HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2013, 04:36 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
759 Posts
New Product
Walkera Hifa FPV 3-Axis Gyroscope RC Airplane

Hey Guys,

Just started a thread for the newest RC airplane of Walkera , The Wallkera Hifa FPV 3-AXIS Gyroscope airplane.

Name: 1.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 34.1 KB
Description:

Name: 2.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 94.1 KB
Description:

Name: 3.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 29.0 KB
Description:

Name: 4.jpg
Views: 42
Size: 55.1 KB
Description:

Name: 5.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 57.1 KB
Description:

Description:
Wingspan:850mm
Length:580mm
Weight:220g
Wing Area:11dm2
Wing Load:20gm2
Servo:3g*4pcs
Battery:3.7V 1200mAh Lipo
Flight time:20mins
Camera: DV06 HD camera,1280*720P

Feature:
1.The best Airplane for entrance level with easier FPV flight 5.8G real-time image transimission 3-Axis gyro makes more stable flight.
2.FPV advanced Version:support the FPV radio DEVO F4/F7 and to enjoy the FPV videos(exchange the DV05 module to TX5807/5808 and DV06 module);
3.WIFI Version:support iphone and Devo Seris Radios(MODEL with DV05 module);
4.DIY Video Version:support WK/Spectrum/Futaba/JR seris Radios and DIY Vidio with iphone or iPad(Model with DV05 module and needed to complete RC Cube).
5.Camera is DV06 HD camera,1280*720P.Use the SD card that can transcribe and storoge video.
6.Set up reasonable structure, simple maintenance assembly
7.walkera Hifa FPV RC Airplane use the brushless motor,it have powerful power system.
Aaron qin is online now Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2013, 11:53 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdã
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Nice plane and features Small but looks fine, Pitty it doesn't support Turnigy tx
dagob is offline Find More Posts by dagob
Old Jun 06, 2013, 11:32 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,698 Posts
Where to get one in USA?
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Jun 12, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2003
1 Posts
micro sd record

did it save the video to a micro sd card inside the plane? lmk thanks.
PUCHOCOMETA is offline Find More Posts by PUCHOCOMETA
Old Jul 01, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Walkera Hifa FPV

You can find the Hifa (Wifi and RTF versions) at www.fpv-pro.com. UJtoys usually supports Walkera FPVs, but I'm not sure they have them yet.
ruasfun is offline Find More Posts by ruasfun
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:49 AM
Joined Dec 2013
27 Posts
Walkera Hifa Intructions Manual

Hi,

I would like to see the instructions manual of this airplane. Anybody knows where is it possible to download it?

Thanks and regards.
luenma is offline Find More Posts by luenma
Last edited by luenma; Dec 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 03:13 AM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
video range test

Hi,

anybody tested the real video transmision range (50, 100, 200 meters...) for walkera hifa ?

thanks a lot

raul
------
raulvola is offline Find More Posts by raulvola
Old Jan 28, 2014, 02:47 AM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
lack of mini sd card

Hi,

I got my Walkera HIFA yesterday

I realized there are not any SD card in the box. Not paper manual too, only two CD, one for the plane and the other for the F4 transmitter.

Is this normal ?. What kind of Sd card do i have to use ? (size, class, speed... )

Thanks a lot.

raul
-----
raulvola is offline Find More Posts by raulvola
Old Feb 01, 2014, 03:54 PM
Joined Jan 2007
16 Posts
Unboxing my first flight

Hi, here is my experience:

UNBOXING

Good quality materials. It took me 10 minutes to mount the plane. Tail wing and canopy fixed with magnets. No glue required. A wire tool provided for wing mount.

Manuals provided in CD, pdf format. No posible download for walkera site. These are the ones includes in my kit:

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A2pg...HIFAFPVplanem/

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A2pg...DEVOF4Transmi/

Lack of SD card for flight recording. You have to buy a microSD card. It needs 70Mb of space to store 1 minute of HD video. A single 20 minutes flight can fit on a 2Gb card.

Battery is a 1600maH LiPo 1S without balance conector (not needed). A small 80Ma charger provided.

Giroscope stabilization makes the plane vibrate an make a loud buzz all the time, is strange but normal.

GROUND VIDEO RANGE TEST

Putting the plane on the groud and moving away I got a 280 meters of good quality image on the Devo 4 transmitter camera, then a blue screen. I believe a larger range when the plane is up on the air.

FIRST FLIGHT

A bad weather day. Wind 15 km/h with gust of 30 km/h. Taking off with 50% of power, the nose goes to the ground, quick correction and to the sky. Turns are very hard due to giroscope system. On the landing I hit the ground. Dirty on the camera but no damage.

FPV VIDEO

Here is the link to the 10 minutes video on the youtobe.

