HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2014, 04:52 PM
Just nipping out to the shops
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2008
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLeon View Post
I have some issues with a Yellow Kbar, with the Kbar BT dongle. I can connect to the dongle with the phone, and sometimes the App will show as connected. But the parameters are not showing up as the settings in the windows software, and it seems like only the battery voltage is showing up in the app properly.

Using Android 4.4.4, anyone else have the App working properly with this version?

Hi I'm running 4.4.4 and the app is working without any problems.
turismo05 is offline Find More Posts by turismo05
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2014, 08:45 PM
Joined May 2014
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
It has the best backlight display I have ever seen, and it has (2) internal antennae.
I can appreciate how smooth and high quality is the display encoder-roller
I can't say the same of my futaba radios which are made in china I also hate touch screens this is why I a consider the VBAR radio for the future

there will be an airplane version ( before end of the year ? ) but I don't know if they will introduce the airplane software into the radio or it will be another design just for fixed wings
solimon is offline Find More Posts by solimon
Old Sep 09, 2014, 10:10 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
After having a Tx with a touch screen, I couldn't imagine not having it. That alone would rule out the VBar Tx for me, and then there is the price. I wonder if they will charge for upgrades to the Tx and Rx? I'm surprised they haven't implemented an annual fee.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Sep 09, 2014, 11:08 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,060 Posts
I think they are driving to the annual fee most companies are.

I don't think it will ever be for planes, as it has no trim controls. They think the auto trim in the VBAR has made them obsolete.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Sep 10, 2014, 07:07 AM
Joined May 2014
71 Posts
I think trims will become obsolete in the long run ... because there are more and more gyros for airplanes
solimon is offline Find More Posts by solimon
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
Joined Apr 2004
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peso View Post
I have now tested with a separate battery for the electronics and the vibrations are still there. So maybe there is a mechanical issue that is hidden when flying with weak batteries. Could be a combination of mechanical unbalance and the characteristic of the gyro. The funny thing is that with a weak battery this is my most vibration free helicopter. Next step is to try other blades.
Replacing the blades did it. Worst of the shakes are gone. Now it remains to understand why the blades are so critical. And on another 450 with a CopterX head and a yellow Kbar these blades are fine. The problematic 450 has a HK head. This 450 also flies fine now but obviously needs the right blades.
peso is offline Find More Posts by peso
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:39 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jun 2014
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Just to make you work hard they have hidden the phrase iCard - but that is the box that it arrives in

Mike
Thanks!
Dave778 is offline Find More Posts by Dave778
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jun 2014
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I have 3 450's with the Tarot thrust tail and they are all flying well after many flights. I only took the tail blade holders off and put a drop of motor bearing oil in the thrust bearing. I didn't remove the bearings.

Just ordered another silver one for the GT450L.
I have used one 450 thrust for the X3 since I received it, the included Gaui one was of less quality than the Tarot.

Another in a stock 450 pro 3200rpm for about 80 flights.

I just purchased another one for the 450 v2 to replace the HK hub.
Dave778 is offline Find More Posts by Dave778
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:34 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave778 View Post
I have used one 450 thrust for the X3 since I received it, the included Gaui one was of less quality than the Tarot.

Another in a stock 450 pro 3200rpm for about 80 flights.

I just purchased another one for the 450 v2 to replace the HK hub.
Yeah, it's a good unit, and good to know it fits the X3.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying