HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2014, 02:34 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Thanks, I think I'll wait for the original HK one. its out of stock now.
I've been able to use 5x5 props on 4s with my original motor. its probably over prop'd but it comes down quite cool still. amazing.
I had a mishap with the other I had for my twin parkjet II, so I need this as a replacement to re-maiden.
Twin Parkjet?

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2014, 04:02 PM
Reap the wild wind
headlessagain's Avatar
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,775 Posts
" twin parkjet II"
I thought that might wake Nigel up
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:50 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
TheCure's Avatar
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
445 Posts
yes. it only looked 30km/h faster than the stock motor with the twin stock motors on 5x5 props. Perhaps some different props are in order. i only have 5x5 and 6x4 counter rotating ones tho.

I was going to use 4S but the new stock motor I had came off the mount and mangled itself.
TheCure is online now Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:27 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
yes. it only looked 30km/h faster than the stock motor with the twin stock motors on 5x5 props. Perhaps some different props are in order. i only have 5x5 and 6x4 counter rotating ones tho.

I was going to use 4S but the new stock motor I had came off the mount and mangled itself.
Pictures ?

Mine is still to try and find way to get 1.2KW airborne !!

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2014, 06:40 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
TheCure's Avatar
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
445 Posts
Yea, just click on my blog link and see all 3 of my PJlls. The blue one I will take out tomorrow on 4s. Hopefully I can get it airborne. Its heavy.
TheCure is online now Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2014, 01:31 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Pictures ?

Mine is still to try and find way to get 1.2KW airborne !!

Nigel
you could make it easier for yourself if you added another airframe/wing section (making a kind of 'bi-plane' parkjet)
oh and maybe some stumpy short landing gear for easier rollouts and landings?
just brain storming a little
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2014, 02:44 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
you could make it easier for yourself if you added another airframe/wing section (making a kind of 'bi-plane' parkjet)
oh and maybe some stumpy short landing gear for easier rollouts and landings?
just brain storming a little
I would not add frame to her - as the idea is to max out the Parkjet to get max speed. I still have to beat 230kph ... (officially 222KPH when measured) ...

I did try wheels on her .. Stinger U/C was fitted with 3/4" diameter light wheels .. but she didn't RoG ...

This model is carrying a 4S 1600 LiPo, 2x 3200kv heli motors, 2x 50A ESC's ... plus ET Speed Checker ... all adds up to one heavy PKJ !

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2014, 03:12 AM
Reap the wild wind
headlessagain's Avatar
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Yea, just click on my blog link and see all 3 of my PJlls. The blue one I will take out tomorrow on 4s. Hopefully I can get it airborne. Its heavy.
And I thought my original PJ looked beat up
Have you flown the twin yet? I would have thought that 6x4's on 3s would be a little too much. Mine goes very well on a single 3000kv with 4.75 x 4.75's. Should be a rocket on 2 if you can keep the weight down and still balance with say a 1500 pack as far forward as possible.
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2014, 03:37 AM
Wats the worst that can happen
TheCure's Avatar
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
445 Posts
Heh. Yea, that was one of my first planes. I just kept patching it up again after every crash. Finally I put a 1cm dia carbon tube up the spine and now laughs off full speed nose dives into grass.
I think its over propped. My next order I'll get a number of normal, and reverse props from 4.1 up to 5.5. I'll do both power and static thrust tests to find the proper prop and battery combination.
I'll be back in a few weeks with the results.
TheCure is online now Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2014, 04:14 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I would not add frame to her - as the idea is to max out the Parkjet to get max speed. I still have to beat 230kph ... (officially 222KPH when measured) ...

I did try wheels on her .. Stinger U/C was fitted with 3/4" diameter light wheels .. but she didn't RoG ...

This model is carrying a 4S 1600 LiPo, 2x 3200kv heli motors, 2x 50A ESC's ... plus ET Speed Checker ... all adds up to one heavy PKJ !

Nigel
wouldn't 1x100amp esc be lighter than 2x50amp escs?
and the same for the motors.
I would have guessed 6 cell with lower KV & smaller prop with more bite (5x7?) would give more top speed. + efficiency?

I don't know what the specs were for the 230kph pass machine, but if you increase efficiency at the high end, then use a sufficiently powerful bungee, surely a more modest ~700+watt single motor would be more efficient? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00KV_755W.html

one alternative launch option would be the bungee pulled dolly cart... -
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Last edited by m_ark; Feb 01, 2014 at 04:24 AM. Reason: still trying to think of ideas you can try
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2014, 11:18 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,466 Posts
222kph was 3700kv 450heli motor, 3s LiPo, 70a ESC'S, 5x5 prop.

Lipo basically cooked in that flight.

Tried 4s but had trouble with proper adaptor..... and also torque was real problem.

The twin was devised to have contra props to remove torque related problem.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby lobby F9F Panther EPO Jet Receiver Ready ARF smasher41 Foamy EDFs 766 Apr 06, 2014 09:52 AM
Discussion HK AT-6 Texan EPO Plug-n-Fly 29.5" w/s stuart warne Electric Warbirds 12 Jun 14, 2011 02:47 AM
For Sale HK Mini-PITTS -- EPO, Brushless, Plug 'n Fly WRXronald Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 04, 2010 10:03 PM
New Product New HK Mini F-16 EDF Fighter Jet / EPO Plug-n-Fly CrashingDutchman Foamy EDFs 13 Jul 01, 2010 11:15 PM
Discussion HK's EPO F-16 WRXronald Foamy EDFs 5 Apr 11, 2010 02:47 PM