SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:48 AM
Learning to Ride Dragons
Joined Feb 2013
545 Posts
Rant
Wrong Battery for the Third Time

I'm writing this in the hope that someone at Hobby Partz will see it and actually do something about it, and also to make everyone aware of the lack of attention to detail that is apparent at this business.

A few months ago, I bought a 3s LiFe battery for my radio. When it arrived, it was the wrong battery. Still 3s LiFe but the wrong dimensions. They have two listed on the site but the pictures are switched. I explained the problem and after a few days, I was able to exchange the battery.

The second battery arrived and it was exactly the same one I just sent back. They had literally shipped out the item I had returned.

After more than a month of this back and forth, the third battery was correct.

So I just ordered the same battery again. In the comments I reminded them of the problem. I BEGGED them to send the correct battery. I appealed to sense and reason. I prayed to Jesus.

They sent the wrong battery. Now for the third time.

All it would have taken is a moment to actually read my comment. Is anyone actually working at HobbyPartz that has any common sense, or are people just going through the motions?

Oh, and to add to the surreal nature of the problem, I have ordered both items--the right picture with wrong dimensions and the wrong picture with the right dimensions. Both times I got the wrong battery.

Links:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-life-2...-3s1p-aaa.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-life-2...-3s1p-bbb.html

SkyrimDragon is offline Find More Posts by SkyrimDragon
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:18 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
Would you happen to know your order number for the battery? I heard of this issue before and the parts department should of corrected the issue already. Since you received the wrong item again I assume they never got it handled. Would you happen to know your order number for the battery? I need to wait for them to come in before I can check with them about the batteries.
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:53 PM
Learning to Ride Dragons
Joined Feb 2013
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
Would you happen to know your order number for the battery? I heard of this issue before and the parts department should of corrected the issue already. Since you received the wrong item again I assume they never got it handled. Would you happen to know your order number for the battery? I need to wait for them to come in before I can check with them about the batteries.
Sure. My most recent order number is: 2126115

I opened a ticket and I must admit, my wording may be quite harsh.

I do appreciate that HobbyPartz has a proactive presence on RCGroups, however.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 02:54 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
Ok so I got the batteries from the parts department, so the item number and picture of the battery is correct. Just that the specs are wrong. I measured the batteries and gave the dimensions to the web team to update on our website. So for order 2126115 I can send you a RMA and return shipping label to have the item returned. Upon the return I'll have the returns department send the battery to me and I'll handle the order for you.

I just want to confirm. You ordered this battery

but received this one
Old Sep 24, 2013, 03:03 PM
Learning to Ride Dragons
Joined Feb 2013
545 Posts
No. The other way around. I got the first one (flat and wide) but I WANT the second one. I want the one that can fit in the battery compartment of a radio.

This one:

Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:24 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
Ok I'll hang on this battery and have the return processed for you.

-Charlie
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:29 PM
Learning to Ride Dragons
Joined Feb 2013
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
Ok I'll hang on this battery and have the return processed for you.

-Charlie
Thqnks, Charlie. At least you guys keep trying. Even if maybe it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Well, maybe next time the parts department will get it sorted out.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:38 PM
Learning to Ride Dragons
Joined Feb 2013
545 Posts
I got the RMA almost immediately, but no return shipping label. Will that come soon? I was hoping to get this out again tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:36 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
The shipping label is emailed by the shipping company so we don't have control when it's sent, I checked on the order and you should of received the shipping label about 3 hours after the RMA.
Old Oct 02, 2013, 01:01 PM
Learning to Ride Dragons
Joined Feb 2013
545 Posts
I wanted to update this and say that I have sent the battery back and it should be in the UPS system.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:27 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
I noticed, I have been checking every other day to see when the battery will come in. UPS states that it'll be delivered on Monday. The replacement should be sent out on Monday.
Old Oct 09, 2013, 11:23 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
I gave the correct battery to the shipping department yesterday and they have sent it out, it's on it's way to you and you should of receive a email with the tracking number for the package.