HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2012
637 Posts
Idea
NEW FORUM SUGGESTION --- Beginner area (everything)

Please copy and past this form when proposing a new forum, so that we can understand exactly what you want.

New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Where To Start (all RC hobbies)

Category: no specific one, could even be its own.

Description: Well, when I first started, I was blown away with facts when we start. Even under beginner threads, it can just be tough to know where to start, what you need, ETC ETC

The goal of this thread would be to be the one of the first threads somebody sees when joining RCGroups. people could ask basic questions, meet people who will explain topics very slowly, and most of all, just steer people into a good start. It would double with "experts" telling newcomers where is the best place to post their questions on.

Justification: Although beginner pages are good, many of them are are very specific and are fast paced. There is no place for somebody who does not know what path they want to go down (planes, heli, blimp, kite, multi, etc.)

An example question would be this: Wondering about starting with Rc planes or Heli's? not sure which one....

or this: could a rc blimp and plane be combined into some sort of ultra flying object ?

Overall, the page would be great for people still deciding on where they want to go in the hobby. Or, people who want to switch and want to do it at a slow pace.

There would be no heavy debates, and each forum post would be short, mostly ending with the "question asker" getting steered into another rc group category.

Most people would quickly end up somewhere else and never look back on the page, but it would give quite a lot of help to a true newcomer.

I would also spend 15 minutes on the page daily trying to help get the wheels going and become a "moderator?" if needed.

IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA, JUST POST A RESPONSE OF YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE STARTING ON RC GROUPS, and if a page like this could have helped you.

Thanks

jimmy boo is offline Find More Posts by jimmy boo
Last edited by jimmy boo; Mar 19, 2013 at 06:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NY, Mamaroneck
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
I was already "experienced" (I use that word loosely) when I joined rcg however I'd be glad to help anyone
Jboyyy is offline Find More Posts by Jboyyy
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:49 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
I vote yes!!!

btw- change the title of this current thread to- new forum suggestion for beginners or something like that instead of beginner area.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:52 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
I vote yes also! I was personally blown away by everything on RCG when I joined, I was still a newbie then. A forum like this would help a lot.

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:54 PM
brandon,fl
Joined Dec 2010
102 Posts
this will help out a lot of people, good idea!
hunhunter is offline Find More Posts by hunhunter
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunhunter View Post
this will help out a lot of people, good idea!
Hunter do you need help with your trainers? Im sure we could give you a few pointers. Lol
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
637 Posts
Looks like this could be a big success. Ive already made a blog post and such, but don't want to keep posting everywhere because I will get in trouble for cross posting. if maybe everyone could post a link to this on one of the beginner forums each, that would help a lot!!!!

I know not a lot of people will not want to put too much time into it, because once your gone from a page here, no one really wants to go back. but think of it more as you will be giving back a lot of what you learned.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
brandon,fl
Joined Dec 2010
102 Posts
yeah jboy I want to know how to do a loopty loop
hunhunter is offline Find More Posts by hunhunter
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Do it.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:13 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,681 Posts
Whats the best transmitter? 3d or gliders? Let the debate begin! Just kidding- dont let this thread turn into debate.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:17 PM
license to fly!
United States, NH, Bartlett
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
i joined and then didn't really do much on RCG till i found the teen thread and now i find RCG a really good place to find info for just about anything RC related.
zebtqb is offline Find More Posts by zebtqb
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunhunter View Post
yeah jboy I want to know how to do a loopty loop
So... Get about 3 mistakes high, that means you want to be high enough that if you mess up three times you still wont crash, then move the throttle to full and pull back on the elevator. The plane will begin doing a loop, then as you begin to descend slightly decrease the power but hold the elevator till your plane is level then return to neutral. *Said in a calming but creepy preschool teacher's voice* Slow enough explanation for you Jimmy? I want to make sure I'm doing this right
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
637 Posts
The whole idea of the forum will be to get away posts like that, even though I know your kidding All it takes is 1 post like that to be interpreted the wrong way and for somebody to feel like their pushed away from the hobby.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy boo View Post
^well you guys obviously know what your doing, but somebody just starting out as silly as it sounds, will really have no clue.
I was half joking, because hunter is WAY better then I'll ever be
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy boo View Post
The whole idea of the forum will be to get away posts like that, even though I know your kidding All it takes is 1 post like that to be interpreted the wrong way and for somebody to feel like their pushed away from the hobby.
Aight, how would YOU instruct Hunter to do a loop?