Jan 23, 2013, 09:27 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
In truth I have had a few issues with bang good but to be fair I've had over 40 orders through them and all ended up resolved in a fair and reasonable way. I tend to check other sources first but will still shop there.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig
Also here in Australia we get allot less for our dollar than you do in the US as an example we pay $1.80 au for 1 liter of petrol which is $2.00 us where you pay that for a gallon of petrol as far as I know, correct me if I am wrong.Also heli's etc are cheaper in the US then here as well and not to mention the cost of postage for us if we buy anything in the US for example I wanted to buy a heli and it was in the US the cost of it was $49.00 us and the postage was $165.00 us which is an outrages amount to have to pay.
In Florida right now, $3.39 for 1 gallon of regular.

Sorry for the interruption........ carry on
Jan 23, 2013, 09:37 AM

Buying from China

My only problem with buying my helis and planes from China is just like buying Chinese food. I buy a heli, and a half hour later, I'm hungry for more!

Of course, I'm still impatiently watching the mail every day for that F45 sized box.

Rick
Jan 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
My only problem with buying my helis and planes from China is just like buying Chinese food. I buy a heli, and a half hour later, I'm hungry for more!

Of course, I'm still impatiently watching the mail every day for that F45 sized box.

Rick
Ahh but 90% of heli's no matter what the brand are made in China.
Just branded Blade etc.
Jan 23, 2013, 10:09 AM
Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse

ok so that is $0.89 us per liter that's $1.11 us cheaper then us hear in Australia
Jan 23, 2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
It will help with the motor running cooler which will extend the life of the motor to a degree, but what allot of people on this and many other forums forget is that the motor will heat up mainly due to the current drawn through the tiny thin wire that comes from the board to the motor.
If you change the wire from core wire to solid copper wire it will greatly reduce the heat in the motor as well, and far more than putting on a heat sink.
Because the solid wire can take allot more current so it reduces the heat to virtually nothing being sent to the motor by the wire itself as this is where most of the heat comes from that heats up the motor.

It will also reduce the heat in the PCB as well.

Wire acts like a hose the thicker the hose the more current can pass through it and allot less friction so allot less heat, the smaller the hose allot less current allot more friction allot more heat even before it gets to the motor.

An easy check for this is to start up your heli and hold the wires going to the motor, they will get hot way before the motor gets hot.
Thanks for that information. I am fairly handy with a solder iron and will take your advice and put it to use. Its much appreciated.
Jan 23, 2013, 12:21 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Also here in Australia we get allot less for our dollar than you do in the US as an example we pay $1.80 au for 1 liter of petrol which is $2.00 us where you pay that for a gallon of petrol as far as I know, correct me if I am wrong.

Also heli's etc are cheaper in the US then here as well and not to mention the cost of postage for us if we buy anything in the US for example I wanted to buy a heli and it was in the US the cost of it was $49.00 us and the postage was $165.00 us which is an outrages amount to have to pay.
The cost of shipping is because the merchant wants to make money on the as well, more than on the product itself.
I have shipped several shipments to Australia last year that were around 3.5KG at $55.00 CAD Express post which is EMS. Some merchants are sleaze balls.
Jan 23, 2013, 12:50 PM

F45 Tail Motor

Well the tail motor failed today. Upon inspection it was not the motor but the pinion gear on the motor. It was completly worn out, to the point it was slipping and binding with blade gear. Has this happend to anyone else? I have less than fifty flights on F45.

On another point has anyone done a BL conversion on the tail motor?
Last edited by JP614; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added text
Jan 23, 2013, 01:46 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld
Dunno if you lot know the track record the chineese have with America... Did the chineese try to poison your children with lead-based paint on toys? Did the chineese try to poison your infants with tainted baby formula? Did the chineese try to poison your pets with tainted additives? Did the chineese try to poison your families with drywall (plasterboard) that has so much chemicals in it, the homes cant even be sold?

I noticed many positive reviews were AU/European based... and few American...
Woah back there Bob, let's not go down that route or you never know where it'll end

Next thing you know we'll have the Irish on here complaining about how the English stole their potatoes...

or the Japanese telling us how the Americans murdered 100s of 1000s of their citizens and left a legacy of cancer for their children...

or maybe some of the NATIVE Americans telling us how the White Man gave them "presents" of pox-infested blankets and stole their ancestral homes from them...

We all live in one world buddy, and it doesn't start at California and end at New York... and, like it or not, unless you make all your parts yourself - being careful of course to check the source of your plastics - you are supporting the Chinese economy no matter which vendor you choose. It's sometimes easy to let your own personal experience colour your world view, but one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch dude, no matter what apples they are or what kind of barrel they're stored in.

Stay chilled
Fin.
Jan 23, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1
I received my F46 from Banggood today and everything looked good! I only had a quick hovering maiden in my basement an all seemed to work perfect. I snapped a couple of pics so you can see the size difference between the two. It was a bit more than I expected. This F46 will be more of a backyard flyer for me.
The F46 is a plastic frame but it seems very sturdy like its bigger brother! Interesting to note, it comes with a manual insert that shows how to upgrade and install a BL motor if you want.
Hopefully I'll get to fly more tomorrow if the winds die down!
I'll make future posts about the F46 in it's own thread but I thought some here may be interested.
Hi Baddb1,

Thanks for your post. I am very interested in getting a F46. Where can I get one? I have not seen anywhere to order. Also, would you please post a link to the F46 thread as I am very interested. I have a couple of V912s and would like to compare the two. BTW, I have been surprised and pleased with the performance of the V912.

Cheers,

Jim
Jan 23, 2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse

In Spain 1 gallon 7 $...: Censura:

Another difference from version 2 to the old, the positive wires and motor negative going to the upside down, whereupon an old engine run to the upside-down in a new helicopter...
Last edited by Geso; Jan 23, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Jan 23, 2013, 02:58 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup
Hi Baddb1,

Thanks for your post. I am very interested in getting a F46. Where can I get one? I have not seen anywhere to order. Also, would you please post a link to the F46 thread as I am very interested. I have a couple of V912s and would like to compare the two. BTW, I have been surprised and pleased with the performance of the V912.

Cheers,

Jim
Banggood has one. http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...r-p-59052.html

Or I see MJX's ebay store has one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MJX-R-C-HELI...item337f24a99c

I see a thread has been started too for the F46. The thread also compares the V912 and similar.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1800667
Jan 23, 2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1
Banggood has one. http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...r-p-59052.html

Or I see MJX's ebay store has one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MJX-R-C-HELI...item337f24a99c

I see a thread has been started too for the F46. The thread also compares the V912 and similar.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1800667

Thanks for the link and the info.

Keep 'em flyin'

Jim
Jan 23, 2013, 03:39 PM
Has anyone done a loop or flip with their MJX F45? I am wondering if it's possible after watching this video,
Fixed Pitch Heli Flip loop whatever (0 min 52 sec)
however, I am not skilled enough to try to pull that off yet. I guess he's building up a ton of forward speed, then pulling up while backing off the throttle, then picking up the throttle while coming out of the loop. This looks awfully risky since he has no reverse thrust if he doesn't get out of that loop...
Jan 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
Eternal beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckangaroo70
I ordered a couple heat sinks for my F45. One for the main motor and one for the tail. I have read through alot of post and watched a few videos on the subject. Those folks who have installed them seem to mostly say that they help, but never really heard or read where anyone said exactly how much they help?
Hello !
On my two F45, I had allready 4 tail motor changes (they are good for ABOUT 50 flights). I had heatsinks on the 2 first, an no heatsinks on the 2 next.
I saw no difference in lifespan, it's never the windings of the motor wich fry, but each time, it was because of worn brushes.
The heatsink will cool the magnets of the stator, but I think it will not have a big influence on the rotor and brushes temperature, or if it has, it's not measurable in real life.

Roland

Quick Reply