Oct 19, 2014, 09:10 PM
An aspirational fast jet pilot
She does not need flaps as it can already quite slowly with out them.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2014, 04:22 AM
Just throw it up!
I agree, flaps are not necessary, but they do look good from a scale perspective. Other than taking the landing gear, it is good to put better magnets on the canopy as the stock ones do not grab the canopy very well. Also, if you can, darken out the cockpit. It makes it look heaps better.
Oct 20, 2014, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brati4 View Post
thanks got that it comes with a 3 blade, just asking around if there is any hop up motors that will fit. In the motor compartment.
The Dynam Spit will take a whole host of motors that fit very nicely. If you want wild use this motor on 4s with a 9x9 prop.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._930W_v2_.html

Looking for something a tad tamer this motor is hard to beat on 4s with a 9x6.
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...otor-E-575.htm

Here is the Dynam Spit with the NTM motor on 4s with a big old battery and a 9x9 APC prop. It still is no speed demon but it is still faster than most care to fly. The only thing keeping the wings together at this speed and G forces is a glassed wing bottom. If you do go with this mod ensure you buy some metal geared servos and real push rods and control horns.
Dynam Spitfire (4 min 36 sec)
Oct 20, 2014, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi1970 View Post
The Dynam Spit will take a whole host of motors that fit very nicely. If you want wild use this motor on 4s with a 9x9 prop.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._930W_v2_.html

Looking for something a tad tamer this motor is hard to beat on 4s with a 9x6.
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...otor-E-575.htm

Here is the Dynam Spit with the NTM motor on 4s with a big old battery and a 9x9 APC prop. It still is no speed demon but it is still faster than most care to fly. The only thing keeping the wings together at this speed and G forces is a glassed wing bottom. If you do go with this mod ensure you buy some metal geared servos and real push rods and control horns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2zi...bGtm_SLC2osTGw
so basically any 3542 motor will fit?
I was looking at this one to turn a 3 blader
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Firepowe...otor-E-717.htm
Oct 21, 2014, 04:00 PM
That motor could work if you were to reverse the shaft. Using the bolt on prop adapter gives you no room for depth adjustment of the spinner. The other .15 size motor is a more robust motor as it has a 5mm shaft and in my experience much better bearings. If you are looking for performance then you will find better success using a 2 blade prop. If you want to run the stock 11x7x3 then no motor change is needed. The stock motor is a good motor even on 4s. It's just a little lacking if you are looking for more speed with a 1 to 1 prop like a 9x9.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:08 PM
keep um between the tree's
hey guys ,
just checking in . the weather here has been so bad lately that flying is out of the question.

as far as props go , i like the two blade props for a couple of reasons . better performance as semper noted and i belly land so less blade strikes for me .

as far as the motor goes , i am going with the .15 on the spit and my mustang . when they come back into stock . going to try the 9x9 too . i am and have been using a mas 11x7 .

tracy
DYNAM SPITFIRE DIALED IN (5 min 17 sec)
Last edited by kildar; Oct 24, 2014 at 02:51 PM.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:11 PM

canopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
I agree, flaps are not necessary, but they do look good from a scale perspective. Other than taking the landing gear, it is good to put better magnets on the canopy as the stock ones do not grab the canopy very well. Also, if you can, darken out the cockpit. It makes it look heaps better.
+1 on that one merlin , lost mine to a tree line first flight . cost me a new fuselage to get another one . i now use magnets and a rubber band lol.

tracy
Last edited by kildar; Oct 24, 2014 at 02:51 PM.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:23 PM
"its not a hobby its obsession
Hey all thought I would join the thread
Just picked up an ex display spit for real.cheap

Im gonna.convert strait away to a.VB trop with vokes filter

Canopy is awfull gonna cut and have it open to try and disguise the fact it doesn't have the correct bubble and the rear glassing is to big

Will post some pics as I progress
Jeff......I think I will give it a full tub and instrument fit out
Last edited by jiggz; Oct 29, 2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spell check....trop..vokes
Oct 29, 2014, 02:15 PM
Just throw it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Hey all thought I would join the thread
Just picked up an ex display spit for real.cheap

Imngonna.convert strait away to a.VB trip with comes filter

Canopy is awe full gonna cut and have it open to try and disguise the fact it doesn't have the correct bubble and the rear glassing is to big

Will post some pics as I progress
Jeff......I think I will give it a full tub and instrument fit out
Sweet jiggz. Looking forward to seeing your finished product. I tackled the rear window of the canopy on mine, but not the extra little bit of bubble on the canopy. Little things like that make a massive difference to the overall scale appearance.
Oct 29, 2014, 03:39 PM
Hey merlin...
I'm gonna use a spare.rad from my Pz spit for the large right rad....and will scratch build.th e smaller.oil cooler under the left wing
I'm gonna scratch build the fill vokes filter as.I think it.gives.the.trop a menacing look ..

Paint will b flat earth over wooden deck tan

Cockpit will b a.full scale.tub with all instruments and a full body pilot....I'm gonna need it having ng the canopy open..
Check out my scale tub on the park zone mosquito thread..
Jeff
Oct 30, 2014, 03:30 PM
The Vb conversion begins
Oct 31, 2014, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
The Vb conversion begins
looking good jiggz , might i ask what kind of paint and tape are you guys using ? painters tape isnt working for me ? it just peels the paint right off ? i ordered the the sharks teeth and eyes from callie for mine .

tracy
Oct 31, 2014, 02:32 PM
I'm using tamiya model acrilic

Got the scheme pretty much finished

Just working on the correct exhaust stubs and scratch building the vokes filter
Nov 01, 2014, 08:06 AM
Vokes filter is go.....phase 1 pattern....

Canopy still needs paint
Last edited by jiggz; Nov 01, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
Nov 01, 2014, 02:46 PM
Nearly there with the volkes filter.....I know its.not scale but neither is the rest of the spit airframe...just thought it would compliment the trop scheme in flight

I think it needs moving fwd a.bit to pull it further under the spinner base

Needs colour matching I painted a sim colour to get the right perspective of where it should sit...what do u think guys

Jeff

Quick Reply