HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
here is video of the wth is going on shaking. ha

Heli vibrations. trex 600 apache head (2 min 4 sec)

only when i put movement on the swashplate does it do this. is this bad phasing?

thanks
Buddy
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddertoast View Post
here is video of the wth is going on shaking. ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWBVw...ature=youtu.be

only when i put movement on the swashplate does it do this. is this bad phasing?

thanks
Buddy
Those loose batteries are part of the problem. Need to tighten them so they don't bounce like they did on the video. That's one smooth spining. I do believe the batteries are causing the issue...
Hard to tell if is phasing as the bird is on the ground... Did you put one blade over the boom and the gave forward cyclic to make sure the blade over the boom does not move?

If that's okay then your phasing is correct.... I'll strap those batteries a bit better so they don't move like video...
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
bud, what stab system are you using? That vibration when inputting cyclic is F7^%KR=ED!!!!

honestly cant tell if thats the head, or swashplate/gyro causing that vibration, you can hear the blades fanning when it does it, meaning the pitch is moving so i would not fly that thing again until you have this sorted out as it seems A; Dangerous, and B, Quite possibly very costly.

Its a hard thing to hear, but i would bin that head and start over dude. Just make sure you publicly shame the manufacturer here and anywhere else you can.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Jose, the batts are just loose on the table. there not attached. it's not the batts causing the issue I can assure you. I will check the phasing like you said and see.

So, Jay, you never seen this before. I have hovered it like this and is fine in a hover until I put some movement on it, then is oscillates pretty hard. I had an outrage 450 do this to me way back when, and I never got it right. Sent it back and never left align since.
I have the blades set at 0 pitch all the way from 0 to 100. I was setting up my tracking.

what is a stab? do you mean my sawhorses with a board tied down to it? I emailed the manufacture (cnchelicopters.com) and they asked for a video, so I sent them this one and the one with no blades on it. I think this swash is a little overkill if you ask me. why all the unneeded necessity?

I wish I had another 4 blade swash to test it with. Man, I might have to leave this head and start over. What a waste of $280 bucks........
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Hey bud,

Stab = gyro , stabilization system. i run a beast x gyro.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Jose, the batts are just loose on the table. there not attached. it's not the batts causing the issue I can assure you. I will check the phasing like you said and see.

So, Jay, you never seen this before. I have hovered it like this and is fine in a hover until I put some movement on it, then is oscillates pretty hard. I had an outrage 450 do this to me way back when, and I never got it right. Sent it back and never left align since.
I have the blades set at 0 pitch all the way from 0 to 100. I was setting up my tracking.

what is a stab? do you mean my sawhorses with a board tied down to it? I emailed the manufacture (cnchelicopters.com) and they asked for a video, so I sent them this one and the one with no blades on it. I think this swash is a little overkill if you ask me. why all the unneeded necessity?e

I wish I had another 4 blade swash to test it with. Man, I might have to leave this head and start over. What a waste of $280 bucks........
Don't discard yet... Check the phasing....
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
ok, phasing is fine. there is barely any movement, I mean less than a half of degree pitch on the aligned blades of the tail boom when moving elevator.

My gyro is a sk720. a skookum updated to the latest firmware setup under scale. my. I have lowered my damping gain, but I think it is not my gyro.

When I move stick my swashplate bounces up and down?

I forget what this piece is called, would this cause the bouncing if it was not even both sides? I'm going to try mine from my trex 600 flybarless head and see if that makes a difference.

Nevermind. its not that something is causing my swashplate to bounce rapidly and it's not my gyro as I can hear my servos fighting against it. (the sound you hear if your servo is centered with no tx movement and you try to push the servo horn down).
Last edited by buddertoast; Sep 07, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
ok, phasing is fine. there is barely any movement, I mean less than a half of degree pitch on the aligned blades of the tail boom when moving elevator.

My gyro is a sk720. a skookum updated to the latest firmware setup under scale. my. I have lowered my damping gain, but I think it is not my gyro.

When I move stick my swashplate bounces up and down?

I forget what this piece is called, would this cause the bouncing if it was not even both sides? I'm going to try mine from my trex 600 flybarless head and see if that makes a difference.

Nevermind. its not that something is causing my swashplate to bounce rapidly and it's not my gyro as I can hear my servos fighting against it. (the sound you hear if your servo is centered with no tx movement and you try to push the servo horn down).
what's your pitch curve? the swash follower is what you're pointing to... that looks way up... usually when you have the blades at midstick 0 degrees the distance between the top of the follower and bottom of the follower swash should be closely the same. In some instances that's not possible.

Are you having any binding when you move your collective up, and then forward... whiel is in the up position, they do look kind close...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
hi all, this is how my pilot and gunner will look. ill maybe put a different color kerchef on the pilot, for individuality but apart from that im happy with the way these guys are turning out.

Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
Does it happen when you are trying to lift off? You may be inducing ground resonance by forbidding any movement as you add collective. Your vibrations are zero when you are spinning with no pitch, so balance is not an issue, so far. On your setup, what is your maximum pitch angle and your maximum collective angles because if you have not set them up, you will be getting way too much movement of the blades and that can cause trouble. I have reset many helicopters that have had their collective still set to default levels and that does not make for bind-free movement of the swash. Hope this helps.

Don

PS. Just looked at the very beginning of the clip, your blades are way, way too loose and you should slow down your start-up.
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
hi all, this is how my pilot and gunner will look. ill maybe put a different color kerchef on the pilot, for individuality but apart from that im happy with the way these guys are turning out.

man, that looks great. are you brush painting them?
I want some. lol.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Does it happen when you are trying to lift off? You may be inducing ground resonance by forbidding any movement as you add collective. Your vibrations are zero when you are spinning with no pitch, so balance is not an issue, so far. On your setup, what is your maximum pitch angle and your maximum collective angles because if you have not set them up, you will be getting way too much movement of the blades and that can cause trouble. I have reset many helicopters that have had their collective still set to default levels and that does not make for bind-free movement of the swash. Hope this helps.

Don

PS. Just looked at the very beginning of the clip, your blades are way, way too loose and you should slow down your start-up.
I did setup from scratch scale on the skookum. and this silly scorpion esc has a horrible slow start, that is super slow and it starts very ruff. i miss my align esc slow start. that was a really soft start.
There is no binding on the swash or linkages. But I will tighten up my blades some..

thanks everyone for all the inputs. I'm still not quitting yet
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josereyes View Post
what's your pitch curve? the swash follower is what you're pointing to... that looks way up... usually when you have the blades at midstick 0 degrees the distance between the top of the follower and bottom of the follower swash should be closely the same. In some instances that's not possible.

Are you having any binding when you move your collective up, and then forward... whiel is in the up position, they do look kind close...

my curves are -2 low 4 mid and 9 high

I cannot get the swash follower center at 0 pitch, it's impossible. I am at 8 deg cyclic and 9 deg collective. in this video though my curves are a flat 0 pitch.
even when they were set and in a hover about 8 ft from the ground it had the shaking when making input. when at a still hover with no moving of the stick it was fine.

there is 0 binding.

my phasing is good. I'm just stumped. still waiting a response from cnchelicopters.com

please change your quality to 1080p so you can really see the bouncing.

00027 (1 min 21 sec)

sorry for the language.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
in my novice and humble opinion, that swash vibration is a direct result of having unbalanced blade grips. the play isnt such the cause, all my swashes have a small degree of play and it does not effect flight.

ouch, is all i can say.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
man, that looks great. are you brush painting them?
I want some. lol.
Airbrushing the base, then dabbing for the camo, cockpits going to look cool.