SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by Roadwins
United States, LA, Pineville
Joined Mar 2014
339 Posts
Discussion
Planning to use a CC3D flight controller on a FX070C Fixed Pitch Heli

Looking for info on others that have used this flight controller on fixed pitch helicopters. Would especially like to know setups that I can start with. Will be using a TH9X tx and flysky receiver. dual brushless motors and the CC3D for flight stabilization.
Roadwins is offline Find More Posts by Roadwins
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by vincent713
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
Subscribed!
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Feb 20, 2015, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by subpixel
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
1,145 Posts
After reading about this in the fx070c thread I had a play with my spare cc3d yesterday, got stuck when I realised I didn't have any working servos I could plug in for testing as the one I was trying had a broken gear.

I'm going to gut one of my hubsan lynx birds and see if it will work with the servos in that, will report back what happens, hopefully not smoke
subpixel is offline Find More Posts by subpixel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2015, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
subpixel, do you have an FX070? Once we get this to work, it will be going to all my flybarless heli's. Waiting on your report..
Old Feb 20, 2015, 01:57 PM
Joined Mar 2014
339 Posts
If we get this working it will have a lot of applications. Be able to take any of the fixed pitch helis and make them double brushless, and fliable with regular transmitters, FX070C, FX071C, V912 & V913, the MJX helis. And I think once we know what works and how the CC3D works I could see converting say a V913 to flybarless, dual brushless cheaper than the brushless kits being sold
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2015, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
If we get this to work, I see in the horizon of building a 450 FP from scratch. The 070 is the only 450 FP heli I know of in the market.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 08:27 PM
Joined Mar 2014
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
If we get this to work, I see in the horizon of building a 450 FP from scratch. The 070 is the only 450 FP heli I know of in the market.
I have the HK450 that tried to kill me and another HK450 kit. I really have no desire for the fast 3D so I will take the killer 450 and the kit and build a FP 450. I may actually build all of them, V912, 070, 071 and 450. I will prob. build the 070 and 071 at the same time. But my main focus is the 070. I love the scale look and if we get this all worked out, I see us being able to scratch build double brushless 070 BNF for the price of the of the brushed RTF.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2015, 09:39 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwins View Post
I have the HK450 that tried to kill me and another HK450 kit. I really have no desire for the fast 3D so I will take the killer 450 and the kit and build a FP 450. I may actually build all of them, V912, 070, 071 and 450. I will prob. build the 070 and 071 at the same time. But my main focus is the 070. I love the scale look and if we get this all worked out, I see us being able to scratch build double brushless 070 BNF for the price of the of the brushed RTF.
CP is not easy to fly, I've been learning on a SuperCP for months now and still crash. The best way to learn it is with a sim and I'm learning it the hard way.
You should definitely convert those 450 into a FP, it would be a one of a kind heli. The guys from frankenheli has done it but with a flybar.
I'm building this dual brushless 070 from scratch, I have all the spare parts I need to build a bnf. The one I have now I will keep it stock so I will always have 1 to fly if the other is down. I got an email from BG this morning and they have shipped my CC3D. Hopefully it will be here by next weekend.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by subpixel
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
1,145 Posts
CP is easy to fly if you program it to fly like an FP

On the CC3D, had a go earlier and just ended up in a mess so started from scratch again and have now figured out how to get the servos working and responding to both inputs and when moving the cc3d around so I will now go ahead and wire up a brushed ESC for the tail and brushless for the main and see if they behave as they should.

If they do then I should hopefully be able to flight test the lynx fairly soon, although I will still need to figure out how to actually fit the brushless motor in the frame.
subpixel is offline Find More Posts by subpixel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:25 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
It was a pita for me to fit the brushless motor on my 070 frame. I had to bust out the rotary tool and did a lot of chopping and grinding to make it fit and not touch anything.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2014
339 Posts
Should have enough parts in by mid week to get going. Started thinking about locations for things. I plan to get rid of the seat piece. You can't see it from outside the heli and it really serves no purpose structurally. May get a piece of plastic and make a tray above the battery box. Will place the ESCs and receiver on it near the front of the heli since the bird is so rear heavy anyway. The CC3D I assume will need to be level and square with the main shaft. Also by getting rid of the seat piece, pulling the windshield off would allow access to a lot of the internals.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by BruceGB
Joined Mar 2014
11 Posts
There is one 450/500 sized fixed pitch heli out there that you don't hear much about and it is the Multiplex Funcopter V2. I actually own one. Bought it off of Craig's list sight unseen, and have had nothing but trouble with it. But hopefully will get it all sorted out someday. This bird is capable of some pretty amazing fixed pitch flight as well.
BruceGB is offline Find More Posts by BruceGB
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:10 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceGB View Post
There is one 450/500 sized fixed pitch heli out there that you don't hear much about and it is the Multiplex Funcopter V2. I actually own one. Bought it off of Craig's list sight unseen, and have had nothing but trouble with it. But hopefully will get it all sorted out someday. This bird is capable of some pretty amazing fixed pitch flight as well.
I've did some researching on this heli, looks interesting with an auxiliary blade flybar like on top? The fuselage is made of EPP foam and you can install your own RX with your preference of TX. Reading from other forum about this heli, it needs a whole flight control upgrade, starting from the ESC, gyro and tail servo. I've never seen a 4ch heli with a tail servo...? Once you get these upgraded, it is a decent flyer. I've seen flight videos of this heli and it flies pretty nice. Which TX are you using with your Funcopter? Here's where I got the info:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=255727
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by EMILIO 56
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Jan 2015
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
I've did some researching on this heli, looks interesting with an auxiliary blade flybar like on top? The fuselage is made of EPP foam and you can install your own RX with your preference of TX. Reading from other forum about this heli, it needs a whole flight control upgrade, starting from the ESC, gyro and tail servo. I've never seen a 4ch heli with a tail servo...? Once you get these upgraded, it is a decent flyer. I've seen flight videos of this heli and it flies pretty nice. Which TX are you using with your Funcopter? Here's where I got the info:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=255727
Walkera has two helicopter 4 channel fixed pitch and tail servo, UFLY and 22D
http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...uct_Code=HM22D
http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-uflys-rtf.html
EMILIO 56 is offline Find More Posts by EMILIO 56
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:54 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMILIO 56 View Post
Walkera has two helicopter 4 channel fixed pitch and tail servo, UFLY and 22D
http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...uct_Code=HM22D
http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-uflys-rtf.html
I knew about the Ufly heli, it's a nice simple heli but the tail tube gear breaks and needs replacing like every 5-10 flights. Huge design flaw on that part.
The 22D looks decent but both of these heli's have flybars, the thing of the past. Flybarless is so much better, we will soon see how well the CC3D will perform.