SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2013, 03:46 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
tried to lift the quad. shows too much spinning. Is it require yaw gyro reversing?
VID_20130706_120534.3gp (1 min 0 sec)
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2013, 08:49 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
another forward step
VID_20130709_144910.3gp (0 min 9 sec)

VID_20130709_144348.3gp (0 min 11 sec)
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Old Jul 26, 2013, 05:46 PM
surf monkey
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2011
1,023 Posts
diy kk board still possible?

Back before HK started selling their own kk board versions, I actually had a pcb made using the smd schematic available on the kkmulticopter site. The project was side-tracked and i never got around to acquiring all of the components and building the board myself from scratch. Obviously, now you can just buy the board from HK for around $20-$30, but I still have this perfectly good kkboard pcb that ideally id like to put to use. I think the biggest problem now is that the murata gyros are difficult to get and purchasing 3 gyros would probably cost almost as much as just buying the board from HK.

So, my question(s):
is it still feasible to build the kkboard and have it match or beat the cost of getting it from hobbyking? Or is this simply not an option anymore? Is my blank kkboard pcb worthless? Can another gyro chip be used as a near drop-in-place replacement?
(I wouldn't mind altering the kkboard code as long as I could actually get an electronically functional board using alternative gyro chips)
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Old Aug 10, 2013, 09:02 AM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
continues ???
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Aug 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by changosurf View Post
Back before HK started selling their own kk board versions, I actually had a pcb made using the smd schematic available on the kkmulticopter site. The project was side-tracked and i never got around to acquiring all of the components and building the board myself from scratch. Obviously, now you can just buy the board from HK for around $20-$30, but I still have this perfectly good kkboard pcb that ideally id like to put to use. I think the biggest problem now is that the murata gyros are difficult to get and purchasing 3 gyros would probably cost almost as much as just buying the board from HK.

So, my question(s):
is it still feasible to build the kkboard and have it match or beat the cost of getting it from hobbyking? Or is this simply not an option anymore? Is my blank kkboard pcb worthless? Can another gyro chip be used as a near drop-in-place replacement?
(I wouldn't mind altering the kkboard code as long as I could actually get an electronically functional board using alternative gyro chips)
To the complete KK board in my avatar that i build from scratch only the components (excluding the gyros) bought individual cost more then only one KK board from HK. Even the murata gyros would cost more then the complete pcb from them.

So to get cheap murata gyros i simply bought the kk board from HK since it was actually the cheapest alternative to get 3 gyros and i bought rest of the components from internet but only those components cost more then HK KK board.

To get a board made cheaper then HK you have make your board in the 10000 or probably even more to get component and pcb manufacturer cost down to HK levels and it will still be very difficult.
Henry. is offline Find More Posts by Henry.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:46 AM
Joined Jun 2011
69 Posts
Great Video(must see video), click the link below "Raffaello D'Andrea: The astounding athletic power of quadcopters"
http://www.ted.com/talks/raffaello_d...adcopters.html

Got these from ATTF, please listen the podcast too.
Thanks ATTF(all things that fly) for posting.

Sorry for posting in different threads.
Tomf35 is offline Find More Posts by Tomf35
Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:58 AM
Joined Jun 2011
12 Posts
which software i used to build this asm files. and write to the microcontroller
Sm692048 is offline Find More Posts by Sm692048
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:13 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm692048 View Post
which software i used to build this asm files. and write to the microcontroller
Most used atmel avrstudio. If you just need to write the .hex file to the avr there are several stand alone burner programs available as well as Christian's flash tool at http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool The flash tool has access to most of the hex files and is easy to use.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Nov 12, 2013, 01:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
12 Posts
the tricopter v-1.6 asm file show error in avr studio 5.1..when i build it
help me??
Sm692048 is offline Find More Posts by Sm692048
Old Nov 12, 2013, 02:01 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm692048 View Post
the tricopter v-1.6 asm file show error in avr studio 5.1..when i build it
help me??
What is the error?

Try selecting the other .asm files in windows explorer (file manager) and drag them into AVR Studio.

This video may help

How to modify and create HEX file from ASM (1 min 32 sec)
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steveis; Nov 12, 2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:20 PM
London-UK
Joined Sep 2007
235 Posts
Design and 3D printed, it is too sensible any idea how to reduce this sensitivity ??
am using KK2, FW 1.6
IMG 6980 (1 min 4 sec)
TAREK.SAADE is online now Find More Posts by TAREK.SAADE
Old Nov 18, 2013, 05:48 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK.SAADE View Post
Design and 3D printed, it is too sensible any idea how to reduce this sensitivity ??
am using KK2, FW 1.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj1cc...ature=youtu.be
changing stick scaling in menu will change stick sensitivity. if it is zipping about with out touching sticks much you may need to increase P in the PI editor menu to increase stability.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Nov 24, 2013, 06:51 AM
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
Hi guys,

First of all thx a lot kapteinkuk for the time spent in developing your FC and helping others in this forum and Minsoo for his modified product.

I hope someone can enlighten me about a problem I have with my newly build quadcopter, it's becoming frustrating!

I purchased a blackboard FC from www.kkmulticopter.kr and after several weeks I suspect it might be a problem with one of the potentiometers. The bottom line is that my quad flips over (roll) and I don't manage to be able to reverse any gyro. I put the roll pot to zero (I tried in both directions) and after power the board it does not show any sign (fast blinking or whatsoever) that is in 'reverse gyro' mode. All behaves (ESCs and blackboard LED) just as when waiting to be armed.

Any help/recomendations to try out?

By the way, I use the latest firmware from www.kkmulticopter.kr (Flycam v.2.9 for Xcopter).

Last question: the latest firmware posted here (v4.7 is the latest I saw) for Hobby King's KK board is not suited for my kkmulticopter blackboard I guess, right? Any idea if there is a newer firmware for my board?

Thanks in advance guys!
Astrus_STHLM is offline Find More Posts by Astrus_STHLM
Old Nov 30, 2013, 05:47 AM
Argentina, BA, Bernal
Joined Sep 2012
39 Posts
Good day Mr. Minsoo
Here I send you a link where film calibration procedure for the GPS.
As you can see, in the GROUNDSTATION, the magnetometer is GOOD.
But never in blue LED lights.
Waiting for an answer, I greet
Alexander

Calibracion magnetometro MCFC (3 min 53 sec)

Good day Mr. Minsoo.
1 - Update to 2.4 MCFC
2- Update GPS 2.1
2 - Calibre GPS 2.1
In the GroundStation this Magnetometer is OK !!
The led blu is not on...
NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM

I send photos and screenshots, so that I can guide
Regards, Alejandro
elkolo1962 is offline Find More Posts by elkolo1962
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:22 AM
Germany, SH, Bad Segeberg
Joined Oct 2013
147 Posts
Hi all !

As i fried my KK2.0 board (different story), i was able to get a used KK board with unknown settings / firmware for cheap money to continue flying...

BUT i cannot even start:
I flashed "XCopter V4,7 KK by kapteinkuk" fimware and as i go through the steps of setting up everything i realize that M5 & M6 do nothing !

whatever i do , M5 & M6 stand still.
Its not the ESC or motors, when i connect motor 5,6 to 3,4 the spin up fine when doing the ESC calibration for example (set yaw to zero while startup).

Do i have a defctive board or is there some solvable magic involved ?!

Please help :-)

Ender
enderffx is offline Find More Posts by enderffx