HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:38 AM
Joined Feb 2014
21 Posts
My first attempt to mod the H107D was not succesfull.

Concept:
I had the idea that more / bigger blades on the H107D would result in more trust, a bigger lift capacity and hopefully longer flight times.

Before ordering different blade sets I decided to modify some old blade sets. Just to test if the idea I had was any good.

Result:
The H107D motors and battery are to weak to power more / bigger blades. Adding blades resulted in more blade drag, thereby lowering there speed and the total amount of trust (the quad lost 10 grams of trust). Plus the energy consumption increased so much that a fully charged LiPo would drop in voltage at full throttle and the low-power leds start to blink, within seconds.

Below are the pictures of the end result, pure for entertainment!
Sjors Boomschors is offline Find More Posts by Sjors Boomschors
Last edited by Sjors Boomschors; Apr 17, 2014 at 07:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
Thank you for your response Jim. I did my research as you mentioned. Unfortunately, I do not have access to tools or a small enough Phillip-head screw to take it apart. I will have to contact the seller and request an RMA. On the up side, I was able to get a full 7 min 20 sec flight time without the fpv display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi A,
Thanks for your service!
The ribbon cable between the pcbs might have gotten damaged in the crash, or possibly from inserting the lipo. You will have to take it apart to check it. Unfortunately some versions do not have a connecter on the cable and the ribbon calbe is soldered directly to the pcb, so it is harder to replace. You can get it working by some careful soldering as some have been able to do in this thread. Use the search this thread attachments tool to find those photos and posts. Of course you could contact your Vender and get a replacement too.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
AirborneDC5 is offline Find More Posts by AirborneDC5
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:49 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON
Joined Jan 2009
3,239 Posts
Question : Does anybody see a difference between manual and stabilized modes?
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:52 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
Question : Does anybody see a difference between manual and stabilized modes?
My understanding is that is for future model support, and that the H107D does not use that function.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:15 AM
Mark
United Kingdom, England, Moreton-in-Marsh
Joined Oct 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjors Boomschors View Post
My first attempt to mod the H107D was not succesfull.

Concept:
I had the idea that more / bigger blades on the H107D would result in more trust, a bigger lift capacity and hopefully longer flight times.
Hi Sjors,

4 blade props are much more inefficient than 2 blade & you have probably drastically reduced the life of your motors.

I haven't experimented with 1 s motors as my test rig is built for bigger motors.I might make a lighter one, but most of the information has been compiled in this thread here .

The earlier 107L had smaller motors yet drove the same size props, so I would imagine there is a little wiggle room, say a 15 - 25% increase if you can find the props.

Mark.
mlp666 is online now Find More Posts by mlp666
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:01 AM
Joined Feb 2014
21 Posts
@mlp666:
Thanks for the link, thats exacly the type of technical information I was looking for, I will look into it.
Sjors Boomschors is offline Find More Posts by Sjors Boomschors
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:07 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2013
32 Posts
Hello all I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Hubsan X4 to work with a 9XR? If so can someone please point me to the guide if it exist?
Fbrand619 is offline Find More Posts by Fbrand619
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
64 Posts
Today i have tried to record some of my flights..... But the RX stops recording when there is noise in the picture for 2seconds...LOL
Is this normal ?
How can i make a firmware update, maybe this solves this bug ?

Or any other solution ???

Greets
schmiernippel is online now Find More Posts by schmiernippel
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiernippel View Post
Today i have tried to record some of my flights..... But the RX stops recording when there is noise in the picture for 2seconds...LOL
Is this normal ?
How can i make a firmware update, maybe this solves this bug ?

Or any other solution ???

Greets
Is your micro SD card class 4 ?
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Today, 03:59 AM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
64 Posts
Yes, I use a class4 8GB Kingston card !

Today i have tested indoors, but the same. When there is only noise for 2sec it stops recording but the "rec" keeps on blinking. And it dont start recording when the picture is clear !?

When this is not normal, should i try an other card ?

Greets
Old Today, 07:04 AM
Joined Mar 2014
4 Posts
It might be the card, just try another one. I have a microSD which had sudden slowdowns and only reformatting it with a SD tool helped.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Ysanne is online now Find More Posts by Ysanne
Old Today, 07:24 AM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
64 Posts
Thanks !
I will try this tool !
When its not working i will try a faster and smaller card, class10/4gb or something !

Greets