HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:57 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
United States, NV, Silver Springs
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
Photos from this weekends event can be found here.
johnorama is offline Find More Posts by johnorama
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:46 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
If you joined us at our Fun Fly over the weekend, please click on the below link and fill out a short online survey. It's totally anonymous. Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JS6GTKG
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:02 PM
H.D. Video and Photo Aviation
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Mar 2012
99 Posts
You guys have another event let me know I will come shoot it for you and we can setup some air to air video and ground based HD video. As long as my schedule permits.
koss1000 is offline Find More Posts by koss1000
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:51 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koss1000 View Post
You guys have another event let me know I will come shoot it for you and we can setup some air to air video and ground based HD video. As long as my schedule permits.
Awesome. We would love to have you help us out with your photo skills. did you sign up for our eMail list? If not, go here and sign up. It's a surefire way to keep informed of our events.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 08:54 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,831 Posts
Just wanted to congratulate you all on what looked like a great event. Great photos everyone, and the new web site is GREAT. Well done guys, the enthusiasm is also top shelf!
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2014, 03:50 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
Feeling unfulfilled after our weekend Swap Meet? Well, the Carson City Club is having a Swap Meet next month.

And if you can't wait until next month to sell your stuff, post it on our clubs website FREE classified ad section HERE! It's FREE! And it targets the local RC people...for FREE for everyone!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:10 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,831 Posts
Im planning on attending for sure.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:47 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Feb 2011
212 Posts
I'm going to try to make it also! Good day of flying today. Taxi tested the "Ace Maker" T-33.
amjet is offline Find More Posts by amjet
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:34 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,831 Posts
Awesome Brad! So happy you got a V2 T-33 !!

My F-100 should fly at the Carson event. I have some paint on order at the shop for the finish. It's primed and ready for the final coat, everything is installed and ready to fly A few hours of checking and lock-tighting screws and such and she's flight ready. 2.7kw on a 10s Jetfan90 rotor in a Tamjets TJ90 shroud. Gotta keep Tam busy, you know.

El Bandito got a big block motor and another 1000 watts. I know, it's asking for it, but she's too much fun to fly in any other way. She'll fly at Carson too on 3.6kw, 10 pounds of thrust and 8.5 pounds of airplane.

F-86 on 2kw / JF90 and 6s is airworthy and flight ready after your "strut injection" shipment. Thanks again Brad, those old sloppy struts had me on the ropes every time I'd take off.

A-4 - I'd like to get the engine running again if I can get the fuel lines re installed and take some time to get another 5 gal of kero and set the kero start. I would do a taxi test there and if the gods approved maybe a flight. The new brake actuator/wheel brakes and tires are working really nice. The A-4 is on the bottom of the list for Carson though, only if I can get the F-100 / Bandito finished first.

Ta-152 - If I can fit it in the Yukon! It's skinny at least.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:57 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
On my way to Reno yesterday I was surprised at how many people were at Tiger Field flying. I would have stopped but had the car full of grandkids and was on a schedule (and running late because I had a car full of grandkids).

Now that we have the website accepting photos and the Facebook page, feel free to share your photos there, also. This helps to keep the content fresh and people engaged. Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:02 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
I'm trying to get the Cargo ready for a test and tune flight this weekend. I'm hoping to bring it to the Carson event. I just need to cut/hinge the ailerons and setup the bomb-bay doors and the airframe will be done. Motors need to be mounted and electronics installed, also. I lost the instructions so it's being a bit challenging to figure out the bomb-bay doors.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 01:24 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,831 Posts
Cargo looks great! What motors and ESC's did you decide on?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2014, 02:15 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Cargo looks great! What motors and ESC's did you decide on?
I got the motors your recommended (Suppo 2208/12 1800kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv)). Hobbyking 25/30 ESCs. 5x3.8 3-bladed props. I think I have another prop size also.

Today I am installing the ailerons, bomb-bay doors and then finishing all the wiring. Then all I have to do is rig the controls and test fly.

Anyone want to do some dry lake flying this weekend?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 05:05 PM
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Sep 2011
47 Posts
T-34/Soar 40 Racing At The Reno Radio Control Club Field
April 26th 9:30 A.M.

Come out and enjoy the thrills, skills and carnage that is pylon racing. Registration begins at
8A.M. with the first heat race at 9:30. The field is open to all pilots until the first heat race and during the intermission between the final heat race and the mains. During the intermission a free barbecue lunch is provided with the hotdogs cooked by Chef Scott.
We are always looking for volunteers. How would you like to be a Pylon Judge. A lap counter for one of the pilots (hard hat provided) or a member of the Crash Site Recovery Crew. A plastic bag is provided to each crew member and at some sites a lot of bending down is required.
OldGuyRC is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyRC
Old Apr 22, 2014, 06:02 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyRC View Post
T-34/Soar 40 Racing At The Reno Radio Control Club Field
April 26th 9:30 A.M.

Come out and enjoy the thrills, skills and carnage that is pylon racing. Registration begins at
8A.M. with the first heat race at 9:30. The field is open to all pilots until the first heat race and during the intermission between the final heat race and the mains. During the intermission a free barbecue lunch is provided with the hotdogs cooked by Chef Scott.
We are always looking for volunteers. How would you like to be a Pylon Judge. A lap counter for one of the pilots (hard hat provided) or a member of the Crash Site Recovery Crew. A plastic bag is provided to each crew member and at some sites a lot of bending down is required.
Thanks for the update. I added these details to our website calendar listing for this event. www.highdesertrcclub.com