SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:20 AM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Apr 2014
1,414 Posts
It's a 250 mini quad, so I can only space the rx and tx so far apart. It's not a carbon fiber frame, so that doesn't affect it and LOS is a clear shot from me to where ever the quad is flying. Wide open field, nothing around. Antenna is mounted on back of the frame so going away from me it should be a straight shot. The adapters are correct. Possible faulty vtx? or possible issue with built in rx in the boscam goggles?
Rook62 is online now Find More Posts by Rook62
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:39 AM
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
509 Posts
Maybe it is the receiver, maybe the vtx I can't know.

You can try this vrx here http://www.banggood.com/FPV-5_8G-8CH...5-p-73203.html

It is cheap and works well.You will just have to wait for more than a month from china to arrive to you.

I had placed the vrx in a 2meter pole and was viewing from screen.

See if you can find another vtx or vrx from a friend maybe and test?
giteart is online now Find More Posts by giteart
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
Joined Apr 2014
1,414 Posts
I had that receiver when I first started in FPV and was using a LCD, but sold it when I got my goggles. It worked very well. I can get another, they are cheap enough, my question is how would I set it up to use that rx and bypass the rx in my goggles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giteart View Post
Maybe it is the receiver, maybe the vtx I can't know.

You can try this vrx here http://www.banggood.com/FPV-5_8G-8CH...5-p-73203.html

It is cheap and works well.You will just have to wait for more than a month from china to arrive to you.

I had placed the vrx in a 2meter pole and was viewing from screen.

See if you can find another vtx or vrx from a friend maybe and test?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:17 AM
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
509 Posts
It can be done, I guess.

But first you have to be certain you get better results with this receiver. You can get the rca output of the receiver and solder it to the rca input of the goggles. It will not look good though and you will get a little bit heavier in the head.
giteart is online now Find More Posts by giteart
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2015
14 Posts
I need some help deciding on my next build frame. I want it to eventually hold a go pro and a gimbal. I am not set on a budget as off now. I have the BrainFPV Flight Controller and i will be running GPS and FPV. I need to have some room to spread out the components so i dont have and noise issues in the signals. I would like to get the around 20min flight times.
thanks for the help guys
bradenr is offline Find More Posts by bradenr
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1,414 Posts
Went to a completely different wide open area to fly yesterday and got almost exactly the same results, just over a quarter of a mile. I pretty sure it isn't outside interference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62 View Post
I had that receiver when I first started in FPV and was using a LCD, but sold it when I got my goggles. It worked very well. I can get another, they are cheap enough, my question is how would I set it up to use that rx and bypass the rx in my goggles?