Joined May 2016
iMAX B6AC v2 - balance connect error -
Greetings everyone. I am new to this forum. It is nice to be here!
I recently purchased an iMAX B6AC v2 charger. I also have a 3S 30C 4500mah Floureon battery.
During the first charge everything was fine. Balanced charge. No problems.
Next time I tried to do a balanced charge but as I was disconnecting the cables, I noticed something like a burnt smell I think.
Now my charger cannot do a balanced charge.! It says "BALANCE CONNECT ERROR"
Went into settings, turned off the "obligatory balance" charge, connected battery with no balance cable, and fortunately I am able to charge the battery.
I am able to read battery voltage using both a multimeter and a small beeping voltmeter.
I am just not able to do a balanced charge. Tried reseting factory settings to charger. This didn't work.
What is more strange is that in BATTERY METER the charger displays 4.12 0.00 8.99 volts !! As if the voltages of two cells are being counted as one!
Thank you, in advance, for every answer you might give.
Joined May 2016
Update on Balance connect error of iMax B6AC v2
I found a useful comment in this video
Mark Jones2 weeks ago
Explanation of Problem and the Fix.
Basically if you connect the balance plug upside down by forcing it into the balance socket you appear to blow one or more of the printed connector wires that allow the charger to register the individual cell voltage. With no voltage registered, the charger software prevents charging.
You can check for this if you plug a multi-cell battery in and select "Battery Meter" If one of the cells shows zero voltage but checking the battery with a meter across the balance plug shows all cells do actually have a voltage then one of the charger balance connector printed wires has blown.
The fix is fairly easy in that you need to find which printed conductor has failed and then bridge the blown section by soldering in a wire between the balance socket pins that the blown section originally connected.
1. The 5 balance sockets - 2 cell, 3 cell, 4 cell, 5 cell and 6 cell - are mounted on a small printed circuit board
2. The small balance socket printed circuit board connects to the main charger printed circuit board through 7 soldered connections clearly visible when you take the top off the charger. The soldered joints are at the 90 degree junction between the two boards.
3. The LEFT HAND pins of all 5 sockets (PIN 1)(looking at the socket from the INSIDE of the charger and which usually connects to a black battery balance wire) are connected together by printed conductors. The conductor trace connecting all the left-hand pins (PIN 1) is clearly visible on the back of the balance socket board.
4. Ditto the next pin in - 2nd from left. PIN 2
5. Ditto the 3rd pin in EXCEPT that some of the connector wires are on the other side of the board and so not visible - designed this way as the conductors cannot cross!!
6. And on and on to the 7th pin - which is only for a 6 cell LiPo
Somewhere one of these trace wires connecting the pins has burnt out. To find out where....
With the top of the charger off and everything disconnected (Obviously!!. No mains and no LiPo's!!) check for continuity between the balance pins and each of the 7 soldered connections located between the 2 boards. In detail......
1. Set a multimeter to measure 'Ohms' and touch one lead to LEFT HAND blob of solder as looking from the INSIDE of the charger (corresponds to the left pin in all the sockets) at the 90 degree junction between the two boards.
2. Touch the other lead to each of the left hand pins (PIN 1)in each of the balance sockets in turn. Each should register zero resistance i.e. no break in the printed connector. If any show an open circuit solder a fine wire between the back of that PIN 1 and any other PIN 1 that shows zero resistance.
3. Repeat the above for PIN 2, PIN 3 etc
I do have photos if the above is not clear but no idea how to post them.
I am going to need to solder a few wires. About 3/4 if I checked correctly.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale||Brand New GENUINE AUTHENTIC SKYRC iMAX B6AC V2 Charger||bent98||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||2||Apr 23, 2016 08:44 AM|
|For Sale||GENUINE AUTHENTIC SKYRC iMAX B6AC V2 Charger - Glacier 30C 2200mAh 3S 11.1V LiPo||bent98||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||0||Apr 08, 2016 01:59 PM|
|Discussion||Imax B6AC V2 "Balance Connect Error" does anyone know what this means?||qy8flyer||Batteries and Chargers||19||Oct 25, 2015 12:03 AM|
|Sold||++NEW++iMAX B6AC v2; AC/DC DUAL POWER PRO BALANCE CHARGER/DISCHARGER||crosby||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||0||Sep 14, 2015 10:52 PM|
|Discussion||No Battery Error: IMAX B6ac V2 charger||highflyguy||Batteries and Chargers||8||Jan 03, 2015 02:50 AM|