SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2003, 08:02 PM
BOSS
New Jersey (excl EWR), United States
Joined Apr 2002
4,984 Posts
=September-ish.=

Oh man, I cant wait that long. Can you do me a faver next time? Wait until the final week to show me, that way I dont have to wait so long

I guess its waiting time

Jon
j_z_123 is offline Find More Posts by j_z_123
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:15 PM
BOSS
Joined Apr 2002
4,984 Posts
Bill, can you post a pic of the micro cap and the >cough<Distraction>cough< to compare size difference? I'm going to stop spaming your thread...

BTW, check your PM

Jon
Old Jul 15, 2003, 01:31 AM
Littlebirdz
Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
1,517 Posts
010 Envy

Ahhhhh Bill,
What am I going to do with you?? Were you working on that before you went to SEFF?? I can't believe you had an 010 going and didn't tell me. VERY nice, just like all of the models you put out. I am going on 2 months now with the G-Nat and I don't have half of the framework you do. Darn job is getting in the way of my airplanes..... I still have yet to start on the Micro Cap I bought from you , but my trip out your way in September is still on. You're gonna teach me how to draw faster if I have to put a 12 pack of Michelob in you. Oh well, back to the Computer screen. If you come out with the model we were talking about at SEFF before me I may have to install a UAV system and turbines in my next design... he he

Hats off to you on this one bud... Kudos all the way boyo.

Dave
toofastdave is offline Find More Posts by toofastdave
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:55 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Did you see GWS mini F3a Formosa?

http://www.gws.com.tw/english/product/airfly/f3a.htm

GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:30 AM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,403 Posts
Quote:
Did you see GWS mini F3a Formosa?
Looks great - can't say I have seen that one around before

Jon,

Attached please find the photos you requested for the size comparison.
Stevens AeroModel is offline Find More Posts by Stevens AeroModel
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:33 AM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,403 Posts
Here is one from another vantage. The airframe is a bit larger, however ~1/4 oz lighter eveb with the largish canopy (due to the lacking cowl plastic no doubt).

-Bill
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:53 AM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,403 Posts
Re: 010 Envy

Quote:
Originally posted by toofastdave
Ahhhhh Bill,
What am I going to do with you?? Were you working on that before you went to SEFF?? I can't believe you had an 010 going and didn't tell me. VERY nice, just like all of the models you put out. I am going on 2 months now with the G-Nat and I don't have half of the framework you do. Darn job is getting in the way of my airplanes..... I still have yet to start on the Micro Cap I bought from you , but my trip out your way in September is still on. You're gonna teach me how to draw faster if I have to put a 12 pack of Michelob in you. Oh well, back to the Computer screen.
Dave - we should have found a cafe so I could show you some of the stuff I have going a number of these have been roughed in in CAD and just need a little TLC to get to the final cut. It was originally designed a touch larger for a geared S300 and got scaled down for the upcomming indoor season.

Quote:
If you come out with the model we were talking about at SEFF before me I may have to install a UAV system and turbines in my next design... he he[/B]
My plate is full and I like the direction you are taking it...

You guys have got to see what Dave is working on - I'll let him tell you on his own terms when he is ready- but this is one guy to keep your eye on there is some good stuff happening at the Littlebirdz factory.

Dave,

Looking forward to seeing you in September.

-Bill
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:02 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2003
355 Posts
Bill,

This sleek little darlin' needs a IPS Hybrid on her. IPS Hybrid with Lipos would be very sharp. Retracts are a must. Put me on the list for one too. Hmm, a direct drive 300/300h would be nice too, but it adds some weight with motor and battery. hmmm options, options, options...

What is it about full house micros that are just too cool. I mean, you can't fly them in anything over 5mph wind, they are tough to get all the gear inside, you gotta be super picky about every gram, and yet we love'm.

You do wonderful work Bill. Your daughter is a doll too, what about 3.5years or so. I got three little girls of my own. Oldest is six and the twins are 3.5. Fun, ain't it...

Will
Will-MO is offline Find More Posts by Will-MO
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:10 AM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,412 Posts
Nice work Bill! Its huge! (relatively speaking of course :-) I love the lines. I'm guessing this thing should track beautifully.

Will,
FWIW I fly my micro Cap in lots of wind. It has a much higher wing loading and handles the wind with ease. I find that wing loading is often the determining factor in how comfortable I feel with a plane in the wind. With the wing area that Bill has on this one I would guess that I could load it up to 10 oz and have a very stable, responsive plane that could fly quite nicely in the wind.

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:35 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2003
355 Posts
Scott, What powerplant is in your Micro Cap? Whats your setup.

Will
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:58 AM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,412 Posts
Will,
I went the psycho route on that one <snicker>. Its a Razor 300, GWS D gearing, 3 blade 8x7 prop, 3s ET 1200's and pico gear. AUW is 9 oz. Its quite fast with unlimited vertical. It slows down okay but is most definately an advanced pilots plane. I figure about 2:1 thrust to weight :-D

I'm thinking the same setup on this latest plane as well. It should be around 9-10 oz (a bit extra for the retracts :-)

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:08 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Very nice looking bird Bill. Should be hot on a dd 14t 010 and 3x1200 li-po's. I'm having a lot of trouble picturing this flying indoors though
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:26 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2003
355 Posts
Scott, Holy cow... Now thats some serious power. My little Sterling Conversions are quick but nothing like you got. But then again the AUW is under 8oz too.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:59 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tres Wright
Very nice looking bird Bill. Should be hot on a dd 14t 010 and 3x1200 li-po's. I'm having a lot of trouble picturing this flying indoors though

Thanks Tres, I was thinking that the DD 010 would be best outdoors though anything is possible when this is your indoor playland:

---------
The Cadet Field House, located across the street from the Gymnasium, is equally impressive with:

A six-lane (six laps to a mile) Tartan surface indoor track with seating for 925 spectators

An AstroTurf playing field used for inclement-weather football, lacrosse, soccer and baseball practice
---------

Though the Zagi with the 480 was a bit hot. Typically this facility is used exclusively for Slow Stick combat. The reigning champ (greatest number of slowstick kills by a slowstick) is Dan of Pikes Peak RC Hobbies... hmmmmm
Old Jul 15, 2003, 01:24 PM
BOSS
Joined Apr 2002
4,984 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Awsome!!!! Now I know the difference between Micro and Mini!!!lol Oh man that plane looks so sweet!!

Jon