Dec 06, 2014, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM
Hello Everybody,

I'd like to announce the long awaited Multiplex Pilatus Battery Sled System.

Thanks to Rudderman98 for lending me his fuse to make the prototype and his excellent motivation.

The build video is here:

http://youtu.be/nxdHdLUOu7U

Hopefully the aircraft shipments will start to roll soon.

These are ready go...

Cheers!

Gary
You might try these, they work great holding the battery in the exact place everytime.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2014, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco
Great idea! gotta see if the electronics on the nose get on the way of the tray going in /out... the nose in my pilatus is quite full
Not a good radio installation. Put the receiver in the back just in front of the rear hatch. Works fine there. Always make sure you have the antennas oriented at 90 degrees. Your set up sandwiched close to the esc and in between the battery and motor is a recipe for disaster...
Dec 08, 2014, 10:24 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
This looked to me like the perfect place for the rec?
Dec 08, 2014, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
That it is!
Dec 08, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Give that man a beer! I'll be doing that while I fix my broken gear. Help move the CG back a little too, so the battery doesn't have to go so far back.
Dec 08, 2014, 06:04 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Yep I put my main Spektrum Rx in the servo bay while the Satellite Rx went in a rear cabin window...the Morgan Mill battery sled is most useful for this plane...highly advise getting one for this plane.

TwistedGrin
Dec 12, 2014, 08:17 PM
rip
Quote:
Got to try that!
Dec 13, 2014, 01:59 AM
GLM
GLM
AMA 209854
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin
Yep I put my main Spektrum Rx in the servo bay while the Satellite Rx went in a rear cabin window...the Morgan Mill battery sled is most useful for this plane...highly advise getting one for this plane.

TwistedGrin
Thanks TG

Cheers!

Gary
Dec 13, 2014, 06:25 AM
Lower AL
Pilatus Porter is making the trip today will shoot some video to attach. I had cracked a landing gear on the right plastic strut right at the stop for the spring. Epoxied it back and wrapped several layers of dental floss soaked in Gorilla Glue as a splice.
Jeff…………

Little on board action from Saturday 13Dec14:
Pilatus PC-6 On Board @ Aaron Bessant Park 13Dec14 (6 min 54 sec)

Jeff…………..
Last edited by SeeMeDo; Dec 14, 2014 at 04:58 PM.
Dec 16, 2014, 05:38 PM
rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM
Might try one of these,

Cheers!

Gary

http://www.morganmill.com/RC/Pilatus_PC_6_parts.html
Ok you talked me into it... I've ordered one of these sleds... is the right season to have a sled
Dec 16, 2014, 08:26 PM

Battery sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie9859901
You might try these, they work great holding the battery in the exact place everytime.
The sled is brilliant for sure.

If you own one, would you be able to measure the width and height that it allows for, I want to order some LiPos but I want to make sure they will fit in the sled, and the plane, first.
Thanks!
Last edited by EDFFanatic; Dec 16, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
Dec 18, 2014, 06:58 AM
Lower AL
If your landing strut with the spring has broke, did it break at the spring stop? That's where I finally snapped one. I've "fixed" it with some whipping and GG followed up with a coating of JB Quick so I don't think it will break again.
I've been thinking that if I cut a 1/4" off the bottom of the struts and put a small piece of foam in the bottom of the strut then they might not bottom out with as much force?
Jeff………
Dec 20, 2014, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxesmh
My plastic landing snapped on second landing as we fly from a very rough field. Decided to use shock absorbers from a 1/16th scale RC Car. See pic below. Great enhanced performance and looks the part. $10 mod works well.
Please post where you found these shocks, and how you connected them to the lower strut. Are they glued to the strut?

Thanks a lot. Looks great!
Dec 21, 2014, 12:53 AM

MPX Battery Sled

For those who want to get Gary's awesome battery sled, I got some details on the dimensions:

The width of the sled allows for a battery 1.5'' wide.
The actual slider sits 1/4'' above the floor in the nose area.

http://morganmill.com/RC/Pilatus_PC_6_parts.html
Dec 23, 2014, 04:48 PM
Lower AL
I've considered Gary's battery sleds but Velcro has been doing a pretty good job, I like to adjust the CG for the winds and type of flying I want to do but the sleds are very nice.
Jeff………

Merry Christmas, got a few flights in today between gifts and dinner made 10 landings and they all stunk but didn't damage anything but still had fun with our Dog Rocky, 53f and light winds.
Jeff……….
Last edited by SeeMeDo; Dec 25, 2014 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply