Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 02, 2003, 12:09 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Micro Drenalyn

My JMP RX Combo and a pair of actuators arrived today. A real piece of artwork in itself.

I'm considering building a micro Drenalyn to put this lot in. Intending to use a single 145 Kokam and the KP00 2.67/1 with the U80 prop for power.

The big question is how big should the Drenalyn be? I've experience of the 380mm span version with an IPS which is amazing with a small 2s1p Lipo pack.

For those of you who don't know what I'm on about; Drenalyn

I've some 2mm Depron which I intend to use.

--
Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2003, 01:52 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Dave... You could wiegh all the gear that you will be useing.. make the plane lil larger then you think it should be and put some wieght equal to your gear and test glide it .. you can cut it down till you find the best size for the gear you will be hauling through the air.
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Old Oct 02, 2003, 02:45 PM
MSC Rödinghausen, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
954 Posts
Dave,

what about this one? It has a KP00-like drive which I took from a cheap free-flight plane, a GWS 3x2 prop and a self-made IR receiver. The span is 200mm, the weight about 25g. It uses one 145mAh Kokam cell. It is made from 3mm Depron.

It flies great if you balance the elevons well (they must not hang down). But better have quick reflexes!

By the way, that's a D cell for size comparison.

Regards, Jochen
jberg is offline Find More Posts by jberg
Last edited by jberg; Oct 02, 2003 at 02:48 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2003, 02:57 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Thanks Jochen, I just knew I wouldn't be the first I was just thinking 200mm might be about right.

My reflexes should hopefully be up to the job with all the hours on my micro heli lately.

--
Dave
Old Oct 02, 2003, 03:21 PM
www.jmquetin.com
Paris - France
Joined Aug 2003
195 Posts
Dave,

Our Horten wings "Variantes" 50 or 60 could also give you an idea of what you can acheive with a JMP-Combo, KP00 geared 2.7/1 and a GWS prop on one Li-Poly.
See my Web page http://jmquetin.free.fr/Variante.htm

Keep us inform on your Micro-drenalyn.

Regards.

J.M. Quetin
JMP-Team
jmquetin is offline Find More Posts by jmquetin
Old Oct 02, 2003, 03:57 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Thanks for the link J.M., it was these babies that made me order the little JMP rx setup. I have in fact asked my Father to try and source a back issue of the magazine in question (my family all now live in France )

Some parts still required (plugs/sockets/fine wire etc) so progress will be slow.

200mm looks good, have already cut most of the parts

--
Dave

[edit]
Totally off topic but I see you into the Psion 3a PDA. I haven't used one in years but I did some bespoke development work on these a few years back.
Last edited by wildpalms; Oct 02, 2003 at 04:00 PM.