HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:26 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Got to maiden my sabre this morning. I read posts about proper hand tossing techniques and it still me took more than five tosses to get it right. It already has battle scars! And the bad part is I don't even know what I did differently the last time. But it took off with authority. And now I have to wait to try again because I only have the one lipo. Nice and speedy and will disappear in a hurry it's so small. I didn't adjust any throws because I just wanted to fly. I'll definitely have to reduce em a bit. But it was fun! Where are those nano techs?
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:59 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
886 Posts
f86 crash

wow I went to the football field this morning to show my grandson how I fly our new jet . well after bragging about how it flys with the 9x . I lost concentration
and hit a spot on the ground about 5 ft by 12 feet way out by the sideline that was concrete nose first. well the flight lasted 20seconds ,took all evening to fix it. I had all that room and no wind either,
I'll see if it flies tomorrow. they had the nerve to laugh.

tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
My experience with launching the Sabre is that you want to throw the jet firmly either horizontally or even 10-15 degrees downward at full throttle. This keeps it from getting a chance to do the Sabre Dance before you get your hands back on the sticks
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:48 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcp40 View Post
My experience with launching the Sabre is that you want to throw the jet firmly either horizontally or even 10-15 degrees downward at full throttle. This keeps it from getting a chance to do the Sabre Dance before you get your hands back on the sticks
I'll try tossing a bit firmer next session. I was going for level or slight down angle but too light of a toss.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Tech notice on the GP site about how to disable the brake:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma1770-1771-tech.pdf
DaPreacherman12 is offline Find More Posts by DaPreacherman12
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
370 Posts
Thanks thats great info, I always wanted to disable the brake function.
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:37 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcp40 View Post
I find that you just want to throw it like a dart, with just wrist movement. I throw about 10 degrees below horizon. Full throttle, but not too much force. You have to fly straight and level until it gets on step.
Jdmm72 is offline Find More Posts by Jdmm72
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
I got two flights in this morning. I have to throw the bird a little harder. I fly at an open field that's used by some other pilots but I rarely run into anybody. Today though a guy pulls up and opens his truck and proceeds to take out three nitro helis. Smallest is a 600. I was scared just looking at em and wanted to hide behind my car when he fired the 600 up to fly. Biggest heli I've been around was a 300 sized electric. So for the first time I was happy I only had two lipos and skedaddled right outta there after my second flight. Death by flying lawnmower was stuck in my head.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:05 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,149 Posts
Agreed. A local here snapped a part on his 450 elec heli that wasn't supposed to be able to snap and a blade went flying towards us. Respectfully, he does not fly his heli at the field any more.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:18 PM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,049 Posts
Still haven't had a chance to maiden mine yet... But I have gotten it all set up and linked to my DX6i. Everything seems to be working fine, but I do have a couple of comments/questions.

1. CG - with the battery all the way forward and without LG on, it balances just a few mm in front of the big panel line on the top of the fuse behind the canopy, is this more or less in the correct spot? Seems to be just a dash ahead of where it's marked in the manual. I did add a little bit of foam for a tight fit on the battery to keep it in place in flight.

2. Brake on the fan has been disabled, this seems to be a much smoother run up and down on the throttle. Are most folks running it without the brake? Why would you want it on anyway???

J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:00 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Thank you for the link!
I have a DX8 and don't want to use the Anylink
Did you ever order a different RX for your Sabre? I have the same issue as you. I had a DX6i and it worked fine, but I upgraded to the DX8 and don't want to use the Anylink and have all that extra stuff to buy and dangling on my radio.

Or if anyone else is using a different RX please tell me which one and how it works. : )
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:37 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Did you ever order a different RX for your Sabre? I have the same issue as you. I had a DX6i and it worked fine, but I upgraded to the DX8 and don't want to use the Anylink and have all that extra stuff to buy and dangling on my radio.

Or if anyone else is using a different RX please tell me which one and how it works. : )
No I have not
I should so I can fly my Sabre with my 8
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:38 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post

Nacho2059 provided a link to a hobbyking receiver in his post on this page in another GP Sabre thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...73648&page=150

I'm a dx6i/anylink user myself, so I can't comment. Good luck!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato