to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:00 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
IM IN! how the thread going so far? im to lazy to read all of it.
You should go back and read the 1st post at least, the rest is a quick read too!
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:03 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
You all should avoid the Dogs show in Dayton tomorrow. We went today. Its a 100% FOG show. Totally Anti 3D. We wasted a whole day of driving to participate and pretty much got run out.
That's Dog Man!

Is this the place where Joe ripped his Elevator or Rudder last year on the 104 and somebody threw a Cow about it because he kept flying??
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:16 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
No issues last year. New rules implemented at the the Friday pilots meeting. No 3D any more. Told us after we spent all morning driving. Joe started flying and 30 seconds later, Fly the pattern or land.
that is complete bull. Do these old guys not understand that 3D is just another form of flying and actually takes skill to do. It is also what attracts new-younger pilots into this hobby, it is why I got involved in this hobby 6 years ago. Though you did not drive there completely for nothing, stop into the Air Force musame, it is spectacular. I have been there three times and still have not seen everything.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
You have to understand that most 3D guys fly low close to them right over the runway. When people are flying 3D usually the sport/scale crowd and who ever else flies patterns feel that they are being pushed out and can't fly.

Just trying to give you a different point of view. That's no excuse for not posting no 3D though.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:02 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
You have to understand that most 3D guys fly low close to them right over the runway. When people are flying 3D usually the sport/scale crowd and who ever else flies patterns feel that they are being pushed out and can't fly.

Just trying to give you a different point of view. That's no excuse for not posting no 3D though.
I understand as I fly low and close when I fly. However I still fly at fly ins and at the field when It is packed by simply taking turns. 3D people could have the field for a while, then scale and sport planes. Also If someone calls out landing you take your plane a little higher and when they land you bring it back down. It is not rocket science.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
I completly understand. I'm getting more into 3D....haven't converted completely and dont know if i ever will. I was just trying to show the other sides point of view.
They should have posted it though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:22 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
First 71 Slick Vid from this evening. Lady from work comes whipping in the parking lot and starts yelling at me that she saw me from Walmart!

She has been wanting to see me fly my planes sometime and our paths crossed today. Her son is interested in RC planes. Been talking to her since before Christmas.

I was so nervous on landing after I realized the Timer didn't start, my right hand was shaking bad on the approach. Been down that road early on with this plane and I was on that same Pack that had issues in the beginning. Had to keep taking my fingers off the Stick and just do minor corrections. Came in low just in case I ran out of energy over the grass.

3DHS 71 SLICK FLT1 9-1-2012 (5 min 20 sec)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:23 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
First 71 Slick Vid from this evening. Lady from work comes whipping in the parking lot and starts yelling at me that she saw me from Walmart!

She has been wanting to see me fly my planes sometime and our paths crossed today. Her son is interested in RC planes. Been talking to her since before Christmas.

I was so nervous on landing after I realized the Timer didn't start, my right hand was shaking bad on the approach. Been down that road early on with this plane and I was on that same Pack that had issues in the beginning. Had to keep taking my fingers off the Stick and just do minor corrections. Came in low just in case I ran out of energy over the grass.

https://vimeo.com/48668432
3:17 in vid. c'mon LOWER!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Here's the second flight. Van and trailer come pulling in the lot, see them out of the corner of my eye. Thought it was the JVS Maintenance truck. Stepped out of the way while still flying.

Then I hear this guy start commenting and laughing. He was laughing at everything, really enjoying it! Like a little kid giggling. Was cracking me up! Very distracting!

I muted it on the ground at the end because he was peppering me with questions while I was Taxiing.

Turns out he has a Blade 120 SR and a little plane of some sorts he is learning on. He took some pics of the Slick and they were off!

Might be some of the Amish guys over at Noll's place.....

3DHS 71 SLICK FLT2 INVADERS! (4 min 24 sec)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
3:17 in vid. c'mon LOWER!
See Above. Lower is in #2 Highest, Longest, Death Slide in SloMo that I've ever done with it.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:34 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,508 Posts
You've come a looooong way from that Blue Angels F-18 huh Warren?
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:42 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
You've come a looooong way from that Blue Angels F-18 huh Warren?
I hope so, but I still had fun flying that Hopped EDF Flat Out! I even wanted the next size up Don's Motor!

Would like to get an F-22 some day....

Do I dare ask? How's the SHP surviving??

3DHS Throwdown in Newark in late September. Hopefully Ron will get the Poster reposted here.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
Nice flying. I hate when people show up out of the blue and start asking questions or my phone keeps ringing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
I hope so, but I still had fun flying that Hopped EDF Flat Out! I even wanted the next size up Don's Motor!
I have a Wicked 4000 for sale
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
North eastern Ohio checked in!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott