HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:53 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhand2 View Post
Maybe I'm not getting what you are saying. Those motor mounts are for 12mm arms. The arms on the frame are 14mm...? I don't think they would be wide enough to allow the screws to even clear the sides of the arms.
I went with these. Work great
http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=117
cruiser73 is online now Find More Posts by cruiser73
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:54 AM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
578 Posts
New motor mounts.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

It may be easier to make new arms from 12mm square tube and add 2mm shims on the top of the arms where they are held by the frame plates. That way you could use the motor plates you linked and still maintain the gap between the plates where the esc's are mounted.

12mm sq tube is much more common than the 14mm sq tube, or you could even go a bit steam punk with wooden arms

Also cruiser linked to the set I was thinking of originally, though I now reckon the mounts you linked are better in that there is no cantilever forces on the plates, but many folk are using the alloy ones without any issues.
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Last edited by jhkiom; Mar 17, 2014 at 04:57 AM. Reason: More info
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:30 AM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
Hey moriwaky,

Nice to see you back round this place again, it's been a while.

Great video, like your miniatures effect was that done in post process?

Couldn't make out from the video but were you flying with your Taranis, I'm using mine all the time now and have given my dx8 to my son. Isn't OpenTx v2 out today?

Cheers

John.

Hi John. The tiltshift effect It was done on post process with the magic looks pluging for adobe premiere. I recomend you if you want more fotage about my last video to check my vimeo channel you can find the making off and the description to make the stabilized shot from behind the spidex. I flew with my taranis itīs from the very first bach that alofthobies sold I am so happy with this radio.

Adios!!
moriwaky is online now Find More Posts by moriwaky
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
5 Posts
Has anyone already buit the spidex pro?
rekost is offline Find More Posts by rekost
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:42 PM
United States, PA, Bedford
Joined Feb 2013
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser73 View Post
looks like it may be a good solution.
djhand2 is offline Find More Posts by djhand2
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:43 PM
United States, PA, Bedford
Joined Feb 2013
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear.

It may be easier to make new arms from 12mm square tube and add 2mm shims on the top of the arms where they are held by the frame plates. That way you could use the motor plates you linked and still maintain the gap between the plates where the esc's are mounted.

12mm sq tube is much more common than the 14mm sq tube, or you could even go a bit steam punk with wooden arms

Also cruiser linked to the set I was thinking of originally, though I now reckon the mounts you linked are better in that there is no cantilever forces on the plates, but many folk are using the alloy ones without any issues.
Ahhh....I see what you are saying now. I was a little confused at first.
djhand2 is offline Find More Posts by djhand2
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:07 PM
mike76
TAHITI
Joined May 2008
83 Posts
hi,
here a new vid with spidex v3
FPV Spidex V3 Tuna boat fails on the reef (4 min 11 sec)
mike76 is offline Find More Posts by mike76
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:39 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
142 Posts
I'm having a hell of a time balancing the Spidex gimbal. They really didn't design it to be tweaked with it seems.

Anyone got any tips on how to balance this thing? I'm about ready to buy a different gimbal that allows more adjustments as it's next to impossible to change anything about this gimbal - there's no easy way to balance pitch without adding more weight, which is poor design if you ask me.
wooden is offline Find More Posts by wooden
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:49 PM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
578 Posts
What you are describing as a flaw, has been a big positive for this gimbal, truly plug & play.

I have two of them, both worked perfectly out of the box but they were for the original Spidex Pro v2, one a v1 brushless gimbal and the other a v2 brushless gimbal, not the latest one with Perspex lens on the front.

The balance is not perfect when switched off, but holds perfectly when it's connected.

Why are you trying to balance, is there any problems when switched on?

If that's the case Quaternium, you should contact them, they have much improved support , or give us some more detail so we can help.
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:10 PM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
304 Posts
Spidex V2 with a 75 dollar FFBLG gimbal Gopro 3+

crusin (2 min 3 sec)
dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy
Old Mar 24, 2014, 02:34 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,066 Posts
pretty smooth
macinr is online now Find More Posts by macinr
Old Apr 01, 2014, 04:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
397 Posts
We shot a video here in New Zealand in December, using the Spidex V2 for lots of shots. Came out really nice:
The Road North (Kiteboarding New Zealand) (13 min 3 sec)
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Apr 02, 2014, 03:21 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,066 Posts
it did come out great - hard to tell what shots are even from the quad
macinr is online now Find More Posts by macinr