HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:34 PM
The loose nut behind the TX
Gladstone, MO
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
That it could be...I'll know for sure when I get the white EF spinner I'm planning to replace the red one with...red would have looked better with the old scheme but just doesn't look quite right with the new color scheme.
JeffSchre is offline Find More Posts by JeffSchre
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2011, 06:28 AM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Guys, I have got this thing and I love it, but have one small problem..I can`t get the elevator to trim properly. If my last move was a inside loop, it comes out and needs a click or two of down trim.. vise versa if it was outside..The servo is a new Hitec HS85mg..could it be this thing is not centering very well?? it looks fine on the ground and the linkage is ok. but something isn`t correct..I have tried a few different CGs....it just doesn`t track well pitch wise...thx..Jason
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:06 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,187 Posts
Hey guys Rob at ADC Hobbystore sells an aluminum oversize prop nut that eliminates the need for a washer. Take a look on page 973. And it doesn't chew up the aluminum prop adapter like a steel nut.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:25 AM
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Dec 2003
971 Posts
Think I'd try a different servo, shouldn't be doing that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
Guys, I have got this thing and I love it, but have one small problem..I can`t get the elevator to trim properly. If my last move was a inside loop, it comes out and needs a click or two of down trim.. vise versa if it was outside..The servo is a new Hitec HS85mg..could it be this thing is not centering very well?? it looks fine on the ground and the linkage is ok. but something isn`t correct..I have tried a few different CGs....it just doesn`t track well pitch wise...thx..Jason
kenelder is offline Find More Posts by kenelder
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:25 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,949 Posts
Quote:
I have found that the 82's and 85's get "sloppy" over time and don't center perfectly. is your 85 new? If so, return it. A new gear set would probably mine , i just have not tried it yet. It could be that i am hard on them. Kind-a-like red headed step children
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:28 AM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Yeah, I just ordered another one...Its new and I don`t see anything wrong, but maybe its a bum one..Other than that I love the plane...I`m not all that good and I can make the plane dead still in a hover..
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:32 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,834 Posts
Quote:
Swap it with an Aileron Servo and see if the problem moves or improves. Sounds like a bad servo, (If pushing the Elevator Pushrod by hand, disconnected from the Servo and the Elevator has No Binding) that is.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Apr 09, 2011, 10:15 AM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
yeah, I though of that, but didn`t want to swap for a roll problem instead..I`m just putting a new one it, but I don`t see anything wrong..thx..J
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:06 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,786 Posts
Had some fun yesterday after class. Nothing like 85 degrees, 5 mph winds, and then hordes of cheerleaders swarming into daytona beach.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:36 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
I miss living in DB.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:38 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Quote:
Check for any binding in the elevator hinges, and control linkage. if the quick links on the servo arm or control horn are to tight it will not center, same for any binding in the hinges. every thing should move with out any friction.

if every thing is free try switching servos just to make sure it is a servo problem.

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:27 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
I miss living in DB.
I miss the women in So Cal. but, I prefer Living in Alabama.

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:47 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
yeah, I though of that, but didn`t want to swap for a roll problem instead..I`m just putting a new one it, but I don`t see anything wrong..thx..J
I don't think he means permanently, I think he means so you can isolate the problem. If the elevator trim issue continues after you swap servos, it's most likely a binding issue....and it the trim issue follows the servos to the aileron then its the servo.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Apr 09, 2011, 03:48 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2010
160 Posts
Just started putting my slick together and went to tighten down the set screw for the pull pull cable and couldn't because there weren't enough threads for it to grab. So I Drilled it deeper, what do you guys think, will it be strong enough? I can tighten it down with out any issues.
azlodaiel is offline Find More Posts by azlodaiel
Old Apr 09, 2011, 03:59 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azlodaiel View Post
Just started putting my slick together and went to tighten down the set screw for the pull pull cable and couldn't because there weren't enough threads for it to grab. So I Drilled it deeper, what do you guys think, will it be strong enough? I can tighten it down with out any issues.
Yeah that will be fine!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic