New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2016, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by gatehealing
Joined Oct 2014
45 Posts
Help!
Rustler VXL w/venom 5400 20c lipo hesitates at higher throttle

Hi y'all,

This cogging-like behavior does not happen with my lower powered Nimh 7 cell pack. When I get to about 80% throttle with lipo (just as it would start to pop a wheelie), the motor seems to hesitate rapidly, almost like brief losses of power in a series, then seems ok. Does not seem to happen when I accelerate up to speed slower though. Also does not do it when I accelerate quickly with the wheels off the ground; that almost makes it feel like a traction control thing, but I've played with that a bit and it still does it, so I think it may be that it needs more power to get to speed when the weight of the truck is there.

Ideas of how to fix this? Thanks y'all.
Jon
gatehealing is offline Find More Posts by gatehealing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2016, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by gatehealing
Joined Oct 2014
45 Posts
Tried adjusting slipper clutch with no change. Tried the lipo battery first (so things are not hot) and it still happened.

Head scratcher.
gatehealing is offline Find More Posts by gatehealing