HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:39 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2005
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Edward View Post
The first post has become a little out-dated and I was getting tired of trying to keep mental note on rebrands and protocol compabilities, not to mention the threads on RcGroups.
Soooo... I made a spreadsheet of them, and thought I would post it here.
Includes list of rebrands, protocol info, RcGroups thread links and some other snippets for each quad.

It's incomplete but anyone can edit it (hint hint).

Textlink in case the image breaks.
This looks great. I have one request that could make it super helpful: Include the release date with each model - that way we know how old they are and might have a better idea of when an upgrade might be due.
ten safe frogs is offline Find More Posts by ten safe frogs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:36 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,791 Posts
I wanted to check if Benma has any new offerings, then I saw this angry banner on their frontpage :

(Amended version) "We will fight with Hobbyking. Any items that Hobbyking had ordered from us, we will not sell them. Also, we will never do business with Hobbyking again!"

http://benmahobby.com/

I wonder what happened between them.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:51 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,234 Posts
I find that a bit strange and funny. Benma wants the world to know they have a problem with Hobbyking but doesn't give any other details. So are they looking for moral support or what? Do they want their loyal customers to boycott HK? They gave no clue what HK did to piss them off. Very interesting this RC industry, there is personality behind each company.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,791 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to find out too.

It's complicated relationship between HK and Benma. They share similar products such as V911, V929, and even the latest CX-20 (HK calls it Quanum Nova).
Old Aug 01, 2014, 11:14 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,791 Posts
I hope WLtoys or CX-Hobby (Cheerson) can come up with something like this!

Throw Your "Mariner" DRONE in the OCEAN and it will SURVIVE! - Filmed in British Virgin Islands (8 min 10 sec)