HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2014, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2013
479 Posts
New Product
DJI Phantom 2 Vision + ***Owners Thread***

3 axis brushless gimbal!

DJI - Introducing the Phantom 2 Vision Plus (3 min 32 sec)
DParker is offline Find More Posts by DParker
Last edited by DParker; Apr 23, 2014 at 05:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:07 PM
Mike
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township CDP
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
I was just going to post this new product.

Anyways, here is some more info.

It's $1299.00
Can be pre-ordered now and will ship by April 15
http://store.dji.com/buy/phantom-2-vision-plus
alasas is offline Find More Posts by alasas
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:09 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,114 Posts
You can buy it with extra battery directly from DJI with low shipping fee.
http://store.dji.com/buy/phantom-2-v...-extra-battery
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:13 PM
Mike
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
That's a better deal with extra battery BenHayat.
Only $70 more for extra battery.
Wonder if this is just as good as getting the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro 3 Black?
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:18 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alasas View Post
That's a better deal with extra battery BenHayat.
Only $70 more for extra battery.
Wonder if this is just as good as getting the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro 3 Black?
I say this is better, because they have more control over the camera, means better integration. To me that's the best part.

I was just thinking, the lawsuit that was brought on DJI by Collin, that their 31 dealers cannot sell any new products, it actually worked great for DJI, because now they can sell direct. It turned out a win, win for DJI
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:23 PM
Mike
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
I say this is better, because they have more control over the camera, means better integration. To me that's the best part.

I was just thinking, the lawsuit that was brought on DJI by Collin, that their 31 dealers cannot sell any new products, it actually worked great for DJI, because now they can sell direct. It turned out a win, win for DJI
You think this would sell higher if you had to go through a dealer?
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:27 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,114 Posts
Judging from the 4 videos, the video quality from this camera is just no comparison to FC40 and fist vision. I put it side be side with GP3+
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2014
499 Posts
The vids look good but I am suspicious and want to see and hear more.

Where are the specs of the Camera? Does it have 1080 60fps? Does it have higher then 1080? Does it have superwide, wide and narrow FOV's? Can it do 120fps in any mode?

Also is there upgrade paths for ground station and other stuff? Say maybe your own video transmitter in case you want to use say fatsharks? Can the camera be removed? Can the gimbal take another camera?

I don't know I will have to wait and see. But the Phantom 2 with three axis also looks good to me as I love the GP 3 Black (plus not so much).

I do like that you can control the camera though and start stop video and take shots while flying and even preview them
with the visionand vision plus.
Can't wait though to hear and see much more.

edit: Just found this post # 9303 by DJI and it gives the camera specs which to me sound pretty weak "The Phantom 2 Vision+ carries an extremely high quality camera and a 4GB micro SD card. It shoots full HD video at 1080p 30, 720p 60 for clean slow motion and takes 14 megapixel stills."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...19429&page=621

Compare to the Black video modes
http://gopro.com/cameras/undefined/c...echnical-specs

While GP is 12MP on the stills side vs What dji says theirs is at 14 mega pixels. and don't forget you can snap shots from your phone in the air. You can't do that with Phantom 2 and the gopro.
Little Cow is offline Find More Posts by Little Cow
Last edited by Little Cow; Apr 06, 2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: shortened post
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:17 PM
Mike
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow View Post

Where are the specs of the Camera? Does it have 1080 60fps? Does it have higher then 1080? Does it have superwide, wide and narrow FOV's? Can it do 120fps in any mode?

Also is there upgrade paths for ground station and other stuff? Say maybe your own video transmitter in case you want to use say fatsharks? Can the camera be removed? Can the gimbal take another camera?

I don't know I will have to wait and see. But the Phantom 2 with three axis also looks good to me as I love the GP 3 Black (plus not so much).

I never owned a GoPro, so I'm curios as which one to buy.
Could you advise?

Mike
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:32 PM
Mike
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Found this...
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:33 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Dec 2013
334 Posts
This reminds me of when I first found mp3 encoding technology and was using it to make CD's with 1000's of songs. My friends were all blown away and I would help them out and even charge some people for my 'mix CD's'. A year later everybody was able to do it with step by step software.

Earlier this year I was blowing people away with my aerial videography and was contemplating taking the big step towards an octo / dslr setup to do some pro stuff. With this and the new H3-3D P2, everyone has access to relatively easy to operate equipment and it has lost it's novelty to a certain extent.

This is a net positive however. I would never be selfish with this stuff as I have had so much joy learning and using this technology. I am glad that DJI is building some safety restrictions into the firmware with no-fly zones and such so that hopefully the inevitable careless newcomers don't ruin it for all of us.
westwood21 is online now Find More Posts by westwood21
United States, OH
Joined May 2008
941 Posts
Buy a gopro hero 3 black non plus.
gnolivos is offline Find More Posts by gnolivos
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow View Post

I do like that you can control the camera though and start stop video and take shots while flying and even preview them
with the visionand vision plus.

edit: Just found this post # 9303 by DJI and it gives the camera specs which to me sound pretty weak "The Phantom 2 Vision+ carries an extremely high quality camera and a 4GB micro SD card. It shoots full HD video at 1080p 30, 720p 60 for clean slow motion and takes 14 megapixel stills."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...19429&page=621

Compare to the Black video modes
http://gopro.com/cameras/undefined/c...echnical-specs

While GP is 12MP on the stills side vs What dji says theirs is at 14 mega pixels. and don't forget you can snap shots from your phone in the air. You can't do that with Phantom 2 and the gopro.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/spec
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:56 PM
Mike
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
So,
I'm so perplexed!

I was going to order the Phantom 2 with H3-3D combo for $959
I was looking at purchasing the gopro black for around $300
And, I was going to buy the fatshark attitude v2 for $279

Or, I can buy this now that it has pretty much what I was looking for.
The only thing is I really wanted to try out fpv with the goggles to get that sensation of flying.

Anyone here have some input for me?
Now that's around $1600 plus with extra battery or I could buy the vision plus for $1389 shipped with extra battery.
This is a tough decision

Mike
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:57 PM
Joined Jun 2013
222 Posts
Does the camera on the P2V+ point straight down now? Kinda looks like it does from one of the vids.
Cicada is offline Find More Posts by Cicada