Jul 12, 2013, 08:31 PM
Quit Cryin and Get Flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram
As usual, not unexpected, my advice is go through the Dave C tuning process,
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ar...r-tuning-guide yes I know it takes time and not easy BUT you do learnt a lot about your frame motors etc in the process, short cuts like flying with default PIDS and tinkering will only lead to disappointment and broken parts which WILL take a lot longer and be way more expensive.

I have to agree with you, I guess I'm lucky that mine was flying pretty well prior to the new mission planner. I really just haven't changed anything or needed to. I did take mine out today for a short flight to cover quite a few firsts. 1st flight with the FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Module, 1st flight with the 11 x 4 7° props and 1st flight with the attopilot. A little windy but all went reasonably well had it sitting in loiter at about 1 m for 5 or 6 minutes and while it was fighting the wind a little it stayed reasonably put.

But yeah mission planner I can see what they're trying to do. They're trying to organize set up and simplify tuning. And maybe they're gearing up for all new crop of APM pilots, maybe they're simplifying down to the must tune parameters, maybe they're trying to become more Naza like, who knows? While I can see what they're trying to do doesn't keep me from being frustrated trying to figure out where everything's at and whether or not I still have access to certain things.

Will it lead to broken parts and disappointment? Maybe with anything other than than a 3-D robotics board and airframe, and that could be what they're doing is simplifying it for use more with 3-D robotics equipment which would be a departure from their open-source stance in the past.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2013, 09:55 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Someone new to APM hasn't a snow flake's chance in hell of making sense of any of this.

Been busy the past few weeks attending to other things, have not done any flying or tinkered with APM.

Started Mission Planner, agreed to the update.

Wondered what happened to all the Parameters, took me a while to realize they changed EVERYTHING, now you don't see any parameters, not even a hint that they exist until you connect.

Looking at the thread on DIY forums from Arducopter 3.0.1 it is a mix of old Mission Planner screen shots and new Mission Planner screen shots.

Looking at the official documentation, mostly old shot of Mission Planner screens, and the main Mission Planner .msi download link is dead.

How on earth can a noob even install Mission Planner or make any sense of it without having a nervous breakdown or tossing it all in the bin.

I will have to update all my blogs.

Why did they have to change Mission Planner is beyond me. So far as I can tell nothing has actually been improved, just more confusion and now a lot more incorrect documentation, ah well, I guess these things are meant to test us to see if we really really want to use APM.

Thanks Joe I thought it was just me. My head is spinning again. Almost have number three quad put together.

Sudsy
Jul 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Someone new to APM hasn't a snow flake's chance in hell of making sense of any of this.

Been busy the past few weeks attending to other things, have not done any flying or tinkered with APM.

Started Mission Planner, agreed to the update.

Wondered what happened to all the Parameters, took me a while to realize they changed EVERYTHING, now you don't see any parameters, not even a hint that they exist until you connect.

Looking at the thread on DIY forums from Arducopter 3.0.1 it is a mix of old Mission Planner screen shots and new Mission Planner screen shots.

Looking at the official documentation, mostly old shot of Mission Planner screens, and the main Mission Planner .msi download link is dead.

How on earth can a noob even install Mission Planner or make any sense of it without having a nervous breakdown or tossing it all in the bin.

I will have to update all my blogs.

Why did they have to change Mission Planner is beyond me. So far as I can tell nothing has actually been improved, just more confusion and now a lot more incorrect documentation, ah well, I guess these things are meant to test us to see if we really really want to use APM.
Wow, I had updated my MP also, but didn't notice the reduced selections in the PID screen. Yeah, the older MP had lots more showing for adjustments. The new MP looks more like the basic/main adjustments. I hadn't played with the other PIDs much so maybe not that big a deal for me.?
Jul 12, 2013, 10:33 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Wow, I had updated my MP also, but didn't notice the reduced selections in the PID screen. Yeah, the older MP had lots more showing for adjustments. The new MP looks more like the basic/main adjustments. I hadn't played with the other PIDs much so maybe not that big a deal for me.?
I just basically don't like the graphics. The black header with white letters is going to be a problem in any light. I have tried but can't figure out how to change it back to the old style.

I guess I'll try the new firmware with this new build.

Sudsy
Jul 12, 2013, 11:23 PM
Is there no way I could change input pitch ch2 to input ch7 or ch8 (AUX)?

Thanks
Jul 12, 2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvyas
Is there no way I could change input pitch ch2 to input ch7 or ch8 (AUX)?

Thanks
Which receiver are you using?
Jul 12, 2013, 11:30 PM
9x 8C v2 Turnigy

And the problem is in the apm and not the rx.
I want to change APM's ch2 input to ch7 or ch8.
Jul 13, 2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
9x 8C v2 Turnigy

As previous reply said it maybe possible to change code to make this possible, but do you have knowledge or skill to do this? I don't, so you have 2 other options, using a receiver with ppm out port, or new board.
That receiver as far as I know doesn't have ppm out, but there is a 6 channel receiver compatible with turnigy 9x that does have ppm out, not sure if it passes 6 or 9 channels though.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_6Ch_V2.html
Jul 13, 2013, 12:37 AM
Quote:
9x 8C v2 Turnigy

I am guessing the reason you want to do that is because that input is damaged on APM 2.5 ?

You could modify the code, not easy to do and when a new revision comes out you have to do it all over again.

I do not think it is a good idea to continue using a board that has a damaged input on one of the ATmega32U2 I/O pins as there could be other things that have also been damaged.
Jul 13, 2013, 12:52 AM
sad.
rctimer does change the board?
Should I send them back?
Jul 13, 2013, 01:00 AM
Again I tested using multimeter-
The signal wire and -ve of ch2 isnt shows only 0.03v
and when I use the same( signal wire and -ve of other channels) it shows 5.6v around.

So, no way I could fix this?
Jul 13, 2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Again I tested using multimeter-
The signal wire and -ve of ch2 isnt shows only 0.03v
and when I use the same( signal wire and -ve of other channels) it shows 5.6v around.

So, no way I could fix this?
I don't understand what it is that you are measuring.

Measuring PWM output from a receiver using a multimeter set to measure DC Volts is not useful.
Jul 13, 2013, 07:20 AM
After the Rx cables are disconnected!
I mean its showing different voltage which is too less to be counted.
Jul 13, 2013, 07:39 AM
iMultirotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara
GPS doesn't work alone. It relies on magnetometer to point out the direction to a certain set of coordinates desired.
In switching body, you modified the magnetic field generated by the power distribution, so I'd say you have a magnetometer issue.

Invert your props, so they push the airframe down instead of up and run the compassmot procedure.
Finally got around to doing this. First I had to work out how

Not sure if this is good or bad, but I had the props off while doing it. Should I have the props on, will props off give me a false reading?

Thanks
Jul 13, 2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315
Finally got around to doing this. First I had to work out how

Not sure if this is good or bad, but I had the props off while doing it. Should I have the props on, will props off give me a false reading?

Thanks
That defeats the whole point....you see compass mot is used to measure the interference your magnetometer is picking up from your power wires in your multicopter frame...the deviation vector which is measured in conjunction with the current is used to correct your heading... when you use your copter to fly in auto modes which use the magnetometer to maintain heading......not having props on ..will not give the FC a complete picture of how bad your mag interference is....so do this test again with props on...and looks like you tested only up to half throttle...test it to full throttle....and I don't get it why your current consumption is zero all the way...do you have the voltage and current sense installed and enabled.......if not do the compass mot in conjunction with your throttle input...

Quick Reply