HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 25, 2011, 10:53 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Discussion
OPENPILOT CopterControl RCG SHARE THREAD ( NOT AFFILIATED TO OP AT ALL )

Ok since no thread exsist or an "OFFICIAL" thread and a few of us here on RCG are involved already, and there wont be any official involvement from the open source crew for RCG ( thats not to mention they wont show up etc)
I figured we can have our own thing here, ( THIS IS FOR OUR OWN FUN) but encourage you all to join the OPEN PILOT forums and contribute there. this thread is just for the avid RCG users like my self who bought the board and want to share with other RCG members.

Forum - http://forums.openpilot.org/
Wiki Dashboard - http://wiki.openpilot.org/dashboard.action
multirotorforum - http://www.multirotorforums.com/foru...penPilot-Forum
Stores - http://www.openpilot.org/get-hardware/

-
-
CopterControl Introduction (13 min 52 sec)

-
TV Episode 1
OpenPilot TV Episode 1 (15 min 9 sec)

-
TV Episode 1 ( tuning )
OpenPilot TV Episode 2: PID Tuning (36 min 51 sec)

-
CopterControl First Flight (2 min 29 sec)

-
AND OF COURSE YOUR ASKING TO SEE WARTHOX FLY IT
openpilot coptercontrol - testflight no1 (2 min 34 sec)

openpilot coptercontrol - testflight no2 funfly (3 min 9 sec)

openpilot coptercontrol - testflight no3 (2 min 29 sec)

-
Quote:
no sense to re invent the wheel so here is a repost of jims info
-- The Open Pilot uses an 32 bit STM32F103RE ARM Cortex-M3 processor at 72MHz.

-- A Bosch BMP085 pressure and temperature sensor is connected to the I2C bus.

-- Sensors and Components:

* Gyro: IDG-500 and ISZ-500 for 500 deg/s in 3-axis
* Accel: ADXL345
* Flash: 4 megabits

CopterControl Hardware Manual:
http://newwiki.openpilot.org/display...ardware+Manual

OpenPilot Hardware User Manual:
http://newwiki.openpilot.org/display...ard+User+Guide

Main Board User Guide:
http://newwiki.openpilot.org/display...re+User+Manual
-
Included when purchasing this item:

* CopterControl multi-purpose board
* RC receiver cable harness

CopterControl from the OpenPilot project introduces a new generation of multi-purpose aircraft stabilization platforms. The CopterControl platform has been designed from the ground up to perform the following functions:

* Stabilize and self-level a variety of MultiRotor aircraft including TriCopters, QuadCopters and HexaCopters.
* A flybarless heli controller with advanced auto-levelling features
* A full fixed-wing UAV controller.

Hardware Features

The CopterControl hardware has the following features:

* Powerful STM32 32-bit microcontroller running at 90MIPs with 128KB Flash and 20KB RAM
* 3-axis high-performance MEMs gyros and 3-axis high-performance MEMs accelerometer
* Tiny 36mmx36mm 4 layer PCB for superior electrical noise reduction and flight performance.
* Software support for Windows, Mac and Linux
* Direct high speed USB support with no drivers required, a truly plug and play device.
* Spektrum satellite receivers
* Futaba S-BUS hardware
* Innovative Flexi-port technology for superior port flexibility
* 4Mbits on-board EEPROM for configuration storage

Flexiport

CopterControl also offers the innovative Flexi-port which provides either I2C connectivity or a second serial port. Flexi-port gives CopterControl the flexibility to use either I2C and a single serial port or dual serial ports, according to your connectivity needs.

Superior user experience

We have tried to make your experience with OpenPilot as easy and trouble-free as possible. Naturally for a high-end product, the hardware is complete; there is nothing to solder. The included RC harness allows you to connect any standard PWM receiver. All CopterControl boards are tested before shipping and come with bootloader already flashed. A standard mini-USB cable is used to load the latest firmware and configure everything for your unique airframe.

The OpenPilot project, whist still young, it trying to make Open Source much more user friendly. OpenPilot software is designed to be used by everybody! All major operating systems are supported and install packages are provided. The software is all Free software under the GPLv3 license and not only are you welcome to hack it, but we encourage it!

