HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2015, 07:08 AM
United States, IL, Avon
Joined Jan 2015
18 Posts
Discussion
I am new to electric

I have a 992 palm charger....I have the charger hooked up with balance hooked up....started yesterday at 2pm and now it is 6am and it shows I have 4.08 volts....I have a 4 cell lipo 2200 mah...14.8v and 25c......How long does this whole balance and charge thing take? I don't even know if this 992 palm charger works....what should I do....keep waiting? Can I unplug the balance plug and then start charging? What else should I buy to complete full maintance on my batteries? I read something about checking your voltage ? This battery thing really has me confused.
tommytow is offline Find More Posts by tommytow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2015, 07:42 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,923 Posts
Do you mean the MRC Super Brain 992 charger ? Full details always help

How long it should take to charge depends on what rate (in Amps) you've chosen to charge it at and what type of charge you've selected (balance charge, charging with out balance etc). You haven't told us any of those so we can't tell how long it should take.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 20, 2015, 08:09 AM
United States, IL, Avon
Joined Jan 2015
18 Posts
sorry about the details...yes it is a MRC super brain......I called MRC and he said I have a bad battery......got the battery at a swap meet...yep....thats what I get....It was too good to be true....LOL....but thank you for your reply......so now I am looking for a lipo 4 cell 2200mah
tommytow is offline Find More Posts by tommytow
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:22 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,192 Posts
As I said in your other threrad,you should discharge and bin that batt before it burst into flames.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Jan 21, 2015, 01:01 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
6,058 Posts
May I suggest you read this: http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:08 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytow View Post
I have a 992 palm charger....I have the charger hooked up with balance hooked up....started yesterday at 2pm and now it is 6am and it shows I have 4.08 volts....I have a 4 cell lipo 2200 mah...14.8v and 25c......How long does this whole balance and charge thing take? I don't even know if this 992 palm charger works....what should I do....keep waiting? Can I unplug the balance plug and then start charging? What else should I buy to complete full maintance on my batteries? I read something about checking your voltage ? This battery thing really has me confused.
A fire extinguisher perhaps.

Where were you while the battery was charging?
Where was the battery?

Here are some informational articles/posts: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287041
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy