HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:11 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,521 Posts
Build a scratch build plane to put the electronics in.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:22 AM
doha Qatar
Joined Jan 2004
494 Posts
park scale models Beaver or monocoupe. Uses everything, motor/electronics wise

Very easy to build and you'll be the only person on the block with one.

Regards
Joe Perrone is offline Find More Posts by Joe Perrone
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:53 AM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Jul 2014
155 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I will try that first. Plus it sounds like a nice project for me and the kids.

Hopefully my future flying buddies.
RC_planefan is offline Find More Posts by RC_planefan
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:16 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_planefan View Post
Was flying my mustang yesterday and the LVC kicked in right as I was coming in to land.

It was already a windy day but I haven't flown in three weeks due to work and weather and that wasn't going to stop me. Well the wind was too much for the weak battery and all I could do was watch it float into a tree.

Luckily it was so windy that it was blown out the tree and fell just a few feet away. The gear box was loose and one wing was torn. It's fixable but I think it's time for a new plane after 113 flights on the body and plenty of repairs.

I just hate to throw it away since there is nothing wrong with the electronics and the motor was replaced on the 100th flight. But I'm tired of cutting her open and she really showing her age. Maybe I'll just give her away at my local club as "as is".
Do you want to sell those electronics?

Or alternatively you could try to build one of these.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1961057

I designed it around the Mustang AS3X brick, and it does amazing things for what it is. Easy to fly for the kids, and it is incredibly durable too.
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 17, 2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:57 PM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Jul 2014
155 Posts
I'm going to try to build another plane first.

Really like the sparrow you designed though.
RC_planefan is offline Find More Posts by RC_planefan