SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Different BNF colors are available from this seller. The red one I've seen cheaper (at $21) elsewhere (but still on Aliexpress).

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/4...kit-11386.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/4...kit-11570.html
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
Thanks for the links everybody. I'll probably try aliexpress again (even though I said negative things a few posts back). So far it seems they are protecting their customers. Same with focalprice. I guess we will see what condition mine comes to me in (of course that is more to do with the store itself than aliexpress). It seems these are becoming more readily available in China, I wonder why more U.S. sources don't carry them, even if it meant a little higher price, $30 bnf, $50 RTF, you would think they would sell pretty good if they fly as good as people have said, even at those prices with U.S. availability.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
personally i will pay the buck or two more to get paypal protection. this has saved me literally hundreds of dollars last couple years (no exaggeration). until it happens you do not appreciate.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...ro-R-C-RC.html

Can't believe what I am seeing but there is now a deal thru Firecabbage for 2 V911 and 4 batteries RTF package for $40.99! I should have waited...
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:37 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...ro-R-C-RC.html

Can't believe what I am seeing but there is now a deal thru Firecabbage for 2 V911 and 4 batteries RTF package for $40.99! I should have waited...
I would be careful there, its not clear, after the pic saying the 2 v911, tx, 4 batteries etc, it says:

From the link below:
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...ain-blade.html

Then that product says:

Free shipping -WL V911 -- New package with 2 BNF + 4 batteries + 1 transmitter + 1 charger + 1 main blade + 1 manual
which is $69.99
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
I would be careful there, its not clear, after the pic saying the 2 v911, tx, 4 batteries etc, it says:

From the link below:
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...ain-blade.html

Then that product says:

Free shipping -WL V911 -- New package with 2 BNF + 4 batteries + 1 transmitter + 1 charger + 1 main blade + 1 manual
which is $69.99
Yep you are right! They are very tricky. I was shopping for parts when I clicked on a link that said "upgrate" and listed the 2 helis as their newest package but they must have posted the wrong link. My mistake.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:02 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Yep you are right! They are very tricky. I was shopping for parts when I clicked on a link that said "upgrate" and listed the 2 helis as their newest package but they must have posted the wrong link. My mistake.
Yea watch their tricks lol, very sneaky
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
I'm fed up with Aliexpress. The only order I have been successful in completing was for my V911 thru Firecabbage. I placed another order with them for spare parts and they closed it. I also placed an order thru Aliexpress with Hobby King for an alloy 260a swash that wasnt listed on their site and again that was closed. This is rediculous!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
I ordered five times from aliexpress, four different vendors. No problems.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:45 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
I'll be traveling to HK in the Summer, any Hong Kongers out there know of a good place to buy v911's (or other heli's) cheap? (Locally, in person, in case I haven't made that clear.) Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
I ordered five times from aliexpress, four different vendors. No problems.
Same here I got a v911 bnf and a mjx F45 from aliexpress no problems and shipping free by EMS and in 2 weeks both arrived ok to Malta
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,166 Posts
Quote:
I'm fed up with Aliexpress. The only order I have been successful in completing was for my V911 thru Firecabbage. I placed another order with them for spare parts and they closed it. I also placed an order thru Aliexpress with Hobby King for an alloy 260a swash that wasnt listed on their site and again that was closed. This is rediculous!
Perhaps there is a genuine problem with your credit and/or card?
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:33 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
Perhaps there is a genuine problem with your credit and/or card?
+1 for that!! - Have you checked your credit report recently to see if there is anything on there that doesnt look familiar to you??
what if someone else is using your card without you knowing it (somebody that may be sitting in a totally different corner of the globe??)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
+1 for that!! - Have you checked your credit report recently to see if there is anything on there that doesnt look familiar to you??
what if someone else is using your card without you knowing it (somebody that may be sitting in a totally different corner of the globe??)
I have an 800 credit score and my card hasn't shown any mysterious activity. The problem may be that I bank thru a credit union and Aliexpress is having difficulty verifying my account. I actually have two separate accounts and generally transfer money into one for online purchases only just in case the account is compromised. After my order was cancelled this last time, I said the heck with it and used my main account with the same result. So I believe it has something to do with my bank. Hobby King sent me their paypal address and we just went that route... great customer service! I do find it funny though that Aliexpress accepted payments from me 3 weeks ago but now they think my card is counterfeit...

I'd also like to add that Aliexpress has charged me for one of the items that they closed the transaction on. Previously the transaction was simply in pending status but it went thru on one of the orders and the vendor wasn't cleared to ship.
Last edited by Killer Bee; Apr 29, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:34 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Up until recently, I thought Aliexpress doesn't charge till the vendor ships. But after monitoring my credit card activities more closely, I realize they do charge before the order is shipped; however, the do promptly reverse the charge once the shipping deadline has passed and order still hasn't shipped.