Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:19 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randbo39 View Post
You'll find my solution in post #8595
I bought a cap and it fits and works great...thx for info....
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
955 Posts
I say LEAVE fishycomics alone! Lets not attack people for trying to help less knowledgeable people. He is just expressing his opinion. What most of us do here on RCG. Not everyone here is a pro.. and if "YOU" are, and you know who I'm referring to.... Man up and try to help out like he is...DON'T just talk crap!!! If I'm out of line I'm sorry.....
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:09 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I say LEAVE fishycomics alone! Lets not attack people for trying to help less knowledgeable people. He is just expressing his opinion. What most of us do here on RCG. Not everyone here is a pro.. and if "YOU" are, and you know who I'm referring to.... Man up and try to help out like he is...DON'T just talk crap!!! If I'm out of line I'm sorry.....
Trying to help is not the issue nor is expressing an opinion. If you've read his posts, hardly ANYONE understands what he says because of incomplete sentences, jumbled words, missing punctuation, and innuendos! It causes more confusion most of the time and adds little value. If he would type out a reply as clearly as he speaks in his videos, there would be NO problem. But he won't, in spite of numerous requests to do so. It's become annoying, obnoxious behavior on his part (a form of "trolling" at this point, something the forum moderators can act on.) And FWIW, so is the personal attack in the latter part of your post.

None of this has any place in this thread.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Aug 2005
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
All I can say is wow. I'm not an RC'er (I'm sending mine up to near space @ 110K Ft) but this was my first post and it was fixed with the very next response.

Whoever you guys are, you are an amazing group.

Will try the new firmware today. I'm using GUI v3.0.2.3 so I'm ready to rock. Thanks again.
if you're doing that, make sure to post the video here! would love to see this tiny powerhouse of a cam make it's way to the upper atmosphere like those gopros on youtube
shauntot is offline Find More Posts by shauntot
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101airbourne View Post
Just been on an incredible adventure filming a doccumentry in Northern Australia flying a cloud formation known as The Morning Glory. I'm happy to report we we were able to utilise the 808 #16 cam for shots where larger cameras wouldn't have worked. Flying at 6000ft surfing these large roll clouds was amazing and the small keychain cams captured some fantastic footage(screen shot included)

I did have issues with broken/corrupted files on several occasions. I checked out the software in post #3 I think and it fixes the problem but seems quite exspensive. Anyone on here has another soloution for recovery of the broken files?.Thanks
I am sorry for the off topic but can you please post more from this? I am a big cloud fanatic and this is something I have always wanted to see more of. Thank you for posting this
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:40 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The function is no different than before, but it just requires holding the button down slightly longer (about 2 sec. total, until the yellow LED comes on) before the camera will stay on.

Yeah, after I did that update I thought it was broke because it would not come on like it did before. Then I held down the button a little longer and it came on. I guess it's OK the way it is now. Should help from accidentally turning it on if you have it in your pocket or something. All good.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:18 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
This is a safer way I see to protect the lens. while using other items found, plastic caps mentioned earlier on in the thread, will loosen or pry off the lens if not careful.

This has absolute no pressure on the lens housing at all. And protects the surrounding lens.

Either way you protect your lens, you must also protect the inside of the lens caps with a micro filter cloth.

And when I have something good to say I say it. If I do not have something nice to say, I keep my remarks to myself.

I need not explain my grammar, or how I type. Not everyone in the world can be updated. I show no aggression or attacking nor Tolling. I am with a Imac I am not having fun using it, If you like to send me your Windows Pc Please do as a donation.

If you take note, of a clearer picture of the ring It is by far a different and neater look, vs of other hardware parts found?

video soon to come
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 15, 2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added note and note
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:23 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
fishycomics, thanks for the picture

What type of "rubber ring" is that you are using ?
Where can i find it ?

Thanks
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
here is an example of an larger size. Same diameter fit a larger and wider protection.

video soon to come
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 15, 2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: adding note
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:34 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
fishycomics
Looks even better

What type of material are you using ?
Can something like this be bought on ebay ?
Or in a local hardware store ?

Thanks
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
149 Posts
I set my #16 to 5 sec got 1250 shots over 110 mins to low batt. Used 345 MB of 4 Gig

BD
pondside is online now Find More Posts by pondside
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Here is an example a smaller size.

Video soon to come, the Lens protection. I read the comment and will respond with the video for that information, porvided.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
if you're doing that, make sure to post the video here! would love to see this tiny powerhouse of a cam make it's way to the upper atmosphere like those gopros on youtube
count on it.

the jet stream is currently right over Ohio, so I gotta wait that out....I don't feel like driving round trip to Pittsburgh to retrieve my balloon lol.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I think if he'd just pipe his posts through google translate things would be way better for everyone (him included!). Like I said in my post, clearly he has a meaningful contribution to make, but the language barrier causes very real problems for Tom and Iso. It's fishy's responsibility to overcome that barrier, especially when google translate is a cut and paste affair. You are correct...nobody should be attacked. Expressing annoyance and frustration is != being attacked though...just my 2c, respect your opinion totally sir.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
I am buying a bigger micro SD card today. Per the nr16manual.pdif, I'm planning on getting a class 4 micro SDHC 32GB locally at MicroCenter.

besides those general guidelines, any other guidance or pitfalls to avoid?

thanks.