HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2007, 05:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
225 Posts
Discussion
Strange BCX2 Problem...

I charge my battery and insert it into the heli (do not plug it in), turn on the transmitter (+6.1V) and let it go solid red, plug in the battery in the heli and everything is fine regarding binding. I am trimming the heli so I power up and find out which way the heli wants to turn on it's own, power down and unplug battery and turn off transmitter. Adjust motor pot accordingly, turn on transmitter and plug in heli and IT WILL NEVER bind again..the 4 in 1 just blinks red to green...what is it? It is like even if I just run the battery for 20 seconds, I have to remove it and completely recharge it again? Anyone please???? I even put new batteries in the transmitter and I am getting 6.8V now and no difference....as soon as I unplug, adjust motor pot and turn transmitter back on and plug back in, all I get is a blinking red/green light and the only thing that stops it is a complete battery recharge - which takes a couple hours minimum....remembering why I avoid 'rc hobbies' is coming back real quick....
mcf34 is offline Find More Posts by mcf34
Last edited by mcf34; Jan 03, 2007 at 05:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2007, 06:38 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
Hi

The transmitter trim for the tail is UNDER the left stick.

You do not have to disconnect the battery to adjust the transmitter trim for the tail. Power up the heli, if the nose goes in one direction, adjust the trim in the other until the nose holds steady.

The 4-in-1 inside the heli has a gyro gain adjustment and a separate rotor proportionality adjustment. A very small screwdriver is needed for these. The factory settings are good enough for most people to fly the heli right out of the box. The fabulous manual has a good explanation.

The 4-in-1 will not arm unless the left stick and the trim slider to its immediate right right are both in the absolute farthest DOWN position. They must be held in this position until the 4-in-1 blinks Five Times, then it will arm.
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
Old Jan 03, 2007, 07:21 PM
Joined Oct 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter
The transmitter trim for the tail is UNDER the left stick.

You do not have to disconnect the battery to adjust the transmitter trim for the tail. Power up the heli, if the nose goes in one direction, adjust the trim in the other until the nose holds steady.

The 4-in-1 inside the heli has a gyro gain adjustment and a separate rotor proportionality adjustment. A very small screwdriver is needed for these. The factory settings are good enough for most people to fly the heli right out of the box. The fabulous manual has a good explanation.

The 4-in-1 will not arm unless the left stick and the trim slider to its immediate right right are both in the absolute farthest DOWN position. They must be held in this position until the 4-in-1 blinks Five Times, then it will arm.
Thanks. I am not adjusting the transmitter trim, I am adjusting the motor pot which does require power done for adjustments to take affect. If I do not adjust the motor pot, the transmitter trim is simply not enough. It appears that it is the power wire that goes into the 4 in 1 is bad and if I wiggle it, it locks on....I have read the manual a couple of times. I have acutally already drilled the very small 'vent' holes in the canopy that allow adjustment of the gain and pot without having to take the canopy off. I have also made sure the LEFT stick and trim are all the way down as described in the fabulous manual....
Old Jan 03, 2007, 10:01 PM
Joined Oct 2006
225 Posts
It looks like I fixed it...

The 4 in 1 was not sticking very good to the two faced tape so I zip tied it down..I also zip tied the power wire to the 4 in 1 to the two motor wires to prevent the wire moving at the 4 in 1 when plugging in and unplugging the battery....seems to be working perfectly now..hovered in my dining room and over my dining room table for full pack..wife my 'nervous'....already flying nose in and pirouttes, etc. etc.....Honeybee FP in about a month I bet...now I remember why I like 'rc hobbies' so much....
Old Jan 03, 2007, 11:02 PM
Michigan
Joined Apr 2001
534 Posts
Its not clear to me what you are saying is happening, but if your battery becomes discharged in 20 seconds you either have a serious short circuit (maybe of the battery wires) or a defective (damaged by overdischarge?) battery. I have found that it is very easy to accidentally fly the CX2 to the point that it overdischarges the battery.
Rob Hair is offline Find More Posts by Rob Hair