Jan 28, 2013, 07:18 PM
Bugle6
Ahhhhhh! Grounded!!!! I dropped my DX8 and broke the F-Mode switch! Just freaking slap me!

Now I have to wait 2 weeks to send it in to get fixed. Anybody know of a do-it-yourself on repairing it?

to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2013, 09:08 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
Ahhhhhh! Grounded!!!! I dropped my DX8 and broke the F-Mode switch! Just freaking slap me!

Now I have to wait 2 weeks to send it in to get fixed. Anybody know of a do-it-yourself on repairing it?

Take it to radio shack and get a new switch and remove and reinstall the new one! Not that hard...I used to change toggle switch on F-4 Phantom Jets all the time in the air force.

Then i'll slap ya!!!! LOL!
Jan 28, 2013, 09:13 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
Take it to radio shack and get a new switch and remove and reinstall the new one! Not that hard...I used to change toggle switch on F-4 Phantom Jets all the time in the air force.

Then i'll slap ya!!!! LOL!
Yeah, that's what i'll do. It's $20+ to mail it and $40 repair. And, they'd probably charge return shipping, too. Gripes!
Jan 28, 2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrackeen
The 120 SR does not show up in the automatic updates for some reason. You have to manually download the file from the website, and place it in the update folder and run the manual update shortcut (its explained better on the download page).

As for the 120 SR in phoenix, the default setup is awful. I've found if you set it up as 100% (Advanced) under the simple page, its much more realistic. In fact this seems true on almost all the helis in the sim.
Yes on both counts.

I had to manually install it.
Also the flight characteristics are very unreal - even when it's set at 100%. Response to controls is terrible.
As I mentioned, RealFlight is very much more realistic in all respects with helicopter sims. It's not even worth wasting time with Phoenix for helis.
I do like the fixed wing sims though, and the flying fields are interesting.
Jan 28, 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Yeah, that's what i'll do. It's $20+ to mail it and $40 repair. And, they'd probably charge return shipping, too. Gripes!
I also dropped my DX6i and broke the gear switch. Now it does duty as the TX for simulators.
I also repaired the broken roller a while back. Maybe the switch is next but it certainly won't be sent back for repair.
Jan 28, 2013, 10:52 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Quote:
Sorry to hear that Sax. Will HH send you a switch? The switch should not cost much and I would not think it would be hard to install.
Jan 28, 2013, 11:47 PM
@midnight....glad you found the 120SR in Phoenix....I'd forgotten that there was a bit more to it than just a simple download. As far as the handling is concerned...it is unrealistic at best....but as I mentioned before...there are more settings that can be adjusted....damned if I can remember what they were.....something to do with the head characteristics.....I found them with a Google search but I don't have the URL ...it might have even been in these forums somewhere....or on helifreak. At least mine resembles the real bird a little now...
Jan 28, 2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1110
@midnight....glad you found the 120SR in Phoenix....I'd forgotten that there was a bit more to it than just a simple download. As far as the handling is concerned...it is unrealistic at best....but as I mentioned before...there are more settings that can be adjusted....damned if I can remember what they were.....something to do with the head characteristics.....I found them with a Google search but I don't have the URL ...it might have even been in these forums somewhere....or on helifreak. At least mine resembles the real bird a little now...
Thanks, I'll explore that. Don't know if it's really worth it though. Flying the 120 is better than the sim and it can be done almost anywhere. That's what I like about it. When I feel like playing with the TX inside with nothing more pressing to do, the 120 is always available - sim not required.
Jan 29, 2013, 03:01 AM
Noobster
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite
Thanks, I'll explore that. Don't know if it's really worth it though. Flying the 120 is better than the sim and it can be done almost anywhere. That's what I like about it. When I feel like playing with the TX inside with nothing more pressing to do, the 120 is always available - sim not required.
That is so true...except maybe while charging batteries.
Jan 29, 2013, 05:33 AM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Sax, invest in a neck strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 29, 2013, 07:00 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit
Sorry to hear that Sax. Will HH send you a switch? The switch should not cost much and I would not think it would be hard to install.
Sadly, no. I suppose I'll negate the warranty if I replace my own switch, but heck, it's 2 years old now. How much more voiding is there to do? LOL
Jan 29, 2013, 07:05 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
Sax, invest in a neck strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what makes me so mad! I have a neck strap--3 or 4!!! I was just using the radio to set up my old CX3 after making another repair. Had it on the table and somehow knocked it off. You ever see your life pass before your eyes as you were about to have a car crash? Well, that's what it was like watching that tx fall off the table. It was like in slow motion as I saw my entire R/C life pass by one model after another, one crash after another!!!!!

I found a place that may sell the actual switches, so maybe HH wouldn't notice in the future that I soldered a new switch. They didn't notice that I replaced the antenna from the first drop I made from 1 foot off the ground last year!
Jan 29, 2013, 10:33 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Sax, are you laying your TX down flat when you are not using it. IE: Even when you first power up a bird? I can't remember the last time I set my TX down "free standing" on the bottom feet in the up-right position.

Mike.
Jan 29, 2013, 11:14 AM
MCX2..120SR..NCPX..MQX..D X7s
Good Morning !
Just bought a DX7s and put it on the charger for 12 hrs. Only showing 5.5v...anyone familiar with the full charge/max voltage ? P.S. out of box was 4.8v.
My Dx6i would hit 5.8v.
Jan 29, 2013, 11:43 AM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Sax, are you laying your TX down flat when you are not using it. IE: Even when you first power up a bird? I can't remember the last time I set my TX down "free standing" on the bottom feet in the up-right position.

Mike.
Yes, it was laying down. I hit it with my hand reaching for it! How many goofs could go into one calamity???

Quick Reply