SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2001, 02:48 PM
Glencoe, IL USA
Joined Jan 2001
100 Posts
prop on Flitter-B?

hi,

i've been using the 10x4.7 prop w/GWS-A, and was wondering if other props were worth experimenting with.

Thanks
rktung is offline Find More Posts by rktung
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2001, 04:29 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
GWS has a 10X8 that works very well on the Flitter
Greg
Greg Sutter is offline Find More Posts by Greg Sutter
Old Oct 03, 2001, 02:07 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
Assuming you're using a GWS-A 'Lite Stik' motor then I have had good luck with the GWS 9x7 prop and great luck with the Dymond 3 bladed parkflyer prop (but be sure to use a heatsink on your
motor with this one).

al
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Old Oct 03, 2001, 08:49 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
flitter prop

I flew mine lastnight for the first time. I started with the 10x4.7 prop. I had a hard time keeping it flying. I switched to a 9x7 and it made all the difference in the world! I had a 300mah nimh pack on board. It did rolls and poor loops with this pack. I'll try a 150mah nicad for the next flight.
Strangest thing. While flying my BEE, a pack of birds started following it everywhere! I had to land to make them leave!
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Old Oct 04, 2001, 08:20 AM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
Flitter Props

The prop & motor combination do make a big difference in how the Flitter B will fly.
I too have had a lot of fun with birds. They seem to think the Flitter is one of them.
You may want to try these motor & prop combinations. Please forgive me as to the exact ratios as I do not have the info right in front of me. One of the most intertaining combinations I have flown on the Flitter B is the GWS 11to 1 ratio swinging a 12X8 prop. I beleve this is the largest ratio & prop combination GWS makes. The Flitter flies much slower on this setup, but will do the most crazy aerobatics. Hovering is one of them. Give it a shot.

Greg Sutter
Old Oct 04, 2001, 09:15 AM
Glencoe, IL USA
Joined Jan 2001
100 Posts
Which combo would draw the least amps? I just burned out a GWS-A, so am interested in the best combo for performance and motor life.

the combos so far:
GWS-A w/9x7
GWS-A w/10x8
GWS-F(?) w/12/8

thanks
rktung is offline Find More Posts by rktung
Old Oct 04, 2001, 04:18 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
Prop& motor combo

The F drive with the 12X8 has lasted me for some time.
The GWS motors put out a lot of power for their small size, but do get smoked if pushed to hard. In doors, I have had very good luck with the GWS motors. In doors we tend to fly at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Out doors we tend to fly at full throttle all the time and that is hard on the motors.

Here is a new plane we are kitting right now that use two Airplaneplanet motors. This new design is as fun as the Flitter-B, but a little longer build time.

Greg
Old Oct 04, 2001, 04:29 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
Man! I gotta have one! Put me on the list!

Al
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Old Oct 31, 2001, 06:51 AM
Lino Lakes, MN, USA
Joined Dec 2000
148 Posts
Can you get the flitter B and 38 at New creations? I'll be passing through WI this weekend, is there any place along the way to pick one up?
GHarvey is offline Find More Posts by GHarvey
Old Oct 31, 2001, 01:23 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
Flitter-Wings

I have not placed many Flitters with any dealers as of yet.
EAM had a batch of them for a while but I think they are out. I have been selling them in small batches over the internet. If you are interested you can purchase them directly from me at gsutz@aol.com
I am located in Middleton, Wisconsin near Madison.

Thanks for your interest!

Greg Sutter
Old Oct 31, 2001, 01:40 PM
Lino Lakes, MN, USA
Joined Dec 2000
148 Posts
I'm actually headed to Green Bay this weekend, but have friends in Madison I get to see a couple times a year. What are you charging, for the various birds? There is a MARCEE (Minnesota Area Radio Control Electric Enthusiast's) meeting next week, I may see if we can get a group order, now that indoor flying season is upon us.

Greg
Old Oct 31, 2001, 01:43 PM
Lino Lakes, MN, USA
Joined Dec 2000
148 Posts
I almost forgot. What type of battery does the 38 take? Is the AMP draw under 2 amps (for GWS ESC) or does it need more? While I'm at it, how does the flight characteristics differ between the flitter B and flitter jet?
Old Oct 31, 2001, 01:48 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
Green Bay is about 3&1/2 hours from Madison so that is a bit of a drive for a kit! One of the guys from your group has a Flitter-B and I think he is also building a Flitter38. His name is Tim F.
The Flitter-B has been redesigned but it is still selling for 35.00 plus 5.00 for shipping. The Flitter Jet is 40.00. The Flitter 38 is 45.00 plus 5.00 for shipping. Thanks again!

Greg
Old Oct 31, 2001, 01:52 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
The Flitter-38 uses two of the Airplaneplanet motors TR-389 produced very near you. They draw a fair amount of power so you need at least 350MA batteries. My best results have been with a 7 cell 650Nickle Metal pack.

Greg
Old Oct 31, 2001, 01:56 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
The Flitter-Jet is an easier flyer. More stable than the -B. It still rolls & loops but the Flitter-B can be a crazy Flyer! The Flitter-Jet is a standard 3 chanel set up as is the Flitter-38. The -B need elevon mix. radio.
Greg