SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2013, 09:36 AM
*jj
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2008
315 Posts
Discussion
KK Super 60

I have just had a copy printed of the Super 60 plans which I had downloaded from this forum. However, when I got home, I decided that the fuselage looked a bit small, although the wings were the right size - I think - chord 10 inches. The wing chord on the fuselage plan is only 7".

Dous anyone know what the correct wing chord should be, and what the overall fuselage length (minus propeller) should be?
*jj is offline Find More Posts by *jj
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,484 Posts
This sounds like the fuse is perhaps only 70% "full size".
If the wing cord is 10 ", and that's what you want, then factor the fuse by 10/7 to enlarge it.
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old May 15, 2013, 08:35 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *jj View Post
I have just had a copy printed of the Super 60 plans which I had downloaded from this forum. However, when I got home, I decided that the fuselage looked a bit small, although the wings were the right size - I think - chord 10 inches. The wing chord on the fuselage plan is only 7".

Does anyone know what the correct wing chord should be, and what the overall fuselage length (minus propeller) should be?
probably you have accidentally printed the plans at the wrong resolution.

I've attached what I have here.

I've put them in PDF format which is harder for print shops to fsck up.

The plans are BIG.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old May 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,517 Posts
Following jj's original post, I had a look at my Outerzone Super 60 plan, which is Colin Usher's drawing.
Just looking at the two sheets on my PC screen, I got the definite impression that the wing chord seemed greater on the wing plan than on the fuselage, with both at the same display "%".
This probably isn't conclusive but it's worth looking into.
I didn't bother for myself 'cos I have an original hardcopy plan.
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2013, 09:45 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,517 Posts
A very minor word of warning.
The plan posted by V1 above is super, except that someone has hand-drawn a "wing rib" (on the fuselage sheet), and the wing rib drawn isn't that of a Super 60 at all, it's the rib for the first version of the Junior 60! The Super 60 wing couldn't be built using the rib shown.
I remember mentioning this error to Steve at Outerzone about a year ago, and I think he added a note to the plan page to inform prospective builders!
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2013, 10:24 AM
*jj
Joined Jul 2008
315 Posts
Thanks, all. The plan I used is indeed that shown by V1; the fuselage seems to have been reduced in size to fit on the sheet. I will have to try to pursuade Staples to turn the plan sideways and print it so that the chord shown is ten inches.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *jj View Post
Thanks, all. The plan I used is indeed that shown by V1; the fuselage seems to have been reduced in size to fit on the sheet. I will have to try to persuade Staples to turn the plan sideways and print it so that the chord shown is ten inches.
Its more common than you think.

I have a 30% oversize chuck glider as a result of a scanning error. They scanned at 400dpi: I assumed 300 :-)

Still when catapulted its rather good.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old May 17, 2013, 09:12 AM
*jj
Joined Jul 2008
315 Posts
Problem solved! The answer is that the fuselage sheet is A0, and the wings are A1. The copy shop originally printed both at A1, thus reducing the size of the fuselage. What happens when the General Manager does the job instead of the workers ...
At least I can make a Mini Super later if I can get the wings reduced!