Everything you need

You won't need to buy add-on boards or extra chip programmers. While it may be common practice among other projects to nickel and dime for extra parts or sell unfinished hardware to make a profit, the OpenPilot project simply believes in providing superior hardware at the lowest possible cost.

Don't be fooled the by the price. CopterControl provides comparable functionality to other high-end autopilots at a small fraction of the cost. Commercial projects will charge what they can get away with, regardless of quality or features. The non-profit OpenPilot project is different. Consider getting involved and helping us progress.

-
-
-
-
-
-
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Dec 10, 2011 at 01:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2009
660 Posts
a beautiful part

there is a lack of sellers for Germany

I hope it finds wide iterested

where in action ?
JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
Old May 25, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,815 Posts
Nice Ken,
I hope to see more with Camera Mount Controls too.
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old May 25, 2011, 12:38 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
4,997 Posts
Subscribed!!!,I have a board coming should have it by friday. after doing some reading on there site. it looks very promising.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old May 25, 2011, 12:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Subscribed!!!,I have a board coming should have it by friday. after doing some reading on there site. it looks very promising.
great, so all of us RCF users can share in the help!
Old May 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
4,997 Posts
sounds good. It is all about getting people involved, and keeping us fliers in the air.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old May 25, 2011, 12:57 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,592 Posts
Open source makes everything better
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old May 25, 2011, 01:23 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
4,981 Posts
Oh my lord, is it finally out?
If this is the final board and will be the building block for a multicopter with GPS and telemetry options, I'm buying at least 3 today. Help me out here Ken.
http://flaps.chebuzz.com/autopilots/...ercontrol.html
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old May 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
If this is the final board and will be the building block for a multicopter with GPS and telemetry options, I'm buying at least 3 today. Help me out here Ken.
no not final board but a good base board to get started, the final board will be a separate entity
Old May 25, 2011, 01:28 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
There is no GPS options. They have also said publicly that they do not have time to worry about GPS now. Maybe in the future or on another board.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
4,981 Posts
I'll retract my statement, I was hoping to have a full UAV board. Like I said, the hardware is impressive and the software looks great. I know it was built from the ground up, was just hoping for it to be further along as all. Congrats on the accomplishment Dankers, I know you left here for a reason and I don't want you to leave again.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Last edited by Sid3ways; May 25, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old May 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
W T F ? I thought this project was to develop an open source UAV platform for less from the ground up? The hardware is impressive no doubt but 2 years deep into the project and we only have a 6DOF control board?

Regardless I guess I'll still buy one to try and hope.
Well they are coming out with a pro board that is gonna be capable of GPS. Here is a quote-> OpenPilot Pro is the advanced platform consisting of the OP MB, OP INS, and OP GPS. It's the one that is designed for more advanced uses.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
Aveiro, Portugal
Joined Dec 2010
232 Posts
2 years ago you didnt have all the whatever duino available with stable and working sensor nor anything like that, and they are not making they boads, they are making high end devices, the code is really impressive if you go and give it a read.

For example it took my team 28 hour, 8 persons and 8 webcams to put ONE webcam sort of half working in an IGEPv2 board, people dont know or understand how much work can be being a simple thing when its done....
senso is offline Find More Posts by senso
Old May 25, 2011, 03:04 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,791 Posts
I am trying hard not to get involved as I am busy with the project but some of the reactions here are heartbreaking.

The project is not 2 years old, we started coding in January 2010. This exaggeration to make us look bad is not fair. We have been going a lot shorter than many other projects that cost a great deal more and they don't have anywhere near the code quality, most are just forks from much older projects still.

There was a debate in the project if to even sell the boards for fear that people who have not helped would have some big sense of entitlement.

Please don't do this to us, we have worked long and hard on all this, mostly what we got along the way was attacks from commercial companies and a lot of hassle. Everyone in the project are volunteers and all of you could have helped us and we still need your help, not snide attacks like we are some large corporate business.

There has been a huge investment in people's time and money to bring this to everyone here, we make only a small margin on the boards to help people in the hobby and progress OpenPilot.

OpenPilot is non-commercial and non-profit project, we do this for fun only.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old May 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,791 Posts
Quote:

Regardless I guess I'll still buy one to try and hope.
Please, do not buy one, we do not want that attitude or that negativity. There are many other projects around that would love the sales. We would rather keep the project friendly to be honest.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Closed Thread