Having some fun on my mates 21st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2qNluAZCsE
cool looked like fun
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2013, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flykam View Post
Sure have cynr100 :-)
Here is my first proximity fly with a TBS Discovery.
http://youtu.be/Ff0YJTBTOMY
That's some nice footage.

At the moment I'm still learning to fly and run a hornet 460 in stabalised mode. Makes things feel pretty uncrashable.

To get video like this, is it a case of low gains + high skill?

Man now I want to be home practicing and not stuck at work.
Gotta work 6 days to fund the hobbyking account.
Dec 14, 2013, 01:30 AM
oxygen theif...
G'day gents

i would normally post in a correct section, but i value the responses of fellow skips - so ill post here

Im looking to get a quad. I know very little about them regarding whats the 'flavor of the month" so if anyone can direct me to any good threads for 'learning', that would be great

needs;
- FPV
- Model that will age with my skills - ie do it right the first time. Let the FC 'help' me fly until im capable of going manual. Im not keen on buying one then upgrading later (wife..)
- able to attach a decent gimbal
- will be obviously making a few vids eventually
ive seen what Grazer puts out, but i cannot recall what he is using

What ive read / reviewed and seen others which appeal are;
TBS Disco (already a caipirihina owner)
QAV450

no replies means i might go get a DJI Phantom and crash into multistorey buildings / syd harbour bridge

j/k

thanks !
Dec 14, 2013, 01:33 AM
Howdy,flycam is that ryzla your flying with? im subscribed to his channel seen his new vids same spot says flying with HT assume its yours
Dec 14, 2013, 01:35 AM
Keith
I've been considering going to the dark side and picking up a Naza Lite to replace the APM 2.5 I have on my Disco.

Only thing that makes me a little scared is some the runaway stories I have heard on the Naza. If I recall TS lost a F450 about 12 months ago with a Naza runaway which ended up in a neighbors pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynr100 View Post
Smooth as a baby's bum, you really have that sorted well.
Dec 14, 2013, 01:49 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Quote:
Originally Posted by optical View Post
G'day gents

i would normally post in a correct section, but i value the responses of fellow skips - so ill post here

Im looking to get a quad. I know very little about them regarding whats the 'flavor of the month" so if anyone can direct me to any good threads for 'learning', that would be great

needs;
- FPV
- Model that will age with my skills - ie do it right the first time. Let the FC 'help' me fly until im capable of going manual. Im not keen on buying one then upgrading later (wife..)
- able to attach a decent gimbal
- will be obviously making a few vids eventually
ive seen what Grazer puts out, but i cannot recall what he is using

What ive read / reviewed and seen others which appeal are;
TBS Disco (already a caipirihina owner)
QAV450

no replies means i might go get a DJI Phantom and crash into multistorey buildings / syd harbour bridge

j/k

thanks !
Im a FPV beginner and am learning on a tiny Ladybird FPV v2. its only 3 axis FC so you need to learn how to fly it, as no automatics to take over control, but it so light its hard to break and so small, even when you fly into yourself (yes Ive done that a few times!) it doesnt hurt. It can handle about 12 kts of breeze and can fly indoor or out.

On another note, I just did my first FPV plane maiden this morning so am stoked! Murzwern took this recording, more on his youtube:

Second Flight Using FPV Goggles (1 min 22 sec)

At the moment I feel quads are easier to learn on than a plane. Its nice to be able to stop and hover and look around and fly slowly fwd when learning! Cant do that with a plane!
Dec 14, 2013, 02:41 AM
Here is a Ladybird FPV flight from this morning, just before my plane maiden, on a disused ultralight strip, again thanks to murzwern for recording it. Wind was a gusty 5 to 12 kts hence the wobbly flight (and Im a beginner) Got the Ladybird to 120m away and could have gone a lot further but there were 3D helis in the next paddock.

Ladybird Flight (3 min 18 sec)
Dec 14, 2013, 04:42 AM

Does every multirotar have flight stabalisation?

Are there people out there running complicated channel mixing and trimming every time they fly or something?

Just reading a few comments here I'm wondering if every multirotar requires a gyro stabalised flight controller to stay in the air?

Does the ladybird really not use gyros?
The one I saw at a mates looked like it was making some quick decisions.
Dec 14, 2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbedy View Post
Are there people out there running complicated channel mixing and trimming every time they fly or something?

Just reading a few comments here I'm wondering if every multirotar requires a gyro stabalised flight controller to stay in the air?

The smallest, simplest quads have rate gyros that stop them completely diverging. They will still drift, since they don't really know which way is up, down, left, or right, so they'll keep going wherever you've pointed them - if it pitches forward it will stay pitched forward and start moving. If they didn't have those, they'd be upside down in moments due to imbalanced in propeller thrust.

The next step add 3-axis accelerometers that allow them to know which way is up and thus stabilise their orientation, but there's nothing to correct their position.
Dec 14, 2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklivesere View Post
Howdy,flycam is that ryzla your flying with? im subscribed to his channel seen his new vids same spot says flying with HT assume its yours
Hi, yes it is, he is pretty good with his TBS discovery.
Here is what we got up to today.
Flips and crazy dog at the end...
FPV Chase HT FPV And TBS Discovery Quadcopters Goomborra Park Cairns (5 min 30 sec)
Dec 14, 2013, 08:00 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Has Ryzla threatened to beat you up to a pulp yet for looking at him the wrong way?

BJ
Dec 14, 2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flykam View Post
Hi, yes it is, he is pretty good with his TBS discovery.
Here is what we got up to today.
Flips and crazy dog at the end...
http://youtu.be/BCAwhsSlL9U
Nice video
Dec 14, 2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbedy View Post

The v2 Ladybird has 3 axis accelerometers and the older v1 had 6 axis. V2 saves weight and is cheaper. Ive never had a v1 but maybe it flies better but im happy with my v2 FPV.
Dec 14, 2013, 05:21 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Has Ryzla threatened to beat you up to a pulp yet for looking at him the wrong way?

BJ
Apparently he's become a lot more mellow now he's taken up drinking Jack Daniels
Dec 14, 2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZa_AU View Post
Apparently he's become a lot more mellow now he's taken up drinking Jack Daniels
Yes I punched him in the head and then kicked him in the balls so now he is all fine.
He is a very good FPV pilot though for such a short time flying on Quads.
I think he would put quite a few veteran Quadcopter flyers to shame.

Quick Reply