Conversion of 3D plane kit to F3P
I have 2 of these kits. One is already assembled and flies great. Now I am thinking of slicing the 2nd kit to 2, and make 2 F3P planes. I know I am going to lose printing on one side. But that is fine for me.
RC-FACTORY EDGE 540
I have couple of options.
1. Lemmon Rx which about 1.5 grams
2. Deltang 3 CH rx which is just .28 grams
3. AR 6410 brick
4. 1.5 - 5 grams servos
5. V911 brick with brushless upgrade
6. Various motors in the range of 5 to 30 grams
7. Batteries 2-3S ranging from 180mAh to 2200mAh
8. many ESCs ranging from 3A to 60A
9. CF rods from 0.28mm to 5mm
I am sure this has been done already. Please throw your ideas and advice on how to build a slow flying F3P with this 3D plane kit.
-The micro brick servos are not good enough for a full size model. They are barely good enough for a micro
- The Lemon rcvr is quite light, get the one without any connectors. (Or remove all the connectors if you already have one)
- If you want to save a bit of weight get the DT 7 channel rcvr, it will be easier to solder all the wires to.
- For servos either Spektrum 2010, or the 2.9 gram HobbyKing ones. Both of these have a proven contest record.
-2S is all you need, capacity depends on your final weight
- 4 to 6 amp ESC is all you need. Turnigy 6A works very well. Light option is a YEP7, but you will need a BEC with it.
Motor again depends on your final weight.
I instead made a 24" model from scratch to fit my brick. I am using a HK 2 gram servo for Ailerons and 1.5 gram servos for rudder/elevator.
The air frame weight 24grams. It was 14 grams before the strengthening and landing gear. 10 grams were added in that step.
I test flew it with a 2X, 200mAh batteries from H8 mini and it flew great with the 10g motor from HK. I am going to try change the motor to 5g and check with 100mAh, 2S as well.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Question||questions about first scratch built F3P plane||Sierra_bravo||Indoor Pattern/F3P||20||Nov 30, 2015 09:26 AM|
|Sold||SOLD - Fancy Foam Vrolet V1 F3P 3D kit with servos - $45.00 Shipped and Insured.||GTMAXX||Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W)||3||Feb 29, 2012 09:28 AM|
|Cool||Donuts-Models.com "ELITE PRO" F3P/3D kit for sale on rcgroups||aero104||Indoor Pattern/F3P||1||Jun 07, 2009 10:50 AM|
|For Sale||Donuts Models "FUSION" F3P/3D kit NIB||aero104||Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Jun 07, 2009 10:48 AM|
|Discussion||Scratch built planes for F3P-AM or indoor 3D||dkselw||Indoor Pattern/F3P||2||Sep 10, 2008 07:36 PM|