HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2014, 08:36 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,314 Posts
New Product
Banana Hobby / Blitz RC Works 50mm Viper Jet Build Thread

This is a build thread on the New Banana Hobby Blitz RC Works 50mm Viper Jet. The purpose of this thread is to provide helpful assembly tips, overview of parts and quality of this product.

This is the ARF version. This 50mm Viper Jet is available from Banana Hobby and found via this link:

http://www.bananahobby.com/3-ch-blit...f-jet-rtf.html

Features:
•3 Channel Full Function Radio Controlled (Aileron, Elevator &Throttle)
•BS2X 2 Axis Gyro Stabilization
•Detachable Nose
•Detachable Motor Hatch Secured with Rare Earth Magnets
•Pushrod Fairings
•Reinforced Winglets
•Winglets Provides Steady Flight Characteristics
•Factory Applied Decals
•EPO Foam

I have one flight on the Viper Jet using the 3S 25C 850 mAh battery and gyro not used....didn't need it. One ounce of weight was added to achieve CG but a 1000mAh battery would be the better option. Super stable flyer! I used 50% expo in the ailerons and elevator and it flew like a larger jet...even in a 10 mph crosswind. Inverted flight was rock solid with no bad tendencies.

This is a great flyer and a nice addition to the 50mm jet series.

Special thanks to Banana Hobby for providing this sample for review.

All the best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Feb 04, 2014 at 10:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:05 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
1,877 Posts
Very nice build, Tony. This is one sweet looking plane! I will have to pick one up....sweeet
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:02 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,314 Posts
Cool...thanks G-LO! .

It's definitely one of the best 50mm jets in the Sky Angel / Blitz RC Works series.

Have fun,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2014, 12:52 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
708 Posts
I have looked and as of yet, your review is the only one on the Mini Viper. Having just returned from Toledo, I was able to leave with the only plane of this I seen at the show and Andrew Kondor was not wanting to take it back with him. I promised I would review mine and take videos of flying it at the Jet jam coming shortly at Muncie but this before I found your postings. I would like to ask if you would not mind me being able to add to your review so as to kind of keep the info centralized for others.
I will use Glacier 3s 1300/30c packs for this and look forward to some quick and easy, throw in the car type flying from this.
FYI from Andrew, he did say he has requested for the MiniV to also come in the same scheme as the 90mm version, he favors the red one and he does like the Vipers!
The one he had at Toledo came as the ARF and he assembled the main airframe but no further. I will finish it out with the servo horns and rest of the hardware.
Here is a pic taken by someone else of it on the display rack.
sam51401 is offline Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Apr 08, 2014, 09:54 AM
naozcongmin
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Highly Offensive Content (Immediate suspension). It is temporarily hidden while naozcongmin edits it.
Old Apr 09, 2014, 08:47 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401 View Post
I have looked and as of yet, your review is the only one on the Mini Viper. Having just returned from Toledo, I was able to leave with the only plane of this I seen at the show and Andrew Kondor was not wanting to take it back with him. I promised I would review mine and take videos of flying it at the Jet jam coming shortly at Muncie but this before I found your postings. I would like to ask if you would not mind me being able to add to your review so as to kind of keep the info centralized for others.
I will use Glacier 3s 1300/30c packs for this and look forward to some quick and easy, throw in the car type flying from this.
FYI from Andrew, he did say he has requested for the MiniV to also come in the same scheme as the 90mm version, he favors the red one and he does like the Vipers!
The one he had at Toledo came as the ARF and he assembled the main airframe but no further. I will finish it out with the servo horns and rest of the hardware.
Here is a pic taken by someone else of it on the display rack.
Have fun Sam!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2014, 08:58 PM
Fly more Foam
Joined Jun 2004
708 Posts
So just a few questions.......
1 Did you have issues with the decals coming loose and off? Clear coat with anything?
2 Is the posted CG in the manual correct in that it is at the LE of the wing root?????

Be a little bit before I finish it out since my main project is the A10 finish applied before the Jet Jam in Muncie. Thanks for the opportunity to post in your thread.
Sam
Old Apr 16, 2014, 02:29 PM
RAVI KOTHARI
Bombay,India
Joined Nov 2005
255 Posts
The CG on the viper is nowhere close to the Manual,
The Plane flies beautifully at 1.25"- 1.5" from the leading edge where the wing meets the fuselage. Mine is currently stock & balances perfectly with just a 3S 850 mah Nano 45C. Beautiful plane, flies better than anything else i own.

Just got completely put off by that screeching fan, just sounds awful, so just ordered the 10 Bladed Dr MAD thrust 4S version & a 4s 1800 25C compact Lipo. Will file flight report post conversion soon.
ravikoth is offline Find More Posts by ravikoth
Old Apr 18, 2014, 07:28 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,344 Posts
Subscribed. Glad I found this thread. Not much talk about the Viper over on the 50mm Skyangel thread . Mine arrives today. Have experience with the F-16, T-45, T-33, F-18, Katana and Screamer. The only disappoint was the Katana. I converted that one to a pusher prop. Also have a squadron of 64 and 70mm's.

I ordered the kit version from BH as I have components I can recycle. Going with a 4S setup using the CS-11 fan. Love the "swoosh" sound. I also like that it has a rudder too. Did I hear knife edge ? Plus, let's face it. It looks cool !

Appreciate the nice build shots. Always helpful to learn from those who have been there. Seems like every one of these JPower models has its own set of quirks. Anything to be on the lookout for concerning the Viper?

Cheers,

Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:00 AM
Fly more Foam
Joined Jun 2004
708 Posts
Mine came rudderless! Not to say that one can be added but I believe it comes as a three channel.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,344 Posts
Dang, I thought I read somewhere it had a rudder. That's fine. I'm good with Bank and Yank. will still be a good addition. I do like the 64mm Stinger for that reason.
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Apr 18, 2014, 04:56 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
1,877 Posts
I noticed that it has a hinge on the vertical stabilizer anyways...
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO