HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2014, 01:18 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
164 Posts
Hi Biz,
it depends on the swing you are using. Basically there are two swings out. One is for the Venom swing and the other is for the ZH belt. If you have the ZH swing it should do with the original ZH pulleys and belt.

Cheers
Peter
Bastelpeter is offline Find More Posts by Bastelpeter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:12 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biz810 View Post
hello,

what belt do you use in the BP8.
of the zh-racing is so tight that it slows down already.: Mad:
The ZH belt does feel tight, but once you have all the gear installed, even with a pinion, you can give it a good push on the ground without power and it will glide for at least 10 feet.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Oct 20, 2014, 01:19 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
I would say it would be the swing right?
Or am I mistaken?
biz810 is offline Find More Posts by biz810
Old Oct 20, 2014, 03:27 PM
Chula Vista, California
Joined Jan 2004
75 Posts
Hi,

Do you have different views of the foam riders you made...? They look pretty cool!
BRAZIMOTO is offline Find More Posts by BRAZIMOTO
Old Oct 25, 2014, 09:57 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch. View Post
Hi,

yesterday i was testing again. I shorten the bars for max lean angle. With the Venom rider on his place, the rear tire was spinning free. No grip. Then i placed him on the pit towel and go on. Now it was possible to drive. Impressive how fast the BP goes around the corner. But i couldn´t finish a lap without a mistake
Only one lap was okay, a 14,50. The fastest lap i done this day.

Next try with new lipo and longer bars. Without a rider, the lap times were constant at 15,xx. Fastest 15,01 and it looks good. Then i fixed the rider. Now the bike was harder to drive, but the lap times go down. About 0,5 seconds . The best time was 14,60. This surpised me because it looks slower than before

The tires need at regular interwalls new additive. The grip lasts only 30 laps.

@Peter
I don´t know why you can´t see the pics. Now i changed the uploader, hope you can see it.

MfG
Wait a minute… This bike has no visible. 'drive' system… It's all an in wheel motor! I hadn't seen that before!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Oct 31, 2014, 02:25 PM
Berlin, Germany
Germany, Berlin
Joined Aug 2013
24 Posts
this is my driver, made from 3 single plates of foam, glued together and sanded, weight - only 12g, the "original"VENOM drivers weight 58g ! (2 1/8oz)

Piekus is offline Find More Posts by Piekus
Last edited by Piekus; Oct 31, 2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2014, 04:17 AM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
@akura2
There 2 Kyosho Motoracer with Directdrive: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24450168&postcount=774
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=783

The idea works well in bigger bikes

@Piekus
Nice work! I actually drive mostly without driver (Venom man). It is not faster but easier. My foam wheels are in the printing process. I think it would work better and i could drive with the old rider.
Stitch. is offline Find More Posts by Stitch.
Old Nov 03, 2014, 03:20 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,703 Posts
Quote:
@akura2
There 2 Kyosho Motoracer with Directdrive: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24450168&postcount=774
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=783

The idea works well in bigger bikes
I have a Moto racer... There are gears in the swing arm that drive the rear wheel.., the images you posted showed the in wheel gyro system... Your system is still unique and awesome
Old Nov 03, 2014, 03:35 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

yesterday i was testing again. I shorten the bars for max lean angle. With the Venom rider on his place, the rear tire was spinning free. No grip. Then i placed him on the pit towel and go on. Now it was possible to drive. Impressive how fast the BP goes around the corner. But i couldn´t finish a lap without a mistake
Only one lap was okay, a 14,50. The fastest lap i done this day.

Next try with new lipo and longer bars. Without a rider, the lap times were constant at 15,xx. Fastest 15,01 and it looks good. Then i fixed the rider. Now the bike was harder to drive, but the lap times go down. About 0,5 seconds . The best time was 14,60. This surpised me because it looks slower than before

The tires need at regular interwalls new additive. The grip lasts only 30 laps.

@Peter
I don´t know why you can´t see the pics. Now i changed the uploader, hope you can see it.

MfG
That Rear tire is SICKKKKK. How did you make it? Can it be bought??

Kevin
www.RCMCConline.com
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 04, 2014, 02:08 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
I have a Moto racer... There are gears in the swing arm that drive the rear wheel.., the images you posted showed the in wheel gyro system... Your system is still unique and awesome
Jimmy, I believe that MotoRacer was modified with a rear wheel internal drive motor. The drive gears would be on the left side of the bike -- they are not there.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Nov 04, 2014, 07:21 AM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
Hi,

in the second post Motorracer wrote: "My motoracer brushless with and without gyro!!"
So i think its direct drive.
The rim was printet by shapeways. But the Venom tire dont exactly fit. It is the reason why it is not for sale. Actually i work on a similar rim for foam tires. When everything goes well everyone can purchase it.
Stitch. is offline Find More Posts by Stitch.
Old Nov 04, 2014, 08:48 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Jimmy, I believe that MotoRacer was modified with a rear wheel internal drive motor. The drive gears would be on the left side of the bike -- they are not there.
Ah... I C
Old Nov 05, 2014, 01:12 AM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
Phew!

What a ride! I just read this entire thread from post one! I'm definitely interested in what shakes out for indoor carpet. I have a "few" other projects that need attention right now, but I hope to look into this one very soon. This had me so amped up about bikes I just bought a SilverLit Ducati 1/12 HOR(While writing this post, No lie) to hold me over till I can look into this proper. I haven't even started yet, but many thanks to BP for his vision and most importantly his follow thru.
Street Sweeper is offline Find More Posts by Street Sweeper
Last edited by Street Sweeper; Nov 05, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2014, 11:49 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Street Sweep: Where ya from?
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Yesterday, 02:49 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2665 View Post
FYI ...The driveshaft and steering head bearings will not slide in with the colored parts. At first I thought it was material shrinkage, but after using the small Dremel drum sander on the driveshaft bearing holes, I saw that the color came away to reveal white plastic underneath.

After that they went in easily enough. The steering head I muscled them in with a vice and hammer tap....in hindsight I wish I had taken a few more minutes to clean out the hole...they wont be coming out anytime soon.

And my shocks arrived today...

Where do u recommend to get shocks and forks from chain tires list of those parts would really help in finding the correct parts per application thanks
Bogo
RoyBogo is offline Find More Posts by RoyBogo