HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2013, 10:35 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91shadowrider View Post
Jim, I'm interested in buying a q- tee short kit if you are making any. Thanks, Derek
I have an E version I call the EQT that I am in the middle of a build. Check here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1921935

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2013, 02:32 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm View Post
I have an E version I call the EQT that I am in the middle of a build. Check here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1921935 Jim
That's a nice rendition of the Q-Tee in electric.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2013, 07:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Q-Tee

Built-up electric one for sale:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1970472
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:14 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2013
92 Posts
Guys,

With summer winding down, I am begining to pick back up on several buildiing projects, including the Q-Tee that I started last spring. About to glue in the firewall.

Has anybody found the need for any right thrust? I normally build some in, esp. on high wing models.
pulserudder is offline Find More Posts by pulserudder
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:45 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
The Q-Tee uses a touch of right thrust. On the original RCM plans that were also used in the Airtronics kit, it stated to use one set of washers on the left lugs of the engine, for right thrust. You can build this into the firewall (say 2 degrees) or dial it in with washers under the engine mount/tank mount. Choice is yours.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:47 AM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2013
786 Posts
If anyone's interested, I have a Q-Tee for sale here:

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2008739
DrewV is offline Find More Posts by DrewV
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:39 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,224 Posts
Hi Guys! here a video of my Q-tee, this was his second flight... so almost maiden, well, if i builded this plane as my learning plane, everything could be easier, as some know, i learned alone, with a "pulga as my first plane, and a reduced Tomboy as a second, but this is much much easier to handle
Q-Tee rc, with Cox ShureStart (4 min 8 sec)
colibriguitars is offline Find More Posts by colibriguitars
Old Oct 31, 2013, 09:21 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Sometimes, the simplest solutions are the best for an old repaired airplane. Installing the TT GP-07 will require a new throttle servo, extending the needle valve and I don't have the proper threaded lock pin. A screw will work but will require trimming away a significant portion of the left cowl cheek, plus installing a fuel tank. Been vacillating for too long on this one.

Due to close fit and servos are already placed, I finally decided to complete this plane by installing a Norvel .061 Big Mig CL engine with the 1/2 oz (15 cc) CL tank, with pick-up tube relocated to the bottom for more complete fuel tank emptying. Previously I used this engine on a venerable Sure Flite 40" span foam Cessna 180 of the 1980s. Even with the Mecoa standard long glow plug head with additional cooling fins (Texaco?), it pulled that plane briskly along even in windy days. This Q-Tee is considerably lighter, and as a two channel it will really move along, with generous tail control area, should be a decent stunt plane.

For me, it is evil but Happy Halloween. My Q-Tee should be ready for flight in the next few days.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GallopingGhostlr; Oct 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Added photo.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 02:23 AM
Joined Jan 2004
329 Posts
Well, I started scratch building a Q-Tee about 20 years ago, but never finished for one reason or another. I recently decided to finish it off, and power it with a Cox production engine Reedie. I also decided to upgrade a Cox Cadet radio to 2.4GHz to control it with.

I did a write-up over on CEF about it, so I won't take up space here repeating it. The thread over there on my build is:
http://www.coxengineforum.com/t5921-...ng-plane#77988

Mark
gettinout is offline Find More Posts by gettinout
Old Jan 14, 2014, 01:57 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Apr 2010
441 Posts
That's a good looking model Mark.
The little Q-Tee is really a timeless favorite.
The cherry on the cake is the modified Cox transmitter, it never occured to me. I have a few period radios as well KRAFT, ACE, PROLINE, EK Logictrol, Orbit ............... hmmmmmm .......... food for thought.

mike
mikmerl is offline Find More Posts by mikmerl
Old Jan 14, 2014, 02:38 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
I also I agree. I posted a positive comment to his build in the Cox Forums.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:47 PM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinout View Post

I did a write-up over on CEF about it, so I won't take up space here repeating it. The thread over there on my build is:
http://www.coxengineforum.com/t5921-...ng-plane#77988

Mark
Visiting Mark's thread in CEF is certainly worthwhile. His transmitter conversion is innovative and a very interesting read.

andrew
Andrew0820 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew0820
Old Jan 15, 2014, 07:26 AM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
His 2.4 GHz transmitter conversion of the Cox/Sanwa Cadet III has inspired me to consider resurrecting my Charlie's R/C (Cannon 810) transmitter.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:58 PM
Oldie but goodie
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Jun 2003
3,887 Posts
I still have my Q-Tee, built late 70's early 80's. Has flown many many flights. first with .Cox .049 reed valve, then with Cox TD.power.

Unfortunately times change and I have converted it to electric power. Fly's absolutely fantastic on a stock GWS 350 gearbox set-up. 8x6 prop, 3S-1500 lipo. Has at least 2x the power of either Cox set-up, and now i have throttle control.

Visit my profile if you're interested in a pic.
Popsflyer is offline Find More Posts by Popsflyer