SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 11, 2014, 03:37 PM
Joined Oct 2006
281 Posts
Thanks to everyone who posted the nice comments about the vendors, for sure they are super-important to the success of any event and we really appreciate that they came to the NEF. We are already making plans for next year, to make some minor improvements to help make the experience better.

You guys might like to take a look at the NEF Facebook page, if you haven't already. You can find it by typing "ohioelectricfly" into the search bar on Facebook. To back that up, let me officially announce here that the NEF raised about $850 towards our "Fly in the Face of Cancer" fundraising drive, and we sure appreciate all the support from the pilots and spectators who participated.

We plan to continue this effort to honor our club members who have passed and others who are fighting and surviving. The MARCS club has an annual memorial fun-fly at our club field. This year we are making it a two-day sanctioned event to benefit our cancer fundraiser. 100% of the $10 landing fee will go to the American Cancer Society. The MARCS club will combine whatever we make here, with the funds from the NEF and donate the entire amount. The "Kenny Page Memorial Fun Fly" will be on March 31st and June 1st at the MARCS field in Geneva. More info will be posted soon on our club website, www.mentorrc.com
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2014, 09:40 AM
Fond du Lac, WI
Joined Mar 2005
559 Posts
Next year will it once again be NEF at Akron in March or will it be HEF at Geneva in December?
Bob J is offline Find More Posts by Bob J
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:59 AM
Nice weather!
Joined Apr 2014
5 Posts
Hope I could make it nxt yr
B.Starteen is offline Find More Posts by B.Starteen
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:44 AM
Joined Oct 2006
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob J View Post
Next year will it once again be NEF at Akron in March or will it be HEF at Geneva in December?
Hi Bob, we plan to have the event in Akron next Spring - and we are completely willing to do the HEF in Geneva but that depends on whether the management there can give us the dates. We were forced to cancel the 2013 HEF because they informed us (after we reserved it 1 year in advance) that they needed the facility for a sporting event/ We can't have the HEF (there is a significant financial cost) if they will simply throw us out at their prerogative.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:25 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
883 Posts
If my vote counts, I would love to have NEF again. I plan on coming if it is in the spring!

Thank you so much guys!! This was an amazing event!!

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Apr 16, 2014, 08:27 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
While we are voting (grin) the first weekend in Dec is not my favorite choice for Geneva. 2nd would be better!
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:43 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
I don't have a vote, since I have never attended. I would prefer Spring, not Christmas time.

Spring makes for better weather, (not this year though) but December is so close to the Horizon Indoor, I believe that March is better.

Since Marc and his club do all the work, it is up to them.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

I like Akron better than Geneva, Akron is closer to me by about an hour and a half.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:04 PM
Joined Oct 2006
281 Posts
talking about dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I don't have a vote, since I have never attended. I would prefer Spring, not Christmas time.

Spring makes for better weather, (not this year though) but December is so close to the Horizon Indoor, I believe that March is better.

Since Marc and his club do all the work, it is up to them.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

I like Akron better than Geneva, Akron is closer to me by about an hour and a half.
Just to clarify - both facilities are available. Our event is a multi-day event so we have to have the place reserved just for us. The University of Akron typically can do this during times that the university is on break. "Spring Break" worked really well, so we plan to have the NEF during that same time frame next year. (Christmas/ New Years break would not work.) We'll also be able to schedule flying nights at other times during the year. We plan to have regular dates arranged during evenings this coming winter.

The Geneva facility is also available anytime, in theory, but the problem there is that we must be able to count on the reservation. The 2013 event was cancelled because the management "bumped" us. A multi-day event requires a firm (locked) reservation - so whether we have the HEF will depend on negotiations with the Geneva management. We will also have flying nights there during the winter months. -- Marc
Last edited by themudduck; Apr 21, 2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 03:55 AM
Bad command or file name
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2013
384 Posts
Bump
Imageek2 is offline Find More Posts by Imageek2
Old Apr 25, 2014, 03:59 AM
Bad command or file name
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2013
384 Posts
To the top
Imageek2 is offline Find More Posts by Imageek2
Old Apr 26, 2014, 08:03 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Marc,
All I can say is this. Thank you and your team for hard work in putting on a great indoor event. From the comments and all the talk from people who attend, you and your team do a great job.

From the photos, to me at least, it looks like Akron is better for flying because of the lighting and the strobe effect you get at Geneva is troublesome for many and difficult to get great images in there. Akron seems to have more even lighting, great accessability and not effected by storms as much. I may be wrong on the storm part.

March seems like a nice time, a break from Christmas and New Year and well before Easter and such.

So really Marc, you and your team are creating a winner for sure.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old May 01, 2014, 03:10 PM
"Some do, some don't"
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
674 Posts
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Marc,
All I can say is this. Thank you and your team for hard work in putting on a great indoor event. From the comments and all the talk from people who attend, you and your team do a great job.

From the photos, to me at least, it looks like Akron is better for flying because of the lighting and the strobe effect you get at Geneva is troublesome for many and difficult to get great images in there. Akron seems to have more even lighting, great accessability and not effected by storms as much. I may be wrong on the storm part.

March seems like a nice time, a break from Christmas and New Year and well before Easter and such.

So really Marc, you and your team are creating a winner for sure.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Totally Concur... Great Job Guys (and Gals)
old_coastie is online now Find More Posts by old_coastie