HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:53 AM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy View Post
I sent HURC a link to this thread. I think they will enjoy it.
I thought about doing the same thing. I'm sure they will like to read all the good things we had to say.
DropTank is online now Find More Posts by DropTank
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:26 AM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
This is a real headsup lovefest. I have had a 6 or 7 dealings with them that have all been good. The last one not so good. Now let me preface this with I could be wrong totally and I apologize in advance if I am. I purchased a motor from them and coupled it with one of their esc. I actually posted a thread about low power output and why I could be happening. There were many answers to what could be possibly wrong. The motor was setup on a watt meter and tested. I changed out the esc. There was no change. When the motor was changed with a different motor of the same specs the power jump was huge. The conclusion was it was the motor. Whether the kv listed was wrong or someone here had said maybe when it was wound they miscounted the windings. Either way I was not happy with the motor and sent it back. I then spoke to jesse who informed me they would test it and let me know ? Let me know what ? I'm not happy with the product, its not performing up to the levels promised, Im a many time repeat customer. Simple. Send me another motor, then test the one I sent you back, which by the way was about $6 in postage. He said he would get back to me in a day or so. Four days later I called due to no one getting back to me. I spoke to Ray who said he would test it and call me back sometime later that day. That day turned into another 4-5 days of hearing nothing. I called back again. They had tested it and noticed I changed the connectors from 4mm to 3.5mm. I was told they cut them off and put alligator clips on and tested it and it was fine so they were sending me 4 mm connectors to solder back on and it will be fine ??? Aside from the time taken for them to come to this conclusion does this make sense. If so and I'm wrong then again I apologize to headsup rc. Is it possible that a 1/2 mm smaller connector can make you lose about 500 watts ?
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:25 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Is it possible that a 1/2 mm smaller connector can make you lose about 500 watts ?
Could have been a colder solder joint or a defective connector. I had a motor that ran great for years. Started to run erratic and hot. Traced it to a cold solder joint. Don't know how it could have "just turned" into a cold solder joint, but found it by the wiggle test, and hit the joint with a hot soldering iron. Motor runs great once again.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Miller View Post
Thought his name was Jeff.
I think Jesse does the tech stuff and Jeff does the store.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Jan 2006
192 Posts
You don't mention a time frame for this incident, but I do know they moved their store in the last 6 months to a bigger location. I'll leave it to them to give you an explanation.
As for me I;m a happy camper with HURC..
touche is offline Find More Posts by touche
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:06 PM
Gilbert AZ
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTank View Post
I thought about doing the same thing. I'm sure they will like to read all the good things we had to say.
They did send me a thank you letter showing them the thread.
azflyingguy is offline Find More Posts by azflyingguy
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8r2 View Post
Could have been a colder solder joint or a defective connector. I had a motor that ran great for years. Started to run erratic and hot. Traced it to a cold solder joint. Don't know how it could have "just turned" into a cold solder joint, but found it by the wiggle test, and hit the joint with a hot soldering iron. Motor runs great once again.
Yes i agree loose(bad) joint happened to me also
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Smells like SCIENCE!!!
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2012
327 Posts
HURC has great customer service! I placed my first order with them a couple of months ago, and I was very happy with the quality of the stuff I bought and the speed of shipping. I did have a bunch of noob-type questions about how to get a twin motor setup going, but Jeff replied a few hours later with very clear explanations that immediately solved my self-induced problems.

Their prices are competitive, their product selection is large, and their customer service is great... what more could you ask for? I placed my second order with them today, and I know it won't be my last!
ibillwilson is offline Find More Posts by ibillwilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, MI, Middleville
Joined Mar 2012
86 Posts
i also ordered from hurc. recieved two power up 46 electrics for my planes seem to be of good quality and shipping was great, ordered on sunday got on wednesday. A+++++
pwg212 is offline Find More Posts by pwg212
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,502 Posts
I would have commented earlier, but was caught up at work all week.

I'm a huge supporter of HeadsupRC!
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,116 Posts
A+++ Headsup RC.....
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEG 60 inch P-39 Repaint
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,075 Posts
Yep they take care of the customer. AAA company
mcnowhere is online now Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,263 Posts
Jeff is a super star i have spent lots there...good stuff..I ONLY wish I could get a few mor of their discontinued Bm2409-18 motors....it is my favorite one they had..

3 thumbs up
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:21 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
603 Posts
I will definitely brag on headsuprc.com!!! They are absolutely awesome!! I've had questions about what works well with what and with certain planes and they have always been more then helpful. The motor I have in my T28 just came from them along with several other odds and ends. Their prices are usually cheaper or the same as others, but with the LOW cost FAST shipping and awesome customer service one can't complain. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The Emax motor and HURC ESC I just purchased is of the highest quality and runs like a champ. I will continue to buy from them every chance I get. Just my .02.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Batteries!!!

Hey guy's, y'all know I love HURC, but this morning I did go to Hobbypartz to look for a 3S/2200/35C lipo and didn't find one and if I only ordered 1 I would have had to pay shipping that takes maybe a week! So I go to HURC where I have bought their EZFlite lipo's for a while at a bargain and they work great, plus they guaranty them. I just ordered a new 3S/2200/50C EZFlite lipo that is a new one for them to offer, and it will charge @ 2C, I don't, but it will, for $19.95, $21.95 shipped in 3 days. I will have my new lipo Wed.!!!!! HURRY Dave.........BTW, they come with Deans plugs
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee