HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 02, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterby View Post
It's called "carbon"
I thought it was fiberglass mixed with plastic?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,650 Posts
When will he have access to this new Protocol specs?

I've been developing Android apps to interface several devices including FrSky Telemetry
and I'd be great to check the new PXX protocol.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Last edited by IceWind; May 02, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post

I've been developing Android apps to interface several devices including FrSky Telemetry
Cool. Can you send me screen shot for android? I'll pm you my email.
Old May 03, 2012, 06:22 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,331 Posts
You guys want low price or you want high fashion?????

What's the problem with plastic? Strong, doesn't interfere with radio waves!

It is light weight, hard ot break and easy to fix.

My radio is a tool, not a fashion statement. If you want fashion, get a JR 11X. Now there is a high fashion looking radio.

Sliders are nice and, I would think that a 12 channel radio would have them. But if A radio with sliders from a major brand costs $400 and the FlySky 12 don'ts have them and costs $150 ..... I can live without sliders.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old May 03, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Same here, I'd like to evaluate all the needed modifications on my hardware and software before making a new batch of circuits.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=65963
zenoid is offline Find More Posts by zenoid
Old May 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Hahaha it actually look like Futaba 6XAS.
everybody knows that FF6 is a very old radio but have a look on the pic below please...
yes, it's another chinese clone for this year 2012, good designers in china! W.T.F ?
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old May 03, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
everybody knows that FF6 is a very old radio but have a look on the pic below please...
yes, it's another chinese clone for this year 2012, good designers in china! W.T.F ?
Very decent bro. HAHA You know I own many China product hell my boxer is chinese boxer. I know I know. I'll keep it to my self.
Old May 03, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
By the way I don't like you're icon. I know what it is . I got MCSE. GNU for ever.
Old May 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jan 2008
2,538 Posts
Guys, wanna get new ideas?
Have a look at this GORGEOUS transmitter case with a functional large screen on TOP?

The photo is here:
http://www.hab.se/

it an announcement from a store in Sweden and that particular radio is a Jeti DS 16 that's coming in the summer 2012.

Dimitrios
Dimitris76 is offline Find More Posts by Dimitris76
Last edited by Dimitris76; May 04, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2008
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post

The PXX protocol is used instead of PPM to send the channel data to the TX module. It's defined here:
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72#p565.

We have a version running on several custom firmwares for the 9x transmitter, you need to upgrade the firmware in the FrSky TX module to use it. When you do upgrade, the TX module will only bind with telemetry receivers at present though. FrSky should have an updated version of the firmware some time, they are working on it.

The telemetry is still on the serial interface.

Mike.
Mike Blandford is offline Find More Posts by Mike Blandford
Old May 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
looks ugly to me
mix of futaba 6ex+ flysky 9x

the plastic handle is just a bad idea, probably a handle + antenna,
imo they should had ask to people first, they would put sliders and fix some things.

lets wait to see the frsky bet... looks more promising
I think so, there is no any creation on the appearance.
super2012 is offline Find More Posts by super2012
Old May 23, 2012, 03:03 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,702 Posts
Wow, I'm really excited by the announcement of this radio - I love the FrSky stuff I've used to convert my Evo, but need a new TX in the med term. Dual operation modes is certainly very attractive - I'm no fan of DSM2, but being able to fly indoor and park flyer BNFs would be a huge selling point to many. I do have two requests for FrSky though...
  • Lets make sure the quality of the physicals (gimbals, case etc) is up to the std of brand name mid range radios. Yes some people use and are happy with the 9x, but the majority of your customers use your products with converted brand name TXs and expect a high degree of quality in these areas.
  • Please please please employ some native speaking technical writers to do the documentation for the new TX! This is the main weak point of FrSky right now; the products and prices are great, but try and do anything remotely "advanced" (I.e.upgrading firmware, setting RSSI/voltage alarms) and it's far harder than it needs to be because of the poor documentation. It might also give RENATOA a break from his role as the one man FrSky help desk!
PS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris76 View Post
Guys, wanna get new ideas?
Have a look at this GORGEOUS transmitter case with a functional large screen on TOP?

The photo is here:
http://www.hab.se/

it an announcement from a store in Sweden and that particular radio is a Jeti DS 16 that's coming in the summer 2012.
I love the look of the new Jeti TXs, but ergonomically I don't think there are any new ideas. The quality looks awesome (that magnesium case certainly has the bling factor!), but it's very delayed, there are still question marks about it's mixing capabilites and unfortunately it comes at significant cost. A price point of ~€1000 is unlikely to excite people in this thread who want top end functionality (mixing and telemetry) plus an ultra reliable RF implementation for about a fifth of that!.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; May 25, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Any third-party development is welcome, and FrSky are willing to provide necessary hardware and software support. Protocol and diagram will be open to all, while source code will be open to qualified developers.
Could you tell-us a little bit more? Why doesn't FrSky open the source code to everyone? Will the new radio have the magic USB connector to flash the FW / run applets and overall make it open source? I think that the open source community has made the 9X radio a success, despite the poor quality of some of the hardware inside. I (speaking for the whole open9x team) would be really pleased to help FrSky to make it a success on both HW and FW sides.
Bertrand.
bertrand35 is online now Find More Posts by bertrand35
Old May 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,600 Posts
What I am post is not a Frsky official point of view, just my personal opinion...

Who want and have something to contribute to the new radio, can do it without the need of the OS umbrella.
Too much freedom is not always good...
I see people turning ridiculous this term, labeling vaporware products as OS, without the OS community raising a finger, and have an official protest ...
Also, the other extreme, I see this real OS and valuable project developed around 9X turning now in a not so nice direction, as is rumored in the forums related to 9XR project. Let's see how open will be when HK will command "make it compatible with this, and not with this".

I think that Frsky proved enough, more than any brand company, that they listen to customers, and any valuable change will be implemented.
The only restrictions I see will be only around really sensitive information, that really has not a reason to be seen by everyone.
Maybe they heard about IP meanwhile
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 29, 2012, 10:10 AM
C9X Developer
Joined Jul 2007
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
What I am post is not a Frsky official point of view, just my personal opinion...

Who want and have something to contribute to the new radio, can do it without the need of the OS umbrella.
Too much freedom is not always good...
I see people turning ridiculous this term, labeling vaporware products as OS, without the OS community raising a finger, and have an official protest ...
Also, the other extreme, I see this real OS and valuable project developed around 9X turning now in a not so nice direction, as is rumored in the forums related to 9XR project. Let's see how open will be when HK will command "make it compatible with this, and not with this".

I think that Frsky proved enough, more than any brand company, that they listen to customers, and any valuable change will be implemented.
The only restrictions I see will be only around really sensitive information, that really has not a reason to be seen by everyone.
Maybe they heard about IP meanwhile
Do you mean that user ideas are not IP and that developers should be happy to contribute possibly for free in a closed source product ?
Please explain... IP is not only on one side.
About HK related product: well GPL2 licence is there in any 9x related project, let's see what happens...

Romolo Manfredini
Companion9X Developer/ Open9x contributor.
This is only my own opinion and does not necessary reflect the opinion of open9x/companion9x team.
spectrum66 is offline Find More Posts by spectrum66
Last edited by spectrum66; May 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Closed Thread