HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2007
978 Posts
Discussion
Apache Super Chipmunk

I've had the thing kicking around for a year, or two ... couldn't be bothered to fly it, 'cos I've lost interest in powerful, snorty models.

Considered selling it, but what do you get for airframes, nowadays?

So, I decided to fly it; after all, I put in loads of work during the build.

Off to the field, today. Fired up the Saito 1.80 and off we went. Wasn't expecting to enjoy the process, since the model is a bit heavy ... loads of ply in the build. But, I was very pleasantly surprised.

I have here, a very pleasing model, which feels super-smooth ... but with impeccable low-speed manners. And, the Saito sounds delicious. I expect that I'll keep it, after all.... which is a bit of a problem, 'cos I'm supposed to be thinning them out.
bogbeagle is online now Find More Posts by bogbeagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:51 AM
Canada, AB, Okotoks
Joined Apr 2007
1,199 Posts
Congrats on the flight, any pictures of your bird?
thedeuce is offline Find More Posts by thedeuce
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Mar 2007
978 Posts
Thanks.

No, I didn't take photos at the time. Superstitious.

I'll sort something, next time I fly it. I'm flying it without its cowl, at the moment ... and I expect to do so for a little longer, until I'm very confident that the engine department is all tickety-boo.
bogbeagle is online now Find More Posts by bogbeagle