Joined Nov 2009
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
HOLY COW !!
That thing is moving !!!!!!!!
What was the temp when you flew it ??
It was about 14c

Yea it had some boogie to it,the sound was great!!!
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:28 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
I can see why it's hard for anyone to gain anything useful from this thread, it it overrun with the endless dribble from a few self proclaimed experts. Agree 100%, or get run out of town. Sorry if a few others try to contribute along the way. I'll leave you to run your sandbox your way.
Aaawwweee.......you thought you could come into the sand box and play by your own rules for speed runs......don't forget to clean the sand out of your undies too.......

I can find countless posts that hold great data and research in this thread,proven information,proven data from flights.
I have yet to see any false claims from members you and your wagon have on it.....please don't let the sand scratch you up,I still agree you have "The fastest diving HK drive setup for the FJU"

Again,congratulations,you da man with the fastest dive!!!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
Mark i respect your position ,i see it this way you had complete control of you plane at all times and thats what counts so the bottom line is you went over 200mph regardless as to how you did it .
if a person straps 500 pounds on a funjet and tosses it off the grand canyon and achives 300mph on a dive and has complete control of the plane and lands it , would it be cheating no he set out a goal and did it . the bottom line is that he did it .this isnt a competion there is no rule book there are no prizes , enjoy the moment . lets move on from this .so that noob like me can learn and enjoy this awesome plane
ps i have high respects for gurus here that have taken the time and take the time to help out with question . i have asked or have seen asked , ive learned alot from them , and just like them i have learned something from you . you took a cheap turnigy motor and made it goes ludicrous speed . thats an achivement . hold you head up .if i ever get up to the skill of flying fast like you and "lets say Mopar" i can go out and do exactly what you did . by reading what you did. and if someone says ooh thats cheating ima tell go ffff off . im not competing im having fun thats what this is all about
sorry if i offended anyone
but i just got tired off all the bs
I never said diving was cheating.
Post 6518 congratulated him on his achievement.
Picking up an attitude when asked to make a pair of level opposite direction passes never ends well.

Asking someone to make a pair of opposite direction level passes isnt telling someone that they are cheating, its asking them to do something.

All markus had to say was that he wasnt comfy doing a flight that way.
I personally went way out of my way to try to make markus see that his wicked fast FJU did what no other FJU has done before, and I get attitude ?
Thats where I say "ima tell go ffff off "

You didnt offend me, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when markus tries to turn a simple request around into a bunch of arrogant insulting diatribe filled posts, ...................... "ima tell go ffff off " !!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:16 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWhSl...e_gdata_player

Just some back and forth fun....pretty easy to do....
With 57 deg F entered into my doppler program, here is what I get

That pass @ 26 seconds has you @ 184 mph
42 seconds has you at 178 mph
1:27 seconds 184 mph

NICE !!!!!!!!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:51 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
Quote:
It was about 14c

Yea it had some boogie to it,the sound was great!!!
whats your setup?
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:02 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid View Post
whats your setup?
I really do not remember,it was more of just a quick fix fly to get my feet wet again.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:13 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,181 Posts
Agreed, for sure.

I tried to put all the detail in the post, to help others with their planes, and learn too on different things other folks are doing, if they which to share.

Got some wickedly crazy out there responses of no value to anyone.

More interesting questions might be how many runs on the plane so far, how did you set motor angle, where was the CG, what was the radio set-up, did you use expo, how much, why the separate RX battery, how much travel, where were the trims for the high speed run, did it want to torque roll on the high speed runs, why did you not cut off the trim around the fuse like others, would you build it the same next time, any flutter issues, did trim change with speed, how do you launch it, any more videos?

I am generally interested in these types of things.

Getting anything at or near 200 is cool, especially a $109 foam kit. So if a guy wants a solid 140, or 150, or 160mph version, it also can and has been done, nice. This plane is a great entry into higher speed planes, without breaking the bank.

Flying at these speeds has risks, you need to understand them ahead of time.

Quote:
Mark i respect your position ,i see it this way you had complete control of you plane at all times and thats what counts so the bottom line is you went over 200mph regardless as to how you did it .
if a person straps 500 pounds on a funjet and tosses it off the grand canyon and achives 300mph on a dive and has complete control of the plane and lands it , would it be cheating no he set out a goal and did it . the bottom line is that he did it .this isnt a competion there is no rule book there are no prizes , enjoy the moment . lets move on from this .so that noob like me can learn and enjoy this awesome plane
ps i have high respects for gurus here that have taken the time and take the time to help out with question . i have asked or have seen asked , ive learned alot from them , and just like them i have learned something from you . you took a cheap turnigy motor and made it goes ludicrous speed . thats an achivement . hold you head up .if i ever get up to the skill of flying fast like you and "lets say Mopar" i can go out and do exactly what you did . by reading what you did. and if someone says ooh thats cheating ima tell go ffff off . im not competing im having fun thats what this is all about
sorry if i offended anyone but i just got tired off all the bs
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Last edited by markusvt; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
i have alot of respect for you heavy hitters like mopar rim, mark (you)and countless others. who have pushed this plane over 150mph .its not an easy task to take a plane to these extreme speeds safely, the built time, the experementing with props and fail attempts .i dont take it for granted what you guys do , thanks to you guys i know exactly what i need to be a heavy hitter thanks to the info you guys post ,i know im not ready for to be in the big leaques. so reading the exploits of you guys is enough for me .thats why id rather that you guys move on and continue to share the knowledge.
you did an amazing feat, you feel you dont need to go any further. i respect that , enjoy the acomplishment .sharing what you did and how you did it is more important to you "great". thats what i want to know .i dont care that you did it in a dive with wind ,you did 215mph ,that is crazy . i care about what you did to do those speeds
rim just posted a video of him doing 184mph .that is amazing(to me) i dont care that it was a straight run. i wanna know what he used and what he did to make it that fast did he use a cheap motor did he use a top shelf prop thats what i care about not the dive not the straight run . i hope my point make sense to you guys i will gladly ship out a pack of Orbit gum to you guys to make up.

