HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:03 PM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
Help!
Genius CP won't bind!

Hi all. I have a new genius CP that only has about 20 flights on it. When I first got it I followed finles bob's instructions on how to auto bind and then set a fixed ID. Today after a flight I went to put another pack in and nothing....won't bind. So, I tried another pack....same thing no bind. So I figure ok maybe the fixed ID thingy got screwed up somehow so let me cancel the fixed ID and try from scratch. I followed the instructions to cancel the fixed ID and it seemd like it worked I got the slow flash led and then pulled the bind plug. Canceled the fixed ID in my devo 6 tx set it to off. Tried auto bind and nothing just flashing red led.

I have watched finless bob bind video like 10 times to try and make sure I am not doing anything wrong. I have tried canceling the fixed ID like 10 times. This thing just will not bind to my devo 6 anymore. Really stinks for me I just wrecked my mcpx yesterday and trashed a servo but figured ahhh no biggie I got the genius to play with and now this happens.

Anyone have this problem before? Man I hope the reciever isn't bad damn things cost like 80 bucks and I dont even have the 20 bucks to fix my mcpx servo! Would really appreciate if anyone has any tips on how the hell to make this thing bind. I never had any trouble when I first bound it to the tx but I am just at a loss now.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Nytflyer is offline Find More Posts by Nytflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:43 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,027 Posts
not sure if its the same but my 4-3, 3 in 1 did the same thing . someone here told me what was wrong and i fixed it. mine was a silver capaciter came loose and i just needed to resolder it to the board.
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:04 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, Windsor
Joined Oct 2011
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
Hi all. I have a new genius CP that only has about 20 flights on it. When I first got it I followed finles bob's instructions on how to auto bind and then set a fixed ID. Today after a flight I went to put another pack in and nothing....won't bind. So, I tried another pack....same thing no bind. So I figure ok maybe the fixed ID thingy got screwed up somehow so let me cancel the fixed ID and try from scratch. I followed the instructions to cancel the fixed ID and it seemd like it worked I got the slow flash led and then pulled the bind plug. Canceled the fixed ID in my devo 6 tx set it to off. Tried auto bind and nothing just flashing red led.

I have watched finless bob bind video like 10 times to try and make sure I am not doing anything wrong. I have tried canceling the fixed ID like 10 times. This thing just will not bind to my devo 6 anymore. Really stinks for me I just wrecked my mcpx yesterday and trashed a servo but figured ahhh no biggie I got the genius to play with and now this happens.

Anyone have this problem before? Man I hope the reciever isn't bad damn things cost like 80 bucks and I dont even have the 20 bucks to fix my mcpx servo! Would really appreciate if anyone has any tips on how the hell to make this thing bind. I never had any trouble when I first bound it to the tx but I am just at a loss now.

Thanks in advance for any help!
hey bud go to power amplifyer settings and click on 0dbm and exit turn off your radio so it will save your settings

then try binding it again

best regards dave

btw are you using a devo transmitter?
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:49 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
hey bud go to power amplifyer settings and click on 0dbm and exit turn off your radio so it will save your settings

then try binding it again

best regards dave

btw are you using a devo transmitter?

Well just tried that and that didn't work either. I farted with this thing like 2 hours last night and nothing is working.

And yes I am using devo 6 tx.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:57 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Are you absolutely certain you cleared the Rx correctly after you went back to random ID - if the Rx is looking for a fixed ID code then it will not bind unless you have that code in the Tx.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:03 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
That is what I am thinking is that the code won't clear. I did it just how it says in the manual. Plug bind plug in then power up. Get the slow flashing light then pull the plug and it starts flashing fast.

When I try the autobind it acts like it is trying because the light goes solid for a sec until the transmiter fully loads then it just starts flashing again.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:09 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
That is what I am thinking is that the code won't clear. I did it just how it says in the manual. Plug bind plug in then power up. Get the slow flashing light then pull the plug and it starts flashing fast.

When I try the autobind it acts like it is trying because the light goes solid for a sec until the transmiter fully loads then it just starts flashing again.
Possibly worth trying again but leave it a fair while with the slow flashing light see if that forces Clarance of the code - I have never tried clearing the code on mine, its always bind's perfectly - but you know walkera manuals

Regards David
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:20 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
Yea I have tried leaving it in for a long time short time. I have tried it with a different model in the tx. I have tried everything I can think. About to just chalk this one up to a loss.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:09 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Yea I have tried leaving it in for a long time short time. I have tried it with a different model in the tx. I have tried everything I can think. About to just chalk this one up to a loss.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
I would send it back to "WoW then - more you mess the less likely they are to help - since the heli has not been crashed its probably a fault.

Regards David
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:14 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
Yea I sent them an email. I don't really expect them to do anything though because I have had it for like 2 weeks.

But, who knows maybe I will get lucky.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:28 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Yea I sent them an email. I don't really expect them to do anything though because I have had it for like 2 weeks.

But, who knows maybe I will get lucky.
Hahahahahah !
dont hold your breath
did you check to see if there is a silver capaciter on the board ?
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:02 AM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Hahahahahah !
dont hold your breath
did you check to see if there is a silver capaciter on the board ?
lol I know right. Actually I don't blame wow for this at all. It was working fine for about 2 weeks and 20 flights. Just stopped binding out of nowhere.

Yea I looked over the board top to bottom and it doesn't have a cap on it like the 4#3 boards do. I can't find anything that looks even remotely odd.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:18 PM
Farmer
United States, CA, Windsor
Joined Oct 2011
919 Posts
If you dont get it sorted out, let me know cause can fix your rx..

best of luck

Dave
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:39 PM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Odenton, MD
Joined Apr 2009
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
If you dont get it sorted out, let me know cause can fix your rx..

best of luck

Dave
Hi Dave and thanks. I been messing with this thing all day it is driving me crazy. It even acts like it is going to bind sometimes. Turn on tx plug in bat rx flashes for a sec then goes solid. Then after the tx does its second beep it just keeps flashing again.

I would have given up a long time ago but my back is all screwed up and I am out of work right now and can't really do much else. I have litterally tried every possible different way to bind lol. Just isn't happening. Back in the 4#3 days I had a rx do the same thing got a new one and all was fixed. But those rx's only cost like 30 bucks this one is 80

If wow doesn't help me out somehow (which I really wouldn't expect them too it isn't thier fault) I will be down for a long time. Might even put it up for sale with the devo 6 tx for like 200 bucks. At least I could fix my mcpx and get some spares for that.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
That sucks. I've had two bad receivers before from Walkera and it was the same thing...buy a new one. I'm so tempted to buy a Walkera, but this stuff keeps holding me back. When I got my DX7 I couldn't get it to bind to my MCPX (my fault), but I could at least contact horizon for support and they told me I could send it out and they would repair it no charge...however I watched Finless's video on binding and it worked.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun