HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:20 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
Maybe I should have continued development on my mod to convert the stock gyro over to and e-gyro. I got as far as proving out the concept with a 3D printed motor that slipped onto the gyro clutch in place of the center gear.

Worked about the same as the part that Atomik ended up coming out with except I was going to pin the rotor to the axle instead of to the brake...
Hey Dave, You should design an E-gyro for the DuraTrax 450 and sketch out the plans and specs for what motors and ESC"s and such to use. I know I'd pay for the plans If ya mde them available. The Euro guy sells the kits, but they are very pricey by the time you ship here to the U.S.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:52 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Yup, I just called Jason and he said about 4 weeks......Hello.....New Year calling! 2013 said "What's the Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just ordered the ARR bike and I'll wait for the e-gyro kit for the Venom bike and maybe I'll sell the Venom with the new Gyro.....You might have called it Johnny Mac!!! lol
Almost thought you said you were buying an AR racing bike instead of the almost RTR version of mm450, not that an AR bike would be a bad thing of course! Ive considered the artr version too, but I would be losing money because I would have to sell the vmx and have no radio.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:58 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Almost thought you said you were buying an AR racing bike instead of the almost RTR version of mm450, not that an AR bike would be a bad thing of course! Ive considered the artr version too, but I would be losing money because I would have to sell the vmx and have no radio.
Sorry 'bout the confusion, yes I ordered the ARTR bike, lol. That "AR bike" is too beautiful to look at to run in the mud lol.
Here's what ya do about buying the artr MM. Your VMX radio has "multi model memory" built into it, so when you order the MM, just buy an extra receiver to run in the ARTR bike, then set up one bike for SuperMoto and the new one for MX, problem solved!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:30 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
OK....who would like to talk RC DIRT BIKES on our VIDEO CHAT SHOW with Google+ Hangout Session?????? I am interested in getting a good person who is actively involved in "whats new and hot" in RC Dirtbikes!!!! Please get with me if you would like to participate in our VIDEO chat (that will be aired LIVE and also recorded for later viewing)

C'mon, lets have some fun and let others have the chance to know our passion of RC BIKES!!!! Here is the link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736440
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Quote:
Sorry 'bout the confusion, yes I ordered the ARTR bike, lol. That "AR bike" is too beautiful to look at to run in the mud lol.
Here's what ya do about buying the artr MM. Your VMX radio has "multi model memory" built into it, so when you order the MM, just buy an extra receiver to run in the ARTR bike, then set up one bike for SuperMoto and the new one for MX, problem solved!
lol, glad to hear you have the opportunity to take the plunge and get the newer bike. I want to see some videos of you on a dirt track or some enduro action finally! I have 2 radios, 1 venom, 1 flysky for 3 rc - vmx, dx, sc10. I actually already have the spare rx purchased for install in one of bikes so I can do just what you suggested. I just cant drop the $ on another bike without selling off other stuff. Its just cheaper to wait and buy the kit.

@Kev - I might be willing to try it out, depending on time of day.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:22 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
@johnnymc pm me your phone number please.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:21 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
wot into tree, broke plastic servo arm, replaced with alum. lost round rubber cover need to replace, so much fun
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
wot into tree, broke plastic servo arm, replaced with alum. lost round rubber cover need to replace, so much fun
The MM cover is harder rubber which stays in place better or Alleven has trick alloy ones.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
where can i find the wheelie bar for my bike, i seen it on here before but cant seem to find it.

also Im guessing we have no clue when the the E-Gyro will be out huh?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:25 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,563 Posts
Anyone aware of a list/table of each of the VMX -> MM upgrades (gyro, motor, pinion, etc.) and cost for a complete upgrade? Trying to sort out the difference in cost between upgrading and the ARTR price.
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Last edited by marksp; Oct 08, 2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Typo
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Hello Yankee doodle dandy's,
As some of you may of realised I fly off the handle a little bit. As a bit of a screw you to Atomik I have been doing some searching on the net for e-gyro stuff. Good news is I found all the parts for the e-gyro in two online stores at comperable prices. The bad news is (for all of us outside the US) one of the two only ships within the US. Every where else i have looked the price is blown apart by high retail costs. I have listed a table below. I know this is not as cheap as the advertised Atomik price but i think its worth an extra 30 - 50 bucks to get it before xmas or the new year. I know if i could get it for under $200 it might be worth it.

Part Price Shop
Stator $28.95 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Axel $3.89 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Brake Ca $3.49 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
ESC $51.99 RC hobby explosion
Wiring $5.49 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Spacer $1.79 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Fly wheel $59.95 RC hobby explosion
Washer $1.29 RC hobby explosion

Total $156.84 (Not inc postage.)

Let me know your thoughts

Links below
http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Veno...arts_s/547.htm
http://stores.ebay.com/GO-NITRO-HOBB...p2047675.l2563
Osavage1 is offline Find More Posts by Osavage1
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osavage1 View Post
Hello Yankee doodle dandy's,
As some of you may of realised I fly off the handle a little bit. As a bit of a screw you to Atomik I have been doing some searching on the net for e-gyro stuff. Good news is I found all the parts for the e-gyro in two online stores at comperable prices. The bad news is (for all of us outside the US) one of the two only ships within the US. Every where else i have looked the price is blown apart by high retail costs. I have listed a table below. I know this is not as cheap as the advertised Atomik price but i think its worth an extra 30 - 50 bucks to get it before xmas or the new year. I know if i could get it for under $200 it might be worth it.

Part Price Shop
Stator $28.95 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Axel $3.89 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Brake Ca $3.49 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
ESC $51.99 RC hobby explosion
Wiring $5.49 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Spacer $1.79 Go nitro hobbies (ebay)
Fly wheel $59.95 RC hobby explosion
Washer $1.29 RC hobby explosion

Total $156.84 (Not inc postage.)

Let me know your thoughts

Links below
http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Veno...arts_s/547.htm
http://stores.ebay.com/GO-NITRO-HOBB...p2047675.l2563
Why not.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
OSavage, you've had the bike a month so not sure why you fly off the handle so quick lol. Now that gonitrohobbies is buying up bulk of mm450 parts, looks like pricing went down for these so I'll look into it this option again, thanks. Btw, you missed a couple things which will add another $20 Im guessing:
- mm rear wheel
- 3 bearings (large 12x21x5 size, I think)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:19 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
The MM cover is harder rubber which stays in place better or Alleven has trick alloy ones.
ended up using a trick coca cola 2liter cap fits perfect, sharpied black
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,398 Posts
Quote:
Hey Dave, You should design an E-gyro for the DuraTrax 450 and sketch out the plans and specs for what motors and ESC"s and such to use. I know I'd pay for the plans If ya mde them available. The Euro guy sells the kits, but they are very pricey by the time you ship here to the U.S.
Dave, the DuraTrax 450 doesn't have quite as much room in the rear wheel as the Atomik bike so I don't think the motor could fit on the side of the flywheel like I designed for the VMX. I would take another look at it - except that unfortunately I just sold my DuraTrax bike on Ebay a few weeks ago...
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin