Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 31, 2011, 06:15 AM
Joined Feb 2011
198 Posts
Has anyone in here any experience with the MeekPE PPM encoder board?

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/MeekPE_PPM_Encoder_Board

Seems it could be a really cheap alternative to the other MCU based ones...

//A
jerano is offline Find More Posts by jerano
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 09:47 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Great, thanks for the help with this.

Now to find a way to make receivers even smaller. Anyone have the schematics on the huge 7 gram sum signal FrySky receivers
If you're looking for tiny receivers, I don't think they get smaller than these!!
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
Old May 31, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
hi,
i have got a question about the dev version of multiwii.
i tried it on a pro mini with wm+ and it was very instable, 1.7 works okay. any ideas? does the pro mini have enough power? since i want to start my flyduino ( arduino mega) octo build with that developer code now i need more information about this software .
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old May 31, 2011, 10:05 AM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2009
903 Posts
When I have the pro mini hooked up to the computer the red LED is on and when I press the reset button the green LED doesn't flash like it's supposed to. I'm lost. I read it could be something wrong with the bootloader. I tried to burn a bootloader but I got the same error avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding... Any ideas before I just order a new arduino?
rdbell is online now Find More Posts by rdbell
Old May 31, 2011, 10:25 AM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbell View Post
When I have the pro mini hooked up to the computer the red LED is on and when I press the reset button the green LED doesn't flash like it's supposed to. I'm lost. I read it could be something wrong with the bootloader. I tried to burn a bootloader but I got the same error avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding... Any ideas before I just order a new arduino?
Did you make sure you got the right COM port selected?
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Old May 31, 2011, 10:52 AM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2009
903 Posts
Yes it's the right one. Just to make sure I tried the others, but I know I have the right one
rdbell is online now Find More Posts by rdbell
Old May 31, 2011, 12:02 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
hi,
i have got a question about the dev version of multiwii.
i tried it on a pro mini with wm+ and it was very instable, 1.7 works okay. any ideas? does the pro mini have enough power? since i want to start my flyduino ( arduino mega) octo build with that developer code now i need more information about this software .

Hi,

I have gone over to dev_20110529 on all of my girls, have not had any problems at all.
Im using it on one wartox board(pro mini), two Jussi boards(pro mini) and two flyduino's(mega), as i said no problems on either.
I like to have everything on one version so i dont change over untill im sure its a stable version.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old May 31, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
If you're looking for tiny receivers, I don't think they get smaller than these!!
Great link. I especially like how they have a PPM sum sig pin. I really don't want to try and solder 5 more wires onto the one gram arduino if I can avoid it.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old May 31, 2011, 02:28 PM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
HI Guys,
I know it is written a hundred times in the thread, but after reading and re reading, I'm still stuck. I built a Quadro, with Arduino mini equivalent self-made board and an original WM+NK combo. Motors are robbe BL2827-34(760Kv/9A) with Gaui 8'' colorfull props. Frame is from Jakub (foldable quad frame). ESC's are PowerHD 12A. It flies OK with this config, but the props are I think too small, it hovers just at a little above 3/4 throttle. So I Changed the props to 10x4.5 (Also from Gaui). I balanced the motors and the props and added dampening to the WM+NK. The problem is that with these new props my quad is not flyable. At P=4 it start oscillating heavily after takeoff. I tried to lower P to 2.8, and it helped the oscillations (not cured, but helped) however it become very unstable. Any ideas how and what to change ?
Thanks,
Andras
eosbandi is offline Find More Posts by eosbandi
Old May 31, 2011, 02:30 PM
Urban Aerial Photography
Bucharest, Romania
Joined Sep 2009
355 Posts
If you want a brand new HobbyKing HK SS esc controller 18-20A with 12% discount, use this link within 14 days:

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...6-2F4B8011BEB4

Also a brand new 5000mA Zippy 40C 3S with 5% discount:

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...F-4D5D20810875
dramida is offline Find More Posts by dramida
Old May 31, 2011, 02:30 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
Try hooking up to the GUI and spin the motors with props up to about half and see what kind of noise you are getting on the graph. A little twitching is ok, big spikes and swooping noise is not.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old May 31, 2011, 02:38 PM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Try hooking up to the GUI and spin the motors with props up to about half and see what kind of noise you are getting on the graph. A little twitching is ok, big spikes and swooping noise is not.
Did that, just a little rumble, no spikes no swooping noise..
Old May 31, 2011, 02:45 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
are those props standard or SF? I used 10.47SF on my Tcopter and tried switching to 10x6E when I could not find anymore SF props. It was flyable but very very twitchy and not real stable.

Other then that I don't have many ideas, maybe someone else has one?

Good luck!
Old May 31, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
are those props standard or SF? I used 10.47SF on my Tcopter and tried switching to 10x6E when I could not find anymore SF props. It was flyable but very very twitchy and not real stable.

Other then that I don't have many ideas, maybe someone else has one?

Good luck!
Props are standard props from Gaui 330X quad, they come in sets. Thanks anyway...
Old May 31, 2011, 02:49 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
I have seen several people running those props here, so maybe it is something else then.

Have you tried it in acro mode also?