Walkera HIFA FPV plane first flight (10 min 49 sec)

I realized some waving/jelly on the video recorded into the SD card. Maybe the propeller vibration or any electronic noise ?. Please, i would like the advice of advanced pilots.

EDITED: VIDEO ISSUES SOLVED AFTER PROPELLER BALANCE

And the real-time video on the transmitter... Imposible to watch the screen.more than a second. Maybe in further flights.

Raul
-----
raulvolador is online now Find More Posts by raulvolador
Last edited by raulvolador; Mar 19, 2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: VIDEO ISSUES SOLVED AFTER PROPELLER BALANCE
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:47 AM
Joined Jan 2013
52 Posts
quite similar, we tested the gps version with One Key Return Home

Walkera E-Eyes GPS Plane unboxing, installation & maiden flight (9 min 50 sec)
surfrc is offline Find More Posts by surfrc
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:54 AM
Joined Jan 2007
16 Posts
Camera ribbon cable disconected

Hi,

Yesterday I realized that no video signal received in my Devo TX screen. After some research i discovered that the camera ribbon cable was disconnected.

Can you give me any advice on how to disasamble the Walkera Hifa plane in order to reach the PCB and plug the ribbon cable again ?

Thanks a lot.

Raul
Last edited by raulvolador; Feb 19, 2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 05:50 AM
Joined Jan 2007
16 Posts
Camera repaired OK

Hi

I succeed repairing camera wiring.

I opened the plane nose using a cutter. Then extracted camera and PCB out the plane.

When the ribbon camera cable fitted in place I added some hot gun adhesive to avoid further problems.

After that I joined the halves of the plane together using 'UHU-Por' glue.

Image camera fixed and working Ok !

Raul.
Last edited by raulvolador; Feb 25, 2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2014, 11:33 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Alternate FPV cameras & enabling stunts with Walkera HiFa

Hi folks! I've been enjoying flying my HiFa with my Devo 7 transmitter. The plane is very easy to fly with the gyro stabilization and I feel like I'm getting at least 150 - 200 yards of control distance with my Devo 7. It is a great plane for beginners.

I was wondering if it was possible to either disable or adjust the gyro stabilization? With the gyros at default setting, the plane will not pitch or yaw more than about 30 degrees. Of course, this makes doing any type of stunts impossible.

Also, I happened to get the Wi-Fi edition of the HiFa. I experienced two major problems with the Wi-Fi camera module. First, I noticed that when I connected my iPad to the plane to view the video feed, my Devo7 controls became intermittent. Then, between the short range of the Wi-Fi link between the iPad and plane, and the choppy video, it was just useless.

I have attached an 808 keychain camera to the top of the plane right behind where the Wi-Fi antenna comes out and that records decent video to microSD.

However, I would love to replace the useless Wi-Fi module & camera with another FPV setup WITHOUT buying a Devo F7. I'd like to just buy a video receiver and monitor and use my existing Devo 7. I looked at the DV04B camera which is made for this plane and was planning on getting a Boscam receiver until I realized that Boscam uses different frequencies than the DV04B.

Can anybody recommend a good FPV setup for the HiFa that would not lock me into getting a Devo "F-series" transmitter to view the video feed? I'd rather use a bracket and attach a 7 inch screen to my existing Devo 7 and velcro the receiver to the back.

Thank you for any suggestions!
GRGanjei is offline Find More Posts by GRGanjei
Old Mar 06, 2014, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
US sellers of Walkera HiFa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWC View Post
Where to get one in USA?
I know HobbyFlip carriess the HiFa & spare parts:
http://www.hobbyflip.com/search?q=hifa
GRGanjei is offline Find More Posts by GRGanjei
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2007
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRGanjei View Post
Hi folks! I've been enjoying flying my HiFa with my Devo 7 transmitter. The plane is very easy to fly with the gyro stabilization and I feel like I'm getting at least 150 - 200 yards of control distance with my Devo 7. It is a great plane for beginners.
Greetings from Spain. Excuse my bad English

I am a begginer pilot, only two HiFa flights up to date, but I´d like to share my experience with you.

As far I know it's not possible to disable the gyro stabilization. It makes me difficult landing and take offs. Turns are hard to do.

I can´t help you with the wifi video because my HiFa is the Devo F4 version with 5.8Ghz video link version.

My advise for you is to buy the FatShark Predator FPV glasses. The pack includes the glasses with a 5.8 Receiver and a camera with a Transmiter for the plane. About 1 Km video range and real flight inmersion.

I´ll buy the glasses as soon as possible, looking at the Devo F4 screen under direct sunlight is very hard and the receiver internal antenna is bad.

cheers.
Last edited by raulvolador; Mar 12, 2014 at 03:03 AM.