Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derusha View Post
Hi,

I have orders for three new models from a molding process half way through. Perhaps the last sailboat they will ever own. The model is a 54" r/c detailed Pearson ensign. Very grateful to produce a model that will help re-live memories of a boat they know/knew well.

5 new models planned for 2013......each hopefully will provide the same opportunity.

DD
Dean
I think I have seen pictures of the boat you are working on. Should be something to get excited about! My concern for me at least is the size. 1 meter boats are a lot to transport for many of us, and a 54" boat will present an even greater challenge. What will the draft be on the boat? Storage could be an issue at some point. I can make a place for a boat such as yours if it is the one we chatted about last month.

You may recall when we last talked, we had moved inland to Temecula and deep water sailing is not as accessible as it was when living in Orange County. Thus my question on how much water depth the boat will require.

How about posting a few pictures so others can get a look at your work! I don't know how many here know of your work, so a few pictures might generate some interest for you.

I am of course interested and would like to have more information. As you know I like the Sprinta, but if the boat you are building is the one I have seen photos of, I certainly would be leaning toward your boat over the Sprinta. Shipping it would have to be less than getting a Sprinta from Germany!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures and learning more about this and the other boats. What is your target for production?

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:19 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Hi Rick, www.modelyachtworld.org. was changed from .com because of it's intention. A site facilitating scaled yachts of full size boats from all over the wor
ld. Links will have supportive features towards that end. Launch date for miniature Harken soon.

Please see weekly updates for progress on photobucket.com/modelyachtworld

I will help directly if someone needs parts as we all ramp up for construction season.

All the best,

Dean Derusha

Dean
I am not able to access the web address you provided?? www.modelyachtworld.org.

How close are you to getting that site up?
Boomer/Rick
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
132 Posts
update

Hi,

Www.photobucket.com/modelyachtworld. Please see the various albums..
....I think now over 2,000. Pictures. Today was furling with sailtrack
DD
Derusha is offline Find More Posts by Derusha
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:01 PM
Paso Robles
Joined Jan 2004
58 Posts
Definitely building is part most skip nowdays n when something breaksdown most folks don't have a clue how to fix .. just throw money at it.
cripskillz is offline Find More Posts by cripskillz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Aug 2009
132 Posts
Colgate 26 order today

A new order for a 39" ready to sail model. I will post pic. When done. DD
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Quote:
A new order for a 39" ready to sail model. I will post pic. When done. DD
Dean
There are so many pictures?? Like to see the new boats your are talking about.
Thanks
Boomer
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Aug 2009
132 Posts
Ultimate 24 ready for trials

Hi, Please see on photobucket.com/modelyachtworld. Thank you,DD