MHefny
Egypt, Al Qahirah, Qism El-Nozha
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
New Product
Andruav - Unlimited Range UAV / FPV

LATEST Version 2.0.75

http://www.andruav.com/

1- Uses Mobiles as GPS tracker and Camera.

2- Generate KML & KMZ files where images are market on flight path.

3- Uses 3G/4Gvconnection to provide unlimited range for FPV & UAV control in mobile covered areas.

4- Support multiple tracking and control of different vehicle and via multiple GCS in the same time. An interesting case is letting a friend of yours share with you your flight experience online while he is in another city, country or even continent.

5- Sends online IMU data based on mobile internal sensors.

6- Send SMS messages of Vehicle location in case it is lose connection.

7- Has telemetry port to enable pilots to use it on top of Ardu & Multiwii while still can control these boards from Mission Planner and Multiwii GCS enjoying unlimited range. USB, FTDI & Bluetooth are all supported.

1- How to setup Andruav
Andruav Registering (5 min 58 sec)

2- Andruav Telemetry Features
Andruav - Using Telemetry Feature with Multiwii Board (8 min 6 sec)

3. Multiple Drones & GCS interconnected together
Andruav - Interconnectivity (3 min 42 sec)

4. Andruav External Video Help
Drone Control Over 4g Internet Unlimited Telemetry Apm/Pixhawk With Andruav!! (12 min 19 sec)

5. Andruav Video Stream Pro Delay Experiment
Andruav - Realtime Video Streaming (2 min 21 sec)

6. Full Scenario for Telemetry & FPV with Tower App Integration
Andruav - Full Scenario for Telemetry for "Tower App" over Wifi & 3G/4G (5 min 55 sec)
MHefny is offline Find More Posts by MHefny
Last edited by MHefny; Jul 14, 2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: adding video
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2014, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by MHefny
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Version 1.0.10 has been published ... kindly update your apps
Old Dec 10, 2014, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
861 Posts
Thanks for sharing!
Next step is to find a lightweight mobile to use on board. You can find some 40g gps/gsm trackers on the market now. A 100-150g mobile may be too heavy/large to use in some planes.
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Dec 11, 2014, 04:22 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL View Post
Thanks for sharing!
Next step is to find a lightweight mobile to use on board. You can find some 40g gps/gsm trackers on the market now. A 100-150g mobile may be too heavy/large to use in some planes.
The lighter the mobile the better , however still 100-150g should be ok for many planes & quads especially that they replace [telemetry & camera] with the advantage of unlimited FPV & Telemetry range.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Geekazoid
Joined Aug 2013
48 Posts
I just skimmed the site and I have a couple of questions:

Why not use the integrated data connection on the android device? A mobile smartphone has high speed LTE data connectivity already. (Edit: sorry I confused GPRS with APRS. So obviously I can use 4G LTE. It hasn't been called GPRS for a long time in North America.)

Why not use an OTG adapter and hardwire the unit to the flight controller over serial/USB? Or bluetooth? (Edit: am I missing how you are connecting the onboard android device to the FC?)

Fundamentally you have a serial stream on the flight controller with all the information you need. Just get that out over the air, ideally with some fault tolerance, to your base station. Mobile data network is the obvious choice. (Edit: now I see this is exactly your idea.)
Geekazoid is offline Find More Posts by Geekazoid
Last edited by Geekazoid; Dec 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: oops
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:42 AM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekazoid View Post
I just skimmed the site and I have a couple of questions:

Why not use the integrated data connection on the android device? A mobile smartphone has high speed LTE data connectivity already. (Edit: sorry I confused GPRS with APRS. So obviously I can use 4G LTE. It hasn't been called GPRS for a long time in North America.)

Why not use an OTG adapter and hardwire the unit to the flight controller over serial/USB? Or bluetooth? (Edit: am I missing how you are connecting the onboard android device to the FC?)

Fundamentally you have a serial stream on the flight controller with all the information you need. Just get that out over the air, ideally with some fault tolerance, to your base station. Mobile data network is the obvious choice. (Edit: now I see this is exactly your idea.)

Hi What you say is exactly what Andruav do. It connects using 3G, GPRS, LTE to Andruav.com server and forms interconnected mobiles.
The mobiles are capable to provide FPV and camera shooting functions remotely.
Also they Are capable of streaming boards data using bluetooth to GCS software such as EZ-GUI or Mission Planner.

It is exactly as you want it to be
Old Dec 25, 2014, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by Geekazoid
Joined Aug 2013
48 Posts
So I was cleaning up my shop and I found in the "deal with me" box a UDOO Quad. So I decided to strap the thing to the wall over my bench and use it as a tool. But as I was downloading the code I noticed that it runs Android.

And then it occurred to me that this project and that board are made for each other. Or a Galileo for that matter.

What do you think?
Geekazoid is offline Find More Posts by Geekazoid
Old Dec 26, 2014, 07:58 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekazoid View Post
So I was cleaning up my shop and I found in the "deal with me" box a UDOO Quad. So I decided to strap the thing to the wall over my bench and use it as a tool. But as I was downloading the code I noticed that it runs Android.

And then it occurred to me that this project and that board are made for each other. Or a Galileo for that matter.

What do you think?
Well I think you mean this board .
Still my objective is to use the mobile as a mobile, the only missing part is the GPIO ports to control ESC if you want Anrduav to take full control, I am comming to this stage later it is in my roadmap, and I believe I will use on the shelf simple board just for direct controlling.

Maybe later I can make them two in one BOX.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 08:00 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Version 1.0.17 has been published

* It uses a faster server.... still working to make it even fast in 1.0.18
* a very bad bug in telemetry has been solved- very sorry for that it was soo stupid bug to make.

This version is not compatible with previous versions.

Install it from here
Last edited by MHefny; Jan 03, 2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:06 AM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Version 1.0.18 has been Published

This version has major improvement in the transfer protocol even over 1.0.17

Server side is not even faster, but data is transferred i binary mode for images and telemetry so response time is even faster, you should be able to feel the difference.

Yes it is not compatible with older version at all, but dont worry, just update your Andruav app and every thing is alright

A bug was fixed which is [Regenerate button] in the Login screen. This button is used to create new access code to share, in case you shared the old one with a friend and you want a new private number. Now it is working again.

Good luck
Last edited by MHefny; Jul 29, 2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2015, 06:45 AM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
version 1.0.19 has been published

Andruav - Using Telemetry Feature with APM ArduPilot Board (UNLIMITED TELEMETRY RANGE) (7 min 14 sec)

The version has an optimised Andruav protocol, that allows multiple telemetry exist within the same group.

i.e. the setup in the video can be replicated with APM & multiwii, with in the same group.
Last edited by MHefny; Jul 29, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2015, 10:00 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Version 1.0.21 has been published

Now Andruav supports data encryption.
You may choose to encrypt your data communication, so that navigation data is secure using a key of your choice.

It is important that all your Andruav mobiles uses the same key.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by 3D_World
Joined Jan 2015
44 Posts
Andruav i subscribe here just to say that your work is unique.

Please continue your project and i am sure you will change the FPV world as we know today.

I test your system and even at the first steps of it performs really good.

Weather permit i will test again and report here in detail.

Thank you.
3D_World is offline Find More Posts by 3D_World
Old Jan 14, 2015, 08:04 AM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D_World View Post
Andruav i subscribe here just to say that your work is unique.

Please continue your project and i am sure you will change the FPV world as we know today.

I test your system and even at the first steps of it performs really good.

Weather permit i will test again and report here in detail.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for the feedback and this encouraging and inspiring words.

I wish you can join Beta Testers to get the latest version we are now in 1.0.28.... the production is only 1.0.21.

Best Regards,
M.Hefny
Old Jan 18, 2015, 02:46 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
415 Posts
Version 1.0.30 has been published

I hope this version meets your expectations. There has been many improvements since the last production version 1.0.21

Many bug fixes that usually stops andruav.

The man new features in FPV is the ability to send Video It is a low rate video only 1 frame per second, but you can increase it from the settings to higher rate based on your mobile network capacity and your mobile bandwidth package.

Please remember that the Data screen can be used to monitor sent and received KBs.

In telemetry section, Andruav can automatically distinguish between Multiwii & MAVlink protocol, and optimize data to give more reliable connections.

Normal USB - FTDI USB - Bluetooth connections are ALL supported.

Best Regards & Fly Safe