Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire View Post
That's harsh. He handled it fine.
Yup, I can handle my turn on stage.

The first is July in Muncie and I did not want to embaress any of the other guys so I opted out of the muscle shirt.

The second picture is me in winter fur and cool weather clothing. Longjohns under the sweats and three layers on top makes for comfortable flying in November.

My beard has looked like that for the last ten years and only shows up in the winter.
I attribute it to work! Managing forty 18 to 73 year old childern will do it to you.

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
10 Posts
So is this hall of fame for the plane or the pilot? I see you mentioned my dad, George Joy. He loved those planes, he loved building, flying them, and even teaching folks how to fly. I'm remember having to hold the plane for pictures so he could show off just how large a wingspan these planes had. Amazing.
cherylk is offline Find More Posts by cherylk
Old Dec 18, 2013, 07:31 PM
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler View Post
Yup, I can handle my turn on stage.

The first is July in Muncie and I did not want to embaress any of the other guys so I opted out of the muscle shirt.

The second picture is me in winter fur and cool weather clothing. Longjohns under the sweats and three layers on top makes for comfortable flying in November.

My beard has looked like that for the last ten years and only shows up in the winter.
I attribute it to work! Managing forty 18 to 73 year old childern will do it to you.

Joe
No insult intended, my mountaintop is full of snow itself I was referring more to the plane, which in the second picture looks like it has spent most of it's life in a museum, it's so clean looking. Very beautiful covering job, BTW.
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Dec 19, 2013, 04:58 AM
FT.MYERS FL.
Joined Mar 2009
76 Posts
And last but not least the aquila! I now own a 3rd one after selling the first 2-what a dummy.............still thermals great in light winds!
Jay
CUMICBOY is offline Find More Posts by CUMICBOY
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:38 AM
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined Oct 2002
700 Posts
And the model to end this thread IS the One

Skeeter.
which just edges out the Ridge Runt.

Gordy :-)
Gordysoar is offline Find More Posts by Gordysoar
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:34 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,593 Posts
Big Bird XL from Sky Bench. http://www.skybench.com/images/slbir..._xl_framed.jpg

Ray
Woodys Forever
WWW.Skybench.com
LSF 803
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:13 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,726 Posts
Only the glider's that I've flown.LOL's.
prodjx is online now Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
JMRC Cub Driver
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Sep 2003
211 Posts
I would have to vote for the BA-100 Baby Bowlus that Col. Thacker made plans for back in the 70's.
qm1usn is offline Find More Posts by qm1usn