m going back to lurking ( reading )since i enjoy reading and what you guys are doing to make this plane fast and about what i need to do in the near future . as of right now my set up is a humble motor only capable of 120 .
again i dont mean any disrepect to any of you . just be warned one day i will be posting a video of my plane doing 200mph and im going to GLOAT. LOL
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:20 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
Quote:
i have alot of respect for you heavy hitters like mopar rim, mark (you)and countless others. who have pushed this plane over 150mph .its not an easy task to take a plane to these extreme speeds safely, the built time, the experementing with props and fail attempts .i dont take it for granted what you guys do , thanks to you guys i know exactly what i need to be a heavy hitter thanks to the info you guys post ,i know im not ready for to be in the big leaques. so reading the exploits of you guys is enough for me .thats why id rather that you guys move on and continue to share the knowledge.
you did an amazing feat, you feel you dont need to go any further. i respect that , enjoy the acomplishment .sharing what you did and how you did it is more important to you "great". thats what i want to know .i dont care that you did it in a dive with wind ,you did 215mph ,that is crazy . i care about what you did to do those speeds
rim just posted a video of him doing 184mph .that is amazing(to me) i dont care that it was a straight run. i wanna know what he used and what he did to make it that fast did he use a cheap motor did he use a top shelf prop thats what i care about not the dive not the straight run . i hope my point make sense to you guys i will gladly ship out a pack of Orbit gum to you guys to make up.

m going back to lurking ( reading )since i enjoy reading and what you guys are doing to make this plane fast and about what i need to do in the near future . as of right now my set up is a humble motor only capable of 120 .
again i dont mean any disrepect to any of you . just be warned one day i will be posting a video of my plane doing 200mph and im going to GLOAT. LOL

Those who are looking for 200mph, why not an F5D airframe?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:32 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Those who are looking for 200mph, why not an F5D airframe?
Because my taped hinge,stock looking FJU can hit in the 180's
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:25 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
Quote:
Because my taped hinge,stock looking FJU can hit in the 180's
Hey that's cool.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:31 AM
186mph Funjet Ultra
nieuw vennep, the netherlands
Joined Feb 2010
502 Posts
Outrunners only

I wanted to share my own design universal outrunner motor mount with you guys.
That has been in use for more than 2 years on several FJU's.
It saves ~20gr on the original motor mount, and has proven to withstand >3Kw.

Grtz René
E-speed buff is offline Find More Posts by E-speed buff
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:26 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,788 Posts
Quote:
Agreed, .

Sure, I would kiss and make up, but some of these guys need to chew some Orbit first.
I didnt say anything about kissing , just wanted you to know how I was thinking when asking you, nothing more....but you took it wrong, thats it, nothing more..

Thanks..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:27 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-speed buff View Post
I wanted to share my own design universal outrunner motor mount with you guys.
That has been in use for more than 2 years on several FJU's.
It saves ~20gr on the original motor mount, and has proven to withstand >3Kw.

Grtz René
great man,,, Do you have a lot of right thrust in motor? or is it wrong camera angle..
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:31 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,788 Posts
Quote:

More interesting questions might be how many runs on the plane so far, how did you set motor angle, where was the CG, what was the radio set-up, did you use expo, how much, why the separate RX battery, how much travel, where were the trims for the high speed run, did it want to torque roll on the high speed runs, why did you not cut off the trim around the fuse like others, would you build it the same next time, any flutter issues, did trim change with speed, how do you launch it, any more videos?
that is sure interesting things that I am sure would have been brought up if you had not take all this the wrong way.... I really dont know WHY someone would not fly one level pass ? what is there to loose? the plane wont burn up cause of one pass... we asked YOU because you are one of the first flying this setup and filmimg it, abd dear to fly low to the camera, we cant doppler someone flying 50 feets above as we see in many videos..... I know you dont care, but there is lot of other here wants to know how fast this setup is in level flying... If you dont want that, OK fine, say it, and we will back off.... Im sure there will be another one filming hid ultra with this setup soon anyway, then we will know..

Sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Aug 05, 2012 at 08:36 